10mbps for Rs 1110 From Beam fiber

sweetvar26 said:
I'm planning to move to SriNagar Colony, any ideas out there?

Also any users here connected BEAM to a wireless router and using it with their 360 or PS3? I heard that you'll need to log in before you use the Internet.

So any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yeah .. Even I stay a few Miles from that area and as it is VPN my connection is connected to Srinagar colony Server.
yes you can connect it to router and use the internet. I have friends who also connect it to PS3 and use it.
Firstly, you need to login in to Beam portal via your pc and then you can use the Internet on your ps3 or any device without issues.
kippu said:
well i am using it with a router , but i dont remember that last time i had to log in ,i guess only if the guys shut down the system at their place then the log in comes in ...depends on the control centre!

on the other note, with so many hyderabadis, why not arrange a meet?

go to their portal page and log out : portal.beamtele.com

sweetvar26 said:
Yeah I'm looking specifically for online gaming over the 360/PS3. I play online a lot and any impression of the service would be nice.

Online is Good. You get good pingtimes Especially to Singapore server and European servers. All happy for now unless and untill they don't come up again with a Term Called Core issue

sweetvar26 said:
Yeah I'm looking specifically for online gaming over the 360/PS3. I play online a lot and any impression of the service would be nice.

I am using it with PS3 over wifi and its all good ....

chrome9812 said:
Does you really get 10 Mbps? What is the average consistent speed you get?
It's like the same you Enjoy 1Mbps- You get 110-125kb/sec.. we get 1mb-1.2mb/sec on 10Mbps.. the speed is consistent through out the day and beam counts only downloads as FUP. so we're Saved and We can Seed Happily. :)

Applied for Beam Broadband after staying with Airtel for last 1.5 yrs. The damn stupid landline. Everyone in my house loved it too much.
<

Though their installation agreement has been really patchy. Sales guy - 3 days mein ho jaata, after taking money 5 days mein ho jaata, once the money has been fully credited - 1week mein ho jaata. Typical Hyderabad treatment.

I have checked their FUP limits. At one point, I think it was 60GB, now reset to 30GB?

Applied for Beam Broadband after staying with Airtel for last 1.5 yrs. The damn stupid landline. Everyone in my house loved it too much.
<

Though their installation agreement has been really patchy. Sales guy - 3 days mein ho jaata, after taking money 5 days mein ho jaata, once the money has been fully credited - 1week mein ho jaata. Typical Hyderabad treatment.

I have checked their

FUP limits. At one point, I think it was 60GB, now reset to 30GB?

Hehe. It's 10Mbps up to 30Gb and then 2Mbps unlimited
<

You can post your concern on official page of Beam on facebook for Quick Response.

Really guys you make pple in other cities lament in pain
<

Can you guys do us a favor.

Talk with the officials you know and let us know when Beam is going to roll out services to other cities.
<

^ Not really helpful. after reading the FB page it makes me feel that I have done a mistake taking new connection with Beam.

Not a Big problem. It would be Good if you start using it.
<
you would find Airtel complaints on the web about disasterous service that would not stop you right. This is also the same!

Really guys you make pple in other cities lament in pain
<

Can you guys do us a favor.

Talk with the officials you know and let us know when Beam is going to roll out services to other cities.
<

I think i have already posted about it here. http://goo.gl/7GStV

They're Expanding to Delhi, Mumbai,Pune and other cities within Next 22Months.

<
. I paid 2500 + 1400 for modem to get 2 mbps unlimited from BSNL 3g for just 3 months that too did not used to get above 2mbps near 1.5-2mbps . I pay 7500/- yearly to get 512Kbps UL

Not a Big problem. It would be Good if you start using it.
<
you would find Airtel complaints on the web about disasterous service that would not stop you right. This is also the same!
Well inspite of the complains I had a good experience with Airtel. It wasnt until they tried to push a faulty modem to me that I got pissed. 8 days have passed since I paid and yet to see the connection. So I can understand the pain people on the FB page are feeling.

Back