2* Win 8 keys for 900 bucks from Dreamspark

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like windows 8 will be an epic fail on old desk tops and laptops

May be with new touch pads (hope they come in New oem win 8 lappys shipping from Oct 26) adopted for corner gestures and swipe gestures, win 8 may be fun to use

Other than that., win 8 has unnecessary start screen., forced to boot to lock screen

Instead making tablets grow towards desktops., micro soft down grading desktops to tablets with win 8.

Even experience users will feel annoyed to use win 8 initially., basic users will feel like night mare.
With hours of usage you always get used it.
But first impression is Epic fail

My advice don't upgrade from directly from windows 7 to win 8 unless you used preview version
Try it in dual boot for a week it even more then you can decide on upgrade

I felt like this
If I my update my Fathers laptop,he will switch on the laptop an start windows 8 and he will definitely confuse and call me and will throw the laptop right on my face in anger(in confusion )..

OT ** dual booting with Win 7 has been a major problem for me.

Each time i boot into win 8 and then go back to win 7 chkdsk runs on all drives finding lots of errors, i'm worried it may damage my data on the win 7 drives.
Yes, fast boot is turned off and i'm running 32bit RTM.

May be with new touch pads (hope they come in New oem win 8 lappys shipping from Oct 8) adopted for corner gestures and swipe gestures, win 8 may be fun to use

Other than that., win 8 has unnecessary start screen., forced to boot to lock screen

Instead making tablets grow towards desktops., micro soft down grading desktops to tablets with win 8.

Even experience users will feel annoyed to use win 8 initially., basic users will feel like night mare.

My advice don't upgrade from directly from windows 7 to win 8 unless you used preview version

May be with new touch pads (hope they come in New oem win 8 lappys shipping from Oct 26) adopted for corner gestures and swipe gestures, win 8 may be fun to use

I felt like this
If I my update my Fathers laptop,he will switch on the laptop an start windows 8 and he will definitely confuse and call me and will throw the laptop right on my face in anger(in confusion )..

wouldn't recommend two identical os to dual boot instead install 3rd party softwares that brings 7 functionalties to windows 8. I was initially annoyed with start menu and missing shutdown option from start but now I'm used to it although I never use metro start.
Afterall windows 8 is going to be the future concentration although windows 7 more likely to exist like what windows xp for over a decade.

I do find windows server 2012 listed in the dreamspark page. Did anyone give a try? Do the server os feature metro start like windows 8?

wouldn't recommend two identical os to dual boot instead install 3rd party softwares that brings 7 functionalties to windows 8. I was initially annoyed with start menu and missing shutdown option from start but now I'm used to it although I never use metro start.
Afterall windows 8 is going to be the future concentration although windows 7 more likely to exist like what windows xp for over a decade.

I do find windows server 2012 listed in the dreamspark page. Did anyone give a try? Do the server os feature metro start like windows 8?

Pls tell what 3rd party softwares will be best

But win 8 might be like Vista and Win ME edition

Every alterante edition of windows is getting failed

But lets see how win 8 does in next 6-8 months

Okay! I just registered here for this offer. How much will I have to spend in all to get a legal license of Windows 8?

Any links to download the 32bit Windows 8 Pro version?

Torrents or any links appreciated other than those MSDN links,as ive given the key to a friend and he wants to download windows 8 !

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I have bought a 64bit key from varkey, but I don't have access to dreamspark to download. Can anyone who has downloaded the 64 bit ISO please confirm if this is the same file:

Size: 3.34GB

Where did u download it from ?

Pls tell what 3rd party softwares will be best

But win 8 might be like Vista and Win ME edition

Every alterante edition of windows is getting failed

But lets see how win 8 does in next 6-8 months

I'm using xlaunchpad and xwidget...actually I dont see any need for startmenu after having these two. There are many other free launchers & startmenu replacement out there that you might want to give a try.

^^ Not that I know of. The link I gave you is from the same torrent which was posted earlier (MSDN Win 8 Pro leak, non enterprise version). I just used a service and it uploaded the torrent data to this site. Downloaded from the same link2-3 days back and it was perfect. Maxed out my bandwidth and no problems whatsoever.

Does anyone have 2 keys to share? I can pay them right away.

I am not sure if this is allowed in this thread. In case its not, i will remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back