ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Well have been running Blue Ginger V5 since few months now. Finally yesterday updated to CM7 N218 and everything looks good so far. Fast and stable. :)

arun687 said:
Well have been running Blue Ginger V5 since few months now. Finally yesterday updated to CM7 N218 and everything looks good so far. Fast and stable. :)

Report back on the battery life.

Will decide which one to keep depending on battery life.

BTW , One noob question : Say I am on X ROM and want to switch to Y ROM , Will I need to do a Full wipe ?

^ Yes will report back on battery life after a couple of days usage.

While switching between ROMS it is necessary to do a full wipe and even recommended to format system partition in 'mounts and storage'. Even upgrading to newer version of same ROM it's better to do a wipe to avoid any bugs, not necessary at all times but recommended.

arun687 said:
^ Yes will report back on battery life after a couple of days usage.

While switching between ROMS it is necessary to do a full wipe and even recommended to format system partition in 'mounts and storage'. Even upgrading to newer version of same ROM it's better to do a wipe to avoid any bugs, not necessary at all times but recommended.

Thanks mate ! Appreciate it !

For all the guys going for flashing ROM :

Firstly and most importantly make a NANDROID backup of the stock ROM first :).

If you are upgrading from a Cyanogen Mod then you dont need a data wipe . Just wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache after each update .Works for CM stable to nightly and vice versa . For flashing two different ROMs do a FRESH Setup.

If on cyanogen Mod and you are running out of space on phone memory , partition SD card using clockworkmod then install Simple2Ext [works only with CM7]and rest is self explanatory .

If you are well versed with the flashing process and can take the risk then you can re-partition the phone memory to bring out as much as 319mb of phone data :) .[please check modaco forum for this ]

PS had posted this from my mobile but dont see the post now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sachin_schum said:
I see Darktremor's A2SD not working in CM7 N218 nightly...can someone assist?

use simple2ext it can port the script :) .

I'm currently on stock 2.2 gen2 and want to root my phone primarily to make the status bar black, can i revert back to stock after rooting incase i need to claim warranty?

Hi everyone....

I have Brand new ZTe blade grey.. bought it from UK......It has everything accessories, box etc.....I want to sell it becoz i need urgent cash.........my offer is 7k no negotiation....

GameNome said:
I'm currently on stock 2.2 gen2 and want to root my phone primarily to make the status bar black, can i revert back to stock after rooting incase i need to claim warranty?

Exactly what i wanted to ask..
Can someone answer this ??
The battery life on this ROM is pathetic.
Also, suugest the best custom ROM in terms of battery life.

Black status bar!!

I've been busy the last two days getting my status bar transparent. Quite a PITA fiddling with xml & png files etc.

CM7 is probably the best rom today.

Julian said:
Black status bar!!

I've been busy the last two days getting my status bar transparent. Quite a PITA fiddling with xml & png files etc.

CM7 is probably the best rom today.

The stock Dell ROM (2.2) has a fugly white status bar. These folks want to get rid of it.
xtremevicky said:
You can upgrade to Nighty 220 and they will be transparent .

Anyone tried 7.1 ?

All 2.3 ROMs for the Blade have a black status bar, not transparent. What Julian is talking about is if you have a full red wallpaper, the status bar should also be red, with/without some amount of opacity. Also, I haven't tried the new stable CM7 yet. You can easily install it over your nightly without having to wipe data.
@ the folks who want to change their status bar.

Rooting and installing a custom ROM is the only way to go.

Aah, 2.2. I don't even remember what that was like.

Umm, the gingerblur-trans theme is pretty kickass, nice translucent status bar too. The xperia arc theme has a nice transparent music widget though, and i'm trying to port that over to the gingerblur. no luck so far.

@xtremevicky I thought you were gonna try 7.1. I'm feeling to lazy to download and flash that now. just flashed like 3 diff nightlies in the last week. Anyone upgrading to 7.1 please try and see if the blade detects the difference between standard earphones and a headset with mic (probably wont), and add a feature enhancement request on the official tracker, since it's now stable.

@pageisgod85 Pretty awesome closeups you're doing there mate!

Julian said:
Aah, 2.2. I don't even remember what that was like.

Umm, the gingerblur-trans theme is pretty kickass, nice translucent status bar too. The xperia arc theme has a nice transparent music widget though, and i'm trying to port that over to the gingerblur. no luck so far.

Are these CM7 theme chooser themes? Any links?

Julian said:
@pageisgod85 Pretty awesome closeups you're doing there mate!

Thanks man :)

The Pain said:
Try FLB r11b Lite from the link below. Excellent battery life and great theme options

[GEN2] [ROM] FLB r11b Lite and Phat < Gen 2 only > - Android @ MoDaCo

Themes with transparent black notification tab

[Themes]Unified Theme Thread - Android @ MoDaCo

Very Stable too.

Isn't FLB a Froyo based ROM?

For those who want to keep a the stock ROM for warranty purpose ... Just do a backup of the ROM using clock work .... else goto modaco and to the thread of original ROM dumps ..you will get Dell 2.2 stock .... though I have not given the later a try ...

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Back