Nokia N8 Thread

Visited TE after a long time. Nice thread here going about N8 , can I join in.. Ohh.. btw I got blue N8 on 12th oct. Any questions, pls ask ..

@onlyravi : I had a free license for the premium one with me so just transferred that... Lite version does mostly the same but forces you to go to a particular page when you connect. Not much of a hassle. Infact i'm typing this right not on my laptop connected to the N8 via Joikuspot while on the highway doing 100+ :p Works great as you can see :D

dhruvrock2000 said:
@onlyravi : I had a free license for the premium one with me so just transferred that... Lite version does mostly the same but forces you to go to a particular page when you connect. Not much of a hassle. Infact i'm typing this right not on my laptop connected to the N8 via Joikuspot while on the highway doing 100+ :p Works great as you can see :D

I am using the LITE and its serving the purpose for d moment. BSNL 3G speeds also rock... giving peak of 3Mbps I get almost 2Mbps stable speeds with abt 1.6~1.8Mbps uploads.
After charging the N8 at 08:00 in d morning I used it whole day with 3G, Bluetooth on and wi-fi on. At 2300hrs in d night still 20% of battery was remaining. Thats real good I believe.

I think its the only cell phone to have an Auto focus guide lamp to its camera. This function is generally seen in mid range and SLRs where a red light glows to help the camera focus better on the subject. This is nice...

Battery life is phenomenal on the N8 , there is no doubt about that. The AF Lamp is there because of the Xenon Flash , it was there on the Nokia N82 and the Sony Ericsson K850 (i think) as well... Satio too has it i believe.

Ok... Thanks for d info... I was not aware of other phones having the auto focus assistant lamp.

The most beautiful thing about all the new phones is that now today we can really use every feature of it like 3G HS data... Large capacity drives for HD movies and high quality music players .... VDO calling... GPS, Wi-Fi...
This is true for all new phones be it Nokia, samsung, HTC or any other smart phone.... now they are really worth their value...

Well I got this cam as a gift for sis yesterday. Been using it for a while until sis gets back home :p
The damn exchange sync is broken.

On MTNL 3G, the phone is cool until you do video playback when it becomes slightly warm. Its not alarmingly hot as I have seen similar things happen on all smartphones including my N1 and SGS. No complaints so far other that the damn exchange issue.

I can confirm audio quality is excellent when you pair it with high quality headphones. I tested mine with Ultimate Ears TripleFi.10 and Westone UM2. its as good as Sansa Fuze.

Ya the sound's really awesome... I have been using it daily with my Nokia BH-505... Its excellent. Your source files should also be of high quality :p
I have not yet used the earphones that came in the box but from prev exp I can say they are also good.
I am not able to find much good apps for N8 ... Please guys help me out. Specially any app for keeping a watch on BSE or NSE stock rates. I tried one but it did not work...(Investar NSE Streamer Lite)

onlyravi said:
Ya the sound's really awesome... I have been using it daily with my Nokia BH-505... Its excellent. Your source files should also be of high quality :p
I have not yet used the earphones that came in the box but from prev exp I can say they are also good.
I am not able to find much good apps for N8 ... Please guys help me out. Specially any app for keeping a watch on BSE or NSE stock rates. I tried one but it did not work...(Investar NSE Streamer Lite)
try bloomberg its nice app

@delguy19: Thanks.
Just downloaded Bloomberg. It works for equity cash but not for futures and options. Currently using the ShareKhan Lite website :)

Just read some where that Nokia N8 broke all previous records of prelaunch booking.

onlyravi said:
@delguy19: Thanks.
Just downloaded Bloomberg. It works for equity cash but not for futures and options. Currently using the ShareKhan Lite website :)

Just read some where that Nokia N8 broke all previous records of prelaunch booking.
I dont deal in futures so no idea about that and i am not aware of any prelaunch records but can only say this phone from nokia have lot of pros over very few cons so its fine device

dhruvrock2000 said:
Battery life is phenomenal on the N8 , there is no doubt about that. The AF Lamp is there because of the Xenon Flash , it was there on the Nokia N82 and the Sony Ericsson K850 (i think) as well... Satio too has it i believe.
yeah, also the 1st cybershot phone, K790/K800 had AF assist lamp. It is mostly present in those camera phones that have xenon but dont have conventional LED "flash".....

Guys, given that the nokia n8's battery is not user removable, what would a user do if the device hangs ?. Because sometimes even the phone's power button will not function when it hangs and the only way is to remove and insert the battery. In such a case, is it not difficult for a user to carry a screwdriver along with him wherever he goes ?. Moreover from a youtube video came to know that the removal is also not that easy...

WHat do you think about this Nokia N8 users ?. Or is the phone made in such a way that the power button will work in any situation ?? ..

anfjavid said:
Guys, given that the nokia n8's battery is not user removable, what would a user do if the device hangs ?. Because sometimes even the phone's power button will not function when it hangs and the only way is to remove and insert the battery. In such a case, is it not difficult for a user to carry a screwdriver along with him wherever he goes ?. Moreover from a youtube video came to know that the removal is also not that easy...

WHat do you think about this Nokia N8 users ?. Or is the phone made in such a way that the power button will work in any situation ?? ..
Till now not hang for me so lets see what if hang and hope it work same like iphone as when iphone hang power button works to off and on

Back