ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

raksrules said:
Was bidding on a 2 month old used piece. In last 10 seconds the bid went from 72 GBP to 92 GBP + 7GBP shipping :mad:

I thought i had the phone for 72+ shipping but :mad::mad:

PS: My first experience at bidding on ebay :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@varkey

give some Guru-mantra for winning bids on ebay UK :ashamed:

I wud say 99 bucks was a fare deal even for an old one. Many have bought new phones for 110-115 quids. So, saving 15 * 72/73 ....not so bad.

BTW, dont bid on phones early. As rocker123 said..bid at the very last. Better option is to look out for BIN pieces. They present just minutes worth of opportunity but are well worth it.

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

sharktale1212 said:
I wud say 99 bucks was a fare deal even for an old one. Many have bought new phones for 110-115 quids. So, saving 15 * 72/73 ....not so bad.

BTW, dont bid on phones early. As rocker123 said..bid at the very last. Better option is to look out for BIN pieces. They present just minutes worth of opportunity but are well worth it.
What is BIN pieces ??

Can you give me link of any such sale on ebay ??

Sorry for my ignorance :ashamed:

^ BIN = Buy it Now ie listings with a fixed price and not an auction. You need to keep checking eBay as BIN listings of ~ 100 GBP range gets sold in a matter of minutes.

I have this link bookmarked and keep checking it. It will show all the BIN listings. :)

^^ In that case i did a stupidity yesterday. There was a new piece for 105 GBP with free shipping and i did not buy that :mad::mad:

@varkey,

did you use any esnipe like service. I used auctionsniper but never won a bid. the winning bid was always 1 or 2 quid higher than my bid :( .

^ Ya I've used the same and won 2-3 auctions.

In your case it just means that someone else had set a higher maximum bid and system autobid, hence the winning bid is only 1-2 quid higher. But it does work and find it useful when the ending time is at 3 AM etc :p

Thanks for the clarification Vivek.

I was thinking that the site is not fair !!

varkey said:
^ Ya I've used the same and won 2-3 auctions.

In your case it just means that someone else had set a higher maximum bid and system autobid, hence the winning bid is only 1-2 quid higher. But it does work and find it useful when the ending time is at 3 AM etc :p
I tried using the auction sniper and added a new snipe and it is now showing all the information like current bid, max bid etc for that item. But how do i ensure that it will aut bid for me. I just saw the action on ebay and i have been outbid already, but this auctionsniper thing is showing the current bid but not increasing it :S

Am i missing something ?

raksrules said:
I tried using the auction sniper and added a new snipe and it is now showing all the information like current bid, max bid etc for that item. But how do i ensure that it will aut bid for me. I just saw the action on ebay and i have been outbid already, but this auctionsniper thing is showing the current bid but not increasing it :S

Am i missing something ?
it bids for you in the last minute of the auction only...

bhishma said:
it bids for you in the last minute of the auction only...
Oh....

I thought it will keep bidding to whatever max bid i have set.

Also with last minute you literally mean when 1 minute to auction end is remaining ??

Does it mean that say an auction is getting over in say 3 days and current bid is 50GBP and i keep max bid as 95 GBP then in last minute say when the bidding is at its peak then this system will also bid for the same increasing it till the time i dont reach the max bid specified and if say someone bids more than my max bid i loose but say if someone at last bids like 92 GBP and next bid is to be 93 GBP then this system will stop at 93 GBP and i would have say won that auction?

One more query...is this auction sniper entirely free...it says 3 free snipes :S

guys i was just checking ebay uk...prices for this phone shot up drastically(even tft)...i guess its coz of this thread ;-)

Recently all the BIN listings have been priced on the higher side ..
Also the auctions are ending up on the higher side ..
Something strange happening ..
Looks like this phone is gaining popularity day by day ..
Getting tougher to get hold of this phone for less than 100 GBP even for a used one.

its bids for u exactly in last minute and it will bid untill your maximum bid you entered in the snipper...so if the current bid exceeds your max bid 1 or 2 days before the auction ending..,snipper will not bid as the bid is already higher than your max bid...i hope you understood

actually there many sniper sites some are free and some paid
raksrules said:
Oh....

I thought it will keep bidding to whatever max bid i have set.

Also with last minute you literally mean when 1 minute to auction end is remaining ??

Does it mean that say an auction is getting over in say 3 days and current bid is 50GBP and i keep max bid as 95 GBP then in last minute say when the bidding is at its peak then this system will also bid for the same increasing it till the time i dont reach the max bid specified and if say someone bids more than my max bid i loose but say if someone at last bids like 92 GBP and next bid is to be 93 GBP then this system will stop at 93 GBP and i would have say won that auction?

One more query...is this auction sniper entirely free...it says 3 free snipes :S

rocker123 said:

Getting tougher to get hold of this phone for less than 100 GBP even for a used one.

i got an oled for 90shipped(literally new)1 week back..really really lucky;-)

rocker123 said:

lets stop bidding against each other and increase the price and let varkey bid and then buy it for us.

bhishma said:
its bids for u exactly in last minute and it will bid untill your maximum bid you entered in the snipper...so if the current bid exceeds your max bid 1 or 2 days before the auction ending..,snipper will not bid as the bid is already higher than your max bid...i hope you understood

i got an oled for 90shipped(literally new)1 week back..really really lucky;-)
one question. once u won where and how to get shipped ? by default they use royal mail and i dont think phone will ever reach me with that medium.

@cravikum : I totally agree with you on that ..
Lets order this phone one by one ..
and let varkey take the lead ... :)

delguy19 said:
one question. once u won where and how to get shipped ? by default they use royal mail and i dont think phone will ever reach me with that medium.

you need to create an aramex shop and ship account...see first post for more info

haha true..and guys any info about number of phones imported coz of this thread???
rocker123 said:
@cravikum : I totally agree with you on that ..

Lets order this phone one by one ..

and let varkey take the lead ... :)

bhishma said:
you need to create an aramex shop and ship account...see first post for more info

haha true..and guys any info about number of phones imported coz of this thread???
Means in start I have to spend 35 usd for opening aramax account right.

delguy19 said:
Means in start I have to spend 35 usd for opening aramax account right.

dude read the post properly...Use coupon code 'SNS10VSCH' to open the account for just $5)

Back