ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

I've heard that it's not really that demanding on hardware, might even run faster than 2.3, so yeah, blade will kick a$$ for a long time.

I have been running 7.1 stable for sometime now and its battery is very good.

Got through the weekend ( friday night to sunday night ) on good usage . I mean good usage = 20-30 calls + 20 sms + GPRS + navigation for 1 hour and it still had 6 % before i put it on charging .

I went to the IRC on cyanogen :p ICS will be ported[according to the topic of the channel].. on zteblade channel wbaw is working on it.. some bluetooth issue they are having.

Cyanogen team won't start working on CM9 until the source code is released by Google. They made this clear in a recent blog post.

anyone using offline gps maps on the zte?

i have one lying in my drawer and would love to use it as a gps/navigation in the car.. any pointers?

babhishek said:
anyone using offline gps maps on the zte?

i have one lying in my drawer and would love to use it as a gps/navigation in the car.. any pointers?

I am using my ZTE Blade as a dedicated GPS Navigation unit since i have another sprint phone here.

I use iGo My way most of the times since it has very good UI and simple to use and best thing is that there is a voice warning whenever i go over the speed limit. It will not work in India since i guess there are no India maps, but please confirm.

Moreover this app has detailed instructions for many of things unlike sygic / co pilot etc

For eg: when i am on highway and need to make an exit, sygic/copilot just say, "Keep right in 0.5 miles etc" while iGo my way says "prepare to leave highway in 1 mile" and so on.I also use CoPilot sometimes but usually not for navigation but for POI search as it shows it well laid on the map and it is clickable.

Sygic does not work well for me for my current location so i don't use it.

Ndrive performs the worst so i never use it.

I am searching for a offline GPS app which can also say street names, but yet to find one.'

But yes i have the following GPS programs loaded in my ZTE Blade

iGomyway

Sygic Aura

Ndrive

CoPilot

Google Navigation

If anyone needs a Dell XCD35 at Rs. 7216.50 (Rs. 8490 -1273.5) (15% discount through coupon) from seventymm.com, PM me to get the coupon code.

Actually I had it in my cart and didnt buy it, so they sent me a 15% coupon to make me buy ;)

Cant get it to root .. tried adb ... it says rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin no specific file or directory found

z4 roots temporary rooting works .. cant get the permanent root done ..

help me out here !

Hi guys, I'm using an IDEA connection and cant get gprs working. I've used APN as 'internet' and even tried to download the settings but to no avail. I am using a newly rooted XCD 35 running CM7.1.
Please help me with my gprs settings because the customer care people are useless.
Thanks.

dark.lord.rules said:
Cant get it to root .. tried adb ... it says rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin no specific file or directory found

z4 roots temporary rooting works .. cant get the permanent root done ..

help me out here !
There is a version of z4root modded to permanently root the blade. Look on either xda or modaco. At work now will post the link later if required

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

I bought my xcd35 last Aug, it was in a good shape when I bought, but after a couple of days some color changes happen on top (pic attached) and it increases day to day, becoming black color. It's there in both corners and top of mobile, don't understand it's because of charging heat!!!

[attachment=10210:17057.attach]

Can anyone suggest,I am thinking of replacement from Dell ?

Regards

jijo

I've got GPRS up and running by fluke. Tried everything for a week, including using the default settings and all permutations of APN and proxy settings. Had almost given up, went to Chennai, came back to Bangalore and lo and behold, my edge sign started lighting up. :eek:hyeah: Must have been an IDEA glitch. Anybody in Karnataka not getting IDEA GPRS working on their phones, just cross a state line and come back. :p

And +1 for that modaco link. Used it when i bought my phone and it works like a charm.

Back