ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

i've usually had trouble in karnataka when roaming. both vodafone and idea. works sometimes. and works fine in goa and kerala.

Just flashed Sej's N257+ which is supposed to have gotten rid of most bugs in the current nightlies. Will update this post with details about battery life and any bug if found, after 24 hours.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

deathgoddg said:
Is it just me or is there some bug with apn network access :s

Mine isn't working after flashing the new nightly. A bug, perhaps?

It probably will, but don't bet on a fully working version anytime soon. The minimum system requirements for compiling the ICS code are massive, so this will discourage small time devs and modders from working on it.

bug .. idk it has no pattern sometimes it works and some times it doesn't :( [dont remember the last nightly it worked with]. And is it true airtel giving 200mb for 97rs @ 3G ? and that too using voda network while voda giving only 100mb for 103bucks.

Actually, it was a false alarm for me. There was some issue with Vodafone's GPRS network which was rectified soon after. If that Airtel thing is true for all major network circles, I'm definitely giving MNP a shot. Kinda sick of 2G speeds, especially when not in a WiFi zone.

pageisgod85 said:
Actually, it was a false alarm for me. There was some issue with Vodafone's GPRS network which was rectified soon after. If that Airtel thing is true for all major network circles, I'm definitely giving MNP a shot. Kinda sick of 2G speeds, especially when not in a WiFi zone.

yeah was a false alarm for me when i was using Docomo .. :p dont know why GPRS on the go wont work on Voda now.. maybe be provider issue. Yeah me too bored with 2G need something in 3G . And voda prices increasing day by day :/ . Will need to get an airtel SIM . If someone can tell me how to activate and deactivate it then i will try it with my mom's SIM :p

^ Where did you hear about Airtel's Rs. 200 3G plan?

Supra said:
^^ how is Sej's N257+ ?

It's pretty good so far. Battery usage doesn't seem very different from N210 that I used for 2 months, but I'd reserve comment on it after 2-3 discharge cycles. Haven't noticed any change in performance, but the LED notifications in sleep mode are a welcome addition. Wish there was a way to keep it in blinking mode instead of the static LED mode that it currently is in. Soft keys are also pretty good, although owing to their tiny size in the status bar, might not be of much use. Barcode scanner isn't broken as it was in the recent nightlies and everything else is working fine so far.

I just flashed N257+ :p will do a full wipe soon after I backup with titanium . Anyway just saw that tariff on their website. And on top its written that they are providing this with help of vodafone in some circles :p damn and still vodafone charges more for 3G . Problem with MNP is that we have to stay 3 months with that . And if 3G is not that good in my area then 3 months is actually a waste :( .

i just bought this phone and need lots of help

1) how to remove the sd card?

2)how to solve the 'no wifi while locked' issue? (if there is any cure)

3) how to install a custom rom?(i did installed roms on my samsung g3 but i don't know any thing about nand backup and all other things written in the instructions for cm7 rom. please give a link for a step by step instructions so i don't end up bricking it )

thanks

rajat565 said:
i just bought this phone and need lots of help

1) how to remove the sd card?

2)how to solve the 'no wifi while locked' issue? (if there is any cure)

3) how to install a custom rom?(i did installed roms on my samsung g3 but i don't know any thing about nand backup and all other things written in the instructions for cm7 rom. please give a link for a step by step instructions so i don't end up bricking it )

thanks

1) Settings->Storage->Unmount SD Card

2) The WiFi issue was solved in the latest CM7 nightlies as well as many GB based ROMs such as GSF.

3) Look around at Modaco forums or even in the previous posts on this thread.

for the first question i meant physically. i am not able to get the lock mechanism. it shows a sign to slide downwards but it doesn't move any where

and secondly i will chk the modaco( been looking at xda on;y atm).can you recommend me any particular rom?

thanks

You just have to pull it down. It's a little stiff when the phone is new.

Most of the users here are using CM7 as it has almost all the features that the other ROMs do as well as some goodies such as CM7 themes and notification power widget which are exclusive to CM7. Battery life may be slightly better on GSF, but I'm pretty happy with the battery life on the latest nightly of CM7 that I'm using.

Maybe the newer nightlies are better than GSF, but this was not the case 1-2 months ago. If this is the case, then there's no reason why one should flash any ROM other than CM7.

Back