ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

I've used it myself on cm7 nightly 158 (my current rom till last night when i updated to nightly 206) and my friend has used it on 2.2, FLB-Froyo r8a i think.

Julian said:
I've used it myself on cm7 nightly 158 (my current rom till last night when i updated to nightly 206) and my friend has used it on 2.2, FLB-Froyo r8a i think.

How does the N206 fare..? I'm planning to move to N179 sometime this week. Is the N206 bug free (major bugs, I mean)..?

I think they fixed it with 206. Haven't had much time to test it much but it's been running for over 20 hours now with no issues.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw, it's the first time i've flashed a new rom over an old one without wiping ANYTHING! not even the dalvik cache. In fact i first flashed sej's kang p7 over n158 to see if the new kernel's any good. didn't find much difference and the avrcp profile wasn't working properly - no music info on my MW600, so i then flashed n206 over that too! it was like rom over rom over rom. and the dang thing's running pretty ok. avrcp is A-ok! i will do a full wip later when i get the time, all this was because i didn't have time to reinstall all my apps.

update: I just read that nightly 207 would include the new kernel 2.6.35

Audio is ok at best. Nothing to write home about. I personally hate the audio. Output volume is low and even though their are hacks to increase the volume, this results in distortion.

I find the audio absolutely perfect with a pair of regular creative ep-635s, run it at about 10/15 if it's really quiet, max 12/15. With my sony xd200s, 13/15, maybe 14/15 for some songs. Never max volume, it's just too loud. About exactly the same as my SE zylo, except it actually sounds louder than the zylo when both are at full volume. The SE has a slightly more 'full' sound though, better with the bass. The output is fine if you use the right kind of earphones. Supra-aural ones like the ksc-75 naturally loose a lot of sound output.

edit: forgot to add, the blade also sounds pretty much the same with my SE mw600, which again uses a mid-range pair of in-ear phones.

A noob question: What does a ext partition do? I partitioned my 2GB card with a 512 mb partition and 0mb swap file but I didn't really understand the purpose. My applications still get (some of them like facebook, gmaps) installed in user memory/. So what is the use of partitioning.

Planning to recover the 512 mb till I get a new 8/16 gb card. TIA. Running CAE v3. More memory available and FM working :)

P.S. Titanium Backup gives me "unable to parse file error when i try restoring my apps" Is it because I'm using different versions? Any suggestions?

Julian said:
I find the audio absolutely perfect with a pair of regular creative ep-635s, run it at about 10/15 if it's really quiet, max 12/15. With my sony xd200s, 13/15, maybe 14/15 for some songs. Never max volume, it's just too loud. About exactly the same as my SE zylo, except it actually sounds louder than the zylo when both are at full volume. The SE has a slightly more 'full' sound though, better with the bass. The output is fine if you use the right kind of earphones. Supra-aural ones like the ksc-75 naturally loose a lot of sound output.

edit: forgot to add, the blade also sounds pretty much the same with my SE mw600, which again uses a mid-range pair of in-ear phones.

The same headphones provide more than satisfactory output on my E63, BB Curve and on my iPhone. I am far from satisfied with the sound on the blade.

Back