ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Rohit- I did every thing like factory reset, artition wiiped dalvik clear atleast 3 times i flashed it, Checked the MD5 with AFV every thing is okie. Currently downloding the rom again will flash it.

Xtremaevicky- Why u want to wait for the memory card the card which came along (2GB) is enough, Do take a bakup

of the current rom before flashing CM7.

xtremevicky said:
Should I start the Rooting now or wait for the 8Gb card ?

You could root now and install a custom ROM later. Rooting will let you install Titanium Backup which will let you take a backup of currently installed apps.

Okay . Steps for Now .

Will root it , cant find a link for clockworkmod recovery :( then install titanium backup .

How can I back up my stock rom ?

Root your phone with Z4root, For CWM install rom manager it has an option for the latest CWM.

For back up once you are done with the above you will get an option in recovery (volume down + power) for the bakup.

xtremevicky said:
Okay . Steps for Now .

Will root it , cant find a link for clockworkmod recovery :( then install titanium backup .

How can I back up my stock rom ?

Once you're rooted, install ROM Manager from Market. That is where you flash CWM as well as take a backup of your current ROM.

Oh and btw, a 2GB card is definitely not enough once you have hundreds of apps to backup and take frequent ROM backups. I struggle with my 8GB card (mostly because of the amount of music I carry)

Flashed and the phone does not pass the cm7 boot logo, When boots logo on skate then arrow then again on skates, can any one tell what could be the problem ?

You have to hold the volume up key + power key to boot at first time, it will take sometime to boot up.

The problem is solved already CM7 file was the problem DL another and all ok and i did not pressed any key while booting all went well.

But why one needs to press the Vol up and power and from where u got this info from ?

Ok guys I am so confused, a barrage of newbie questions coming up,

1.What app do you use for rooting? vanilla z4root or a new permanent root thingy floating around? I would like a temporary root now just for installing and checking out custom ROMS.

2.Is there any way to backup stock recovery before installing CWM? might be needful if I need to RMA or something.

3.When I backup my ROM, do all the apps also included in the backup?

Which is the best CM7 version for a less adventurous person like me? I wont be updating very often.

As you can see, as the device is new there chances of hardware defect is high so wanna compensate for that, :p.

Thanks guys!

TheOtherGuy said:
Ok guys I am so confused, a barrage of newbie questions coming up,

1.What app do you use for rooting? vanilla z4root or a new permanent root thingy floating around? I would like a temporary root now just for installing and checking out custom ROMS.

Depends on which firmware you are in. Gingerbreak will work on all the firmwares.

2.Is there any way to backup stock recovery before installing CWM? might be needful if I need to RMA or something.

There is nothing to backup. Recoveries are generally backed up when you backup ROM. Uninstall CWM from ROM Manager and you'll be back to Stock Recovery.

3.When I backup my ROM, do all the apps also included in the backup?

Yes.

Which is the best CM7 version for a less adventurous person like me? I wont be updating very often.

No idea, let ZTE Blade users recommend this.

As you can see, as the device is new there chances of hardware defect is high so wanna compensate for that, :p.

Thanks guys!

I am facing a strange issue, whenever i am using GPRS extensively i am unable to receive any calls. Anyone else facing similar issue??

now i installed the cm7 mod & everything looks good except for the pc sync(dell software) and the driver..anyone worked out this one?....

Which zte driver & pc suite should i install now?

Back