ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Those are the nightly builds for CM7. Blade = ZTE Blade, 37 = 37th iteration of the nightly build.

There will be a enw build every day, hence by tomorrow you can see a build with #38 with the latest patches incorporated.

Happy with the battery on the SS RLS4b for my daily usage. Currently at 9% and last unplugged was 62 Hours back.

10yjqyr.png

Btw is it only me or shootme app takes the screenshots upside-down??
Have got all screenshots inverted in my phone :S

How to install this in my Zte blade?

Any guide?

SunnyBoi said:
Those are the nightly builds for CM7. Blade = ZTE Blade, 37 = 37th iteration of the nightly build.

There will be a enw build every day, hence by tomorrow you can see a build with #38 with the latest patches incorporated.

Moved to CM7 from FLB, installed CM7 N38 yesterday night. Lots of customization options. It's really fast, much better than 2.2 ROMS. All apps running faster, the gallery loads all photos and previews real fast, even though I've 200 pictures in SD card. Didn't play with it much though, have to change launcher to Launcher Pro or ADW EX, although the stock ADW launcher itself is looking fast.

If USB tethering is something you don't have to use, do not hesitate to give this ROM a go. You won't regret it for sure, and you might never go back to other ROMS.
rocky_pratik said:
How to install this in my Zte blade?

Any guide?
It's just the usual way. Download the nightly build + gapps and flash using clockwork or recovery manager. See here. CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.3) Nightlies Thread - Android @ MoDaCo

^^The only thing bothers me is the daily churning out of the updates. I would wait for a stable release after which updates are not that frequent and then will flash.

Btw what app do you use to backup SMS (and restore thereafter) before flashing ?

^ Just had a look in Modaco and the stable version of CM7 for Blade is out. :p So now you have no excuses. :bleh: But yea, Blade specific updates and bug fixes will keep coming.

I didn't backup SMS, as most of my SMS are forwarded and non important ones, I usually let go of them when flashing a new ROM. Also I install all apps from Appbrain using web installer and do not restore any settings for any apps.

^ It is just released so new thread is not created yet in Modaco. You can see the download link in the nightly thread first post.

The standard AOSP dialer is used in CM7.

Also, it seems that the notification LEDs now blink continuously if there's an unread notification. I missed this in 2.2 ROMS where it would only blink for 5 secs or so.

universal said:
as CM7 stable is out now for blade, can any one have confirmation about USB tethering , working or not?
Nope, it's considered an 'enhancement' and hence devs will be looking into it now, since the stable release is out.

It has been mentioned that there are issues still with GPS and accelerometer. Also there is something mentioned about this version of CM7 only for Gen1 phones while all updates will come for Gen2 which implicitly means that all of us having Gen1 phones need to convert their phones to Gen2

Really have to think before jumping to Gingerbread ship.

If anyone here converts their Gen1 phone to Gen2, do report back as to how it went and any noticeable improvements that you find.

^ GPS issue has been resolved it seems. Accelerometer lags in games, so people playing games with Accelerometer will have problems. Also, no USB tethering. Other than that, there aren't any other big problems at all.

Regarding Gen2, there's a method to convert to gen2 but hold on for it. Right now out of the box, CM7 works only with gen1 phones and when they make the shift to gen2, we will have to do the same to receive updates. Apparently, gen2 upgrade also improves network reception and enables HSUPA.

Things are getting more and more complicated with the Blade now and so guys be very careful before flashing new ROMS. Read all the instructions and make sure you're flashing the file for the correct generation of your phone.

Aarvee said:
Well, Called up CC and came to know that VL is activated on my mobile and not VMC.
Grr... raised another request to get that activated on my handset. Will have to wait for another 24 hours.
Thanks Supra for your help. Will let you know once that's resolved.
My VMC is activated. I am able to access all the apps now. hurray...
I have another issue now.

While trying to download an app from the android market thru a desktop, i am getting this error.
There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account.
What could be the reason ? Also, i am able to find the ebay app in the portal. But not through the market app. isnt that weird ??!!!

^^ Try this...

Use your phone to login to google account once. In this way it will probably link your phone to your google account. This is usually a procedure that is needed to be done after any new ROM installation.
Now i guess when you use android market on PC, it should work fine.

raksrules said:
^^ Try this...

Use your phone to login to google account once. In this way it will probably link your phone to your google account. This is usually a procedure that is needed to be done after any new ROM installation.

Now i guess when you use android market on PC, it should work fine.

Nope. That does not work. :(

Back