ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

^^ How does after sales support depend on Flipkart/Letsbuy ! You gotta take to it to Dell Service centre whether you buy from LetsBuy/FlipLart/Pan Shop/Sabzi Mandi :p

Days are over where you needed to take bake stuff to shops/store from where u bought mobiles from !

Get it cheaper from letsbuy.com

From last couple of days i am facing this battery issue wherein while using Airtel EDGE the battery seems to lose its charge like a counter. I am aware that using Internet does drain battery but this seems more draining than usual.

Should I do the battery calibration?

Does it actually help?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

mavihs said:
guys how is modding & rooting capability of Dell XCD35? & does it have fast boot???
If you get a gen2 phone then probably you won't get fastboot from what I know

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

vercetti said:
Guys....I am unable to install the applanet.net app from within my xcd35 and get an error 'download unsuccessful'...any idea why this would happen?

Are you able to connect to the internet on the phone (either by GPRS or WiFi)?

If yes, following is the simplest way to install any application.

Click on Market. If its the first time you clicked, it will ask you for google account login & pass to sign in. Login and then search for your application. Click on the application and you will see a button called install. Click it, it will download & install the application. You will see an icon on the top while its downloading. Once installed it will give you a message that application is installed.

If you want to save your GPRS bandwith you can connect you phone via WiFi.

Then to install do as per the above instructions

or

goto https://market.android.com/ in your computer. Then search for the application. Once in the application, you will see a button INSTALL on the top left. Click on that. It will ask you to login. Login with the same google account that you used to login in your phone. Since they are the same account so you phone is now linked to android market via that account. Then it will remotely install the application directly to your phone.

Application installation files are *.apk files. You can get them at places other than android market. Google for the apk files and download them if you don't want to go the android market route.

Transfer the files to your phone via USB. Then install a file manager like Astro File Manager from the market and use it to install the apk in a couple of clicks.

BTW when you install an application via market it also saves the apk files in your phone. You can also use them for backup.

Thanks for the info mate. I have installed some apps from the market place.

But for the issue I am having; i am trying to install 'applanet' which is not available in mkt place.

BTW: I am able to connect tio internet with wifi and and GPRS both:)

ontherocks said:
Are you able to connect to the internet on the phone (either by GPRS or WiFi)?

If yes, following is the simplest way to install any application.

Click on Market. If its the first time you clicked, it will ask you for google account login & pass to sign in. Login and then search for your application. Click on the application and you will see a button called install. Click it, it will download & install the application. You will see an icon on the top while its downloading. Once installed it will give you a message that application is installed.

If you want to save your GPRS bandwith you can connect you phone via WiFi.

Then to install do as per the above instructions

or

goto https://market.android.com/ in your computer. Then search for the application. Once in the application, you will see a button INSTALL on the top left. Click on that. It will ask you to login. Login with the same google account that you used to login in your phone. Since they are the same account so you phone is now linked to android market via that account. Then it will remotely install the application directly to your phone.

Application installation files are *.apk files. You can get them at places other than android market. Google for the apk files and download them if you don't want to go the android market route.

Transfer the files to your phone via USB. Then install a file manager like Astro File Manager from the market and use it to install the apk in a couple of clicks.

BTW when you install an application via market it also saves the apk files in your phone. You can also use them for backup.

^^He mentioned that he is not able to install the applanet app and that app will never be available in android market :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Duh....late by 5 minutes in reply, thread was open for long time.

Above reply was directed to ontherocks

^^ i could figure that out mate:)

BTW: anyway to get the applanet.apk file?

also, need a link to noobs guide for android...any links avaliable pls:)

arun687 said:
^ Are u trying to restore data from gingerbread to froyo? Its not a good idea and not recommended. Intact if you use less than 40 to 50 apps, I recommend installing them with app brain or something and not to use restore at all.

While moving from 1 rom to other, I start with a clean slate without resorting apps data n even formatting the mem card. This makes sure that nothing breaks due to restore.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
Well SS's inability to use past restore data is well documented. Though finally, I got it working. Used TB for only user apps and no system data(ie no contacts or sms). I had to use seperate apps for SMS and contacts. Lost all my call history due to it :( Well, now need to be extra careful while changing ROMS. I was loving CM7 but the battery backup was sucking day by day.

arun687 said:
Guys I'm facing problems with charging since 2-3 days now. The phone when connected to charger does not charge most times, even if it stays for 4 hrs on charger, no change in battery percentage, though sometimes it charges fine. Now I'm trying to charge from USB port on computer and it's charging fine, though a little slowly as it always is with USB charging. I'm guessing my wall charger is acting up. It could be the ROM but I doubt it, some more testing will confirm if it indeed is the charger.

Can anyone suggest me an alternative charger that's safe to use with this phone but also affordable?
You on CM7? I was facing this issue on CM7. I even had one day wherein it dint change on plugging in for long time instead lost an enormous amount when it was finally disconnected. It was like 40% while plugged, stayed there for 3hrs..on unplugging it went down to 25%.

I have changed to SS yesterday on full battery, so lets see if there is any difference.

I suppose that people using SS ROM have this AGPS issue. I did not face that i think but there is an alternate gps.conf file by LanceH on modaco and replacing current file with that solves the issue.

But now i found this app on xda. But am confused as whether this can be used as a replacement of that manual procedure ??

[APP][ROOT] FasterFix [V1.1] - xda-developers

sharktale1212 said:
You on CM7? I was facing this issue on CM7. I even had one day wherein it dint change on plugging in for long time instead lost an enormous amount when it was finally disconnected. It was like 40% while plugged, stayed there for 3hrs..on unplugging it went down to 25%.

I have changed to SS yesterday on full battery, so lets see if there is any difference.
Yes I'm on CM7 and I'm having the exact same problem. When plugged in for long hours, the phone is actually discharging at times, but certainly not charging. Though it's working fine on USB charging. I thought my wall charger had gone faulty.

I love CM7 but will have to verify this problem. Will try SS and see if it persists. If it's indeed wall charger problem, will have to buy one of those ipod travel chargers, heard it works fine though it charges on USB mode (data lines not shorted) so it takes time to charge as it draws less current thinking it's connected to a PC.

EDIT: Installed SS and tried charging but it's still not charging. The battery percentage nor the battery voltage in spare parts is increasing. Pretty sure now the wall charger is the culprit.

BTW, will be upgrading to Gen2 and CM7 nightly 64+ tonight or tomorrow. :D

Can't we turn on music like in the nokias while on a call. Talking while having background music? I can turn on music but only I can hear the it.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

arun687 said:
EDIT: Installed SS and tried charging but it's still not charging. The battery percentage nor the battery voltage in spare parts is increasing. Pretty sure now the wall charger is the culprit.

BTW, will be upgrading to Gen2 and CM7 nightly 64+ tonight or tomorrow. :D

Well, I was about to say the same :) I am not sure if my problem is due to the wall charger.

^ Oh that's a pretty damn coincidence if both of our wall chargers decided to malfunction at the same time. :p

Is it charging through USB?

^ Mine is having stranger problem. It gets really heated sometimes when it is "plugged in but no charging" state.

The issue might be due to the extreme voltage fluctuations and erratic power supply (on 1 sec, gone another, then back for 1 sec, then gone) my phone had to go through. From the time when I visited my village.

I just upgraded to Gen 2 and now running CM7 nightly 64. The upgrade process went smooth and easy, I followed this guide to upgrade.

sharktale1212 said:
^ Mine is having stranger problem. It gets really heated sometimes when it is "plugged in but no charging" state.

The issue might be due to the extreme voltage fluctuations and erratic power supply (on 1 sec, gone another, then back for 1 sec, then gone) my phone had to go through. From the time when I visited my village.
It could still be the charger. Try charging via USB from PC to see if it charges fine.

Finally got my Dell XCD35 from Letsbuys. It came with stock Eclair installed (was a Gen 1). The ram was locked to 256MB. Successfully unlocked it to 512MB.

After that flashed Cm 7.0.2 TPT and upgraded to gen 2 and Gingerbread (2.3.4). Till now havent faced any issues.

Lets see so it works how.

Btw guys, according to you, which is the best rom for the blade?

I have tried CM7 and apart from having GB fancy i dont feel any need of that. Right that it provides customizations more than froyo ROMs but i dont really need them so i would anytime vote for the Swedish Spring RLS5 Froyo ROM. IMO it is the best ROM for the blade currently.

cm7 still has issues.

Back