ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

clown_abhi

Skilled
Sep 27, 2007
arun687 said:
^ It could be to some extent. Also remember there is considerable difference in the quality of roms available earlier this year and today, this is assuming you are not using stock roms for both times.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

I am still on the same ROM (Swedish Spring RLS5). Are there any better ROMs out there after this which are as stable?

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
clown_abhi said:
I am still on the same ROM (Swedish Spring RLS5). Are there any better ROMs out there after this which are as stable?

Yes definitely. The ROMS based on leaked Gingerbread release (Ginger Stir Fry and Blue Ginger) are just as stable but more optimized for speed and battery life.

universal

Adept
Oct 8, 2007
rahul2003 said:
I managed to broke my oled san fransisco now having hard time to get it replaced any idea guys?

same here mate :( , i broke my digitizer screen 19GBP + shipping is too much for Chinese brand.

srsriharsha

Adept
Jun 10, 2009
Bangalore
Flashed BlueGinger V5 yesterday night. Seems good but the Dev has pulled down the rom due to other dev blaming him.. blah blah.

But the rom is very nice stable and fast

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
Total chaos at modaco. Seems wbaw is banned and psyloid has left the forum due to some fight. What's gonna be the future development like for the best 2 roms of the blade? :(

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
^ The new rom is looking very good. Didn't notice any significant boost in performance though, but then haven't played with it much yet. The new icon set is very impressive.

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
Not sure what happened, but seems wbaw is replying in his threads. Probably he was handed a temp ban. Although Psyloid seems to have stopped posting there.

BTW, @arun and others, has anyone tried both GSF and Blue Ginger v5..? Which one seems better?

N

NotMyRealName

After i got my OSF replaced for a couple stuck pixels, the new piece doesn't go into the vol + fastboot mode. Only solution so far was to do a restart into fastboot. Then i loaded CM 7.0.0 which is still compatible with Gen1. It looks and works awesome, only problem is rarely it suffers the charging freeze which requires a battery pull. Now i'm thinking of repartitioning for more storage and upgrading to Gen2 but am confused between 7.0.3, the nightlies and GSF etc. I kinda like CM7 and ADW launcher so i would prefer that as long as the newer versions don't introduce bugs which aren't there in 7.0.0. Any suggestions guys?

Arihant.EXE

ex-Mod
Aug 11, 2006
Gurgaon
Alright, so can anyone tell me if it's worth getting this phone right now or are there any more VFM phones available? If it's worth, then how to source it? My mobile phone IQ has gotten all rusty so I'd really appreciate the pointers! :)