ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

@Supra

SS is really a very good ROM and IMO you should stay with it and it may get better with future releases.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

With light usage, last plugged out of charger at 100% yesterday 5:30 PM and as of now my battery reads 59%

Calls for 5-10 min or so.

About 26 MB data usage using airtel EDGE network since yesterday. Downloaded few apps using appbrain.

Some amount of sync, very little.

sharktale1212 said:
@raks - Yes that is what I meant. Doesn't work for me. Seems I am the only in the boat lacking multitasking and the power options. :(

Flashing back to FLB.

May be you are the only one for whom these obvious features too are not working. I suggest you switch to FLB after a complete wipe, see if everything works, if yes then again do a complete wipe and install SS and check.

Did you have the latest clockwork Mod installed (3.1.x.x something). I suggest upgrade to this CWM and then install SS .

You never know even CWM may be playing dirty here.

^^ Good to hear that. I guess that is the reason why explicitly it has been mentioned in KK's thread on SS on modaco about updating CWM.

Am on flb11b. If I don't enable data and just have wi fi enabled I get 2 days battery life. However if I have data enabled I hardly get a day.

without data my standby is less than 5%. Am I missing something

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Found another weird bug. Maybe just affecting my phone. I am unable to change the ringtone. It is fixed at Terminated. Changing ringtones doesn't work.

Edit : After being exasperated by SS so much, I decided to take one step further. Now on CyanogenMod 7 RC4 ie 2.3 Gingerbread. I can say the Rom is pretty amazing. The look and feel is simply superb. Praying that Cyanogen does complete the full version soon. Hopefully I can live with the issue. :D:

Its strange about the issues reported here for SS.

@Supra

I am sure you have lots of confidence in TE fellas, but do take a nandroid backup always before changing any ROM. U never know what's going to come next :)

In SS, Reboot app is present. Its just named as Extra Settings with options to enable and disable HA.

You are right about the menu but i have installed Launcher 2, so it is just as good as it can be :) You can try that too.

The default speed settings can be changed to 245 in the provided CPU Control app including any overclocked speed. Actually this app works better than SetCPU which was a pain.

Are you on 600MHz? I am on 691 and i don't see much lag on the menu or home screen, just the occasional ones during connecting to Wifi/3G for a few seconds.

The default browser is working fine for me. And same as raksrules, i use Opera most of the times as i like the browser a lot, so didn't notice any issue with the default one. :p

I think maybe because we all are jumping from ROM to ROM, some traces are being left behind which might be causing issues with some users. May be...

@sharktale

I myself have moved from Jellyfish to SS and have restores all my 40 odd apps from TB both app and data. It is not causing me an issue et all.

Try doing a install again after clearing all data and cache and then see if this persists. Or if your phone is not behaving properly with this ROM, then just stay with FLB :)

And yeah the multitask and Airplane mode works as in all Android ROMs :)

Changing ringtone just tried and it is working normally as well. Selected Organ dub :p I guess you must be knowing that you cant select a ringtone if the phone is in silent mode.

This ROM mods are a real blessing as well as a pain, ain't it? You want to avoid them but really cant :p

^

Sunny CM7 already comes with ADW which I thought was awesome in itself. I love the transition effect on using the power button. The television like switch is pretty good.

^^

Abhi, the mulitask and airplane mode on the power button worked after updating Clockwork. The newest of the pack is unable to change the ringtone. So I thought if I have to face strange bugs why not on a better version. So moved on to CM7 RC4.

ADW which comes with CM7 is choppy. I have used ADW Ex and Launcher Pro, Launcher Pro is better. Try it yourself ;)

I've been on CM7 on my Nexus one since the last 3 months. Moved into CM7 for blade once just after it was launched, but was slow as hell.

CM7 has improved vastly in RC4, suggest ppl to try newest nightlies instead of RC4 if anyone wants to switch to CM7

The SS ROM works for me quiet well, just that one thing works 3 out of 10 times only. Whenever i connect the USB cable to laptop, the phone does not detect the same. Clockwork does detect and i can mount my SD Card for PC accessing. Not much bothering but would have loved if it worked all the time.

@Abhi

With 691 Mhz overclocked, do check that whether you get some flickering effect in camera. I had reported this to the developer (kallt_kaffe) when he had released RLS4 with out of box overclocking, resetting back to 600 Mhz causes the flickering to go away.

Battery life is hit after overclocking for you ??

Also you have mentioned that you were able to restore the apps fine from TB when moving from JJ to RLS4(b), something weird happened with my brother's blade. He was on JJ RLS9 and i wiped everything (i am sure) and after reinstalling the RLS4b of SS all the apps came back. I am sure i wiped and did a factory reset. Not sure how it happened but i am glad that i did not have to reinstall everything again.

Btw if anyone here is taking Nandroid backups frequently, do note that the backups are stored in sdcard\clockworkmod\backup and new folders are created for each backup. So if you have jumped quite a few (versions of) ROMs and taken backup everytime, this folder must be filled with multiple redundant backups. You can delete the old backups to regain some space on your SD Card.

Btw has CM7 matured enough to be moved into ??

I need to ensure that it is able to run all the apps properly and no major issues crop up which hinder the daily usage of the phone.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

CM7 FINAL coming soon for our blades in few days. Reported on twitter

^ Raks, I have installed CM7 yesterday. Lets see how it goes, for now there are no major bugs. Heck even the SS problem of "not able to use restored apps data" is not there.

Though GPS and Google Maps crash in between and a minor hitch happened yesterday when I plugged my phone to external power source for charging. It suddenly rebooted. Other than that is just great.

raksrules said:
The SS ROM works for me quiet well, just that one thing works 3 out of 10 times only. Whenever i connect the USB cable to laptop, the phone does not detect the same. Clockwork does detect and i can mount my SD Card for PC accessing. Not much bothering but would have loved if it worked all the time.

@Abhi

With 691 Mhz overclocked, do check that whether you get some flickering effect in camera. I had reported this to the developer (kallt_kaffe) when he had released RLS4 with out of box overclocking, resetting back to 600 Mhz causes the flickering to go away.

Battery life is hit after overclocking for you ??

Also you have mentioned that you were able to restore the apps fine from TB when moving from JJ to RLS4(b), something weird happened with my brother's blade. He was on JJ RLS9 and i wiped everything (i am sure) and after reinstalling the RLS4b of SS all the apps came back. I am sure i wiped and did a factory reset. Not sure how it happened but i am glad that i did not have to reinstall everything again.

[/COLOR]CM7 FINAL coming soon for our blades in few days. Reported on twitter

I think i am the lucky one here with no issues :) Tried the camera and there is no flickering that i can see as of now. But i do not use camera much so maybe u r right!

BTW, do u find 600 sufficient? I tried JJ and FLB but found 600 to be slow. 691 hit the right spot for me.

I get good battery backup with 691 in SS, so i think the max i would be losing is an hour which i can live with for the extra bump in speed :)

The apps came back because Google keeps the apps synced. So when you install a new ROM and enter your credentials, it syncs and gets the apps back. It did for me as well. I just had to get the data restored for the apps from TB.

But, as afar as i am aware, any app which you install from other sources will not be synced. Only the ones u have installed from the Android Market :)

So, i had to restore apps+data for Juice Defender, PowerAMP etc from TB.

@Sunnyboi & sharktale

Is CM7 stable enough for daily use? The last i read, it was not that stable. Let us know how it works out for you.

I checked the CM7 thread and there are still issues with the same. I would not jump the gingerbread ship until most of the issues are ironed out.

Moreover i am seeing lot of people complaining about battery drain issue in CM7 so i would stay away from it for now.

^ I dont see any drain. I am not such a heavy user but sometime like to put 4-5 hrs of music. CM7 has given me life comparable to SS. It normally depends on person to person. Secondly, I think official 2.3 might take much longer to come out or might not come at all. So we will be stuck on unofficial ports for a long time to come. With unofficial ports we will always have one issue or the other.

@Abhi - I had it for the whole day today, first day. Lets see how it holds out on a longer term. Though yesterday my Maps app crashed and once my device rebooted suddenly.

I am planning to get galaxy s so, I might sell my Orange SF. It is 2 weeks old, I have rooted and installed Swedish Spring rom.

How much will it fetch if I sell it ?

TFT or OLED ??
Check out market and see how much people who have sold theirs already, did for what price and then price your's accordingly.

CM7 is pretty good now at least from what I can learn from the comments. The battery drain issues are also sorted. Only 1 big issue that exists is the USB tethering doesn't work. This is kinda important for me these days because of the unreliable nature of my MTNL broadband.

Back