10mbps for Rs 1110 From Beam fiber

By this year ?

Well all we can do is hope that they do !
<

I didn't go through the earlier posts... but is it available in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai yet?

I wanna switch from MTNL cos they got bad ping!!

I contacted Beamfiber for a new connection and after waiting for a few frustrating days, they told me that the CPU/CPE box was full in my apartment and they needed to install a new one and asked me if they could draw power from my flat for the new box.

They said they would pay me Rs.150/month for the power usage. Should i allow this..?? Is the power consumption of this "box" high?

I was told, it would consume 30 units per month by one of their CC reps but im not sure if this is the correct info..

Appreciate any info or suggestions frm peeps here.

I contacted Beamfiber for a new connection and after waiting for a few frustrating days, they told me that the CPU/CPE box was full in my apartment and they needed to install a new one and asked me if they could draw power from my flat for the new box.

They said they would pay me Rs.150/month for the power usage. Should i allow this..?? Is the power consumption of this "box" high?

I was told, it would consume 30 units per month by one of their CC reps but im not sure if this is the correct info..

I think 30 units a month he's quoting quite low. My box which is a dual-core pentium (45 nm) eats around 1.5 units a day (this after I moved to a 21 inch LCD screen) but then my box is up 24x7 . I am guessing the box that your ISP is talking would also be going similar.Hence see the diff. there and add it to your monthly consumption now and then talk to them for if I'm not wrong with each slab the rates for metering goes higher.

Just my 2 paise.

Damn !

Why can't other isps do the same.

Or atleast provide some reasonable prices.

I pay almost as you guys(850pm)and get just 2mbps with fup. FFFUUU BSNL.

IMO when beam expands it's buisness, it will automatically put some pressure on other isps and offer some good plans

Damn !

Why can't other isps do the same.

Or atleast provide some reasonable price.

I pay almost as you guys(850pm)and get just 2mbps with fup. FFFUUU BSNL.

IMO when beam expands it's buisness, it will automatically put some pressure on other isps and offer some good plans

I had a similar problem. After very extensive research I came to know that beam used to offer 5k yearly compensation to the bldg owners for the box. Now they've come up with this 30 units - 150 a mth thing. I refused to pay up, fortunately my building owner also wanted to change his net connection and got it installed on his meter
<

not all are fortunate of using beam in hyderabad.. infact majority of us face unforgivable/unforgettable stint with their customer support for lack of internet for weeks together, no real botheration from the support team high ping (10 mbps connection had 140 as min ping whereas my 4mbps bsnl has 85 as ping to the same mumbai server) etc etc..

I relieved myself from beam 10mbps some months back.. gave up after loosing all my energy shouting at them with no real work has been done to rectify a small wire cut just in front of my house during ganesh nimarjan

not all are fortunate of using beam in hyderabad.. infact majority of us face unforgivable/unforgettable stint with their customer support for lack of internet for weeks together, no real botheration from the support team high ping (10 mbps connection had 140 as min ping whereas my 4mbps bsnl has 85 as ping to the same mumbai server) etc etc..

I relieved myself from beam 10mbps some months back.. gave up after loosing all my energy shouting at them with no real work has been done to rectify a small wire cut just in front of my house during ganesh nimarjan

support is non existent.. you have to call their lineman directly.. then only he comes..

A rumor is doing the rounds that they might be doubling speeds later this year.Imagine 20Mbps for 1k!
gap.gif

Not So Soon. There are lot more issues for them with their wiring on poles, they'd be spending on the [font=Georgia,]duct [/font][font=Georgia,]to put the Fiber Underground which would cost them in crores as per users of other Forum.[/font]

Back