Budget 31-40k 27 inch 1440p 144hz+ IPS Monitor Suggestions

Is sharing profiles a viable thing to do? Won't each panel behave a little differently?
Essentially yes. But same panels with using the same stock firmware will correspond better with a calibrated profile.
That's why each manufacturer has a custom ICC for every model. Hardware Unboxed has a huge collection of profiles which they offer to their patreon members.

Hello All,

i am looking to buy 2k or 4k monitor,so need some advice as i am not able to decide.

Budget : whatever works for my usage
Usage: coding,movies. no gaming or graphic work

current setup : i5 4400, gt630, Dell u2412m
need a good quality monitor for long term, i bought my current monitor in 2014,

currently in my wishlist
DELL S2721DGF - bought it from Amazon in 39K, two stuck pixels in middle of screen . had hard time convincing amazon support but finally returned. no replacement available.
LG - 27GL850 - next pref, if nothing works will but this.
LG - 27QN880 - new launch, comes with usb c charging, i think price is on higher side and will decrease in coming days.
BenQ EX2780Q - good reviews , just not sure about long term reliability and service of benq
ASUS PA278QV - again good reviews, currently not available

any other option i missed ? as i said no gaming so not sure i should look for higher freq panels. thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.

Sure does sound like Benq is perfect for his usage. Since gaming isn't in the picture, maybe he can go lower too if desired? There are some in 20k - 25k I think. But if prioritizing panel and all that jazz yeah, Benq.

Last edited:
Hello All,

i am looking to buy 2k or 4k monitor,so need some advice as i am not able to decide.

Budget : whatever works for my usage
Usage: coding,movies. no gaming or graphic work

current setup : i5 4400, gt630, Dell u2412m
need a good quality monitor for long term, i bought my current monitor in 2014,

currently in my wishlist
DELL S2721DGF - bought it from Amazon in 39K, two stuck pixels in middle of screen . had hard time convincing amazon support but finally returned. no replacement available.
LG - 27GL850 - next pref, if nothing works will but this.
LG - 27QN880 - new launch, comes with usb c charging, i think price is on higher side and will decrease in coming days.
BenQ EX2780Q - good reviews , just not sure about long term reliability and service of benq
ASUS PA278QV - again good reviews, currently not available

any other option i missed ? as i said no gaming so not sure i should look for higher freq panels. thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.
u can check this model also
1. Lennovo https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-23-8-E...031&s=computers&sprefix=1440+p,aps,374&sr=1-8
2. Acer Nitro VG271U
3. LG -32GK650
4. Benq EW2780Q

Sure does sound like Benq is perfect for his usage. Since gaming isn't in the picture, maybe he can go lower too if desired? There are some in 20k - 25k I think. But if prioritizing panel and all that jazz yeah, Benq.
well Acer VG271U 144hz, 2K falls in that range that is 25K, I tried linux in Acer Nitro, and linux let me use it for 4K @ 59hz but the fonts were not that good, but i was amazed that a 2K monitor supported 4K in Linux, happy but i would certainly recommend atleast 38 inch - 43 inch for 4K.

and... the price have fallen to 22.5K, only if i had waited a month i would have saved 2.5k.

Sent. Let me know how that works out for you.
All good! Thanks! Got my build up and running and it's on 170Hz now. No issues with applying ICC that I experienced earlier. I might prefer a tad more contrast maybe, but I'm not experienced enough in this yet to be certain and the profile is def an improvement. Overall, satisfied with this buy.
and... the price have fallen to 22.5K, only if i had waited a month i would have saved 2.5k.
Don't bother with it. I think the same Acer monitor was available for 19K a few months back and some from here bought it.

I recently got M27Q, it's pretty damn good for everything except text. I really love this monitor but I spend a lot of time in browser/IDEs and it's hurting my eyes.

How does EX2780Q and VG27AQ compare to M27Q in terms of picture quality? Are they as vibrant as M27Q?

Also @roofrider / @Kratos47 could you please send the calibration profile to me? I'll check that one before send the monitor back.

The BenQ ex2780Q is worth considering for good monitor speakers, (1100:1) decent contrast ratio for an IPS, good response time and great looks. Plus the hdri functionality really does look better than native HDR in a lot of games.

I recently got M27Q, it's pretty damn good for everything except text. I really love this monitor but I spend a lot of time in browser/IDEs and it's hurting my eyes.

How does EX2780Q and VG27AQ compare to M27Q in terms of picture quality? Are they as vibrant as M27Q?

Also @roofrider / @Kratos47 could you please send the calibration profile to me? I'll check that one before send the monitor back.
With Cleartype Text (RHS) I have no text issues except in things like IDM where there's minor fringing. I do all my office work on M27Q as well and there are no issues in Excel or most apps that support cleartype text. So make sure to reset or enable it for BGR type display. Read my reddit review few pages back.
Since I'm using dual monitors now, I have anchored IDM app window on my old monitor.

So can also enable UI scale to like 110-120% but I like 100% better and it took sometime to get used to when I switched from 1080p to 1440p. I gradually scaled down from 120% to 100%.

As for Calibrated ICC profile:

I've already setup the cleartype but it's still above my eyes tolerance limit.

Setting the scale to 125% works but then it's a waste of screen space on a 27" monitor. I'd also prefer it to be at 100%

As expected the profile didn't have any effect on the text. I'll checkout EX2780Q in a few days.

As expected the profile didn't have any effect on the text. I'll checkout EX2780Q in a few days.
Yes ICC profile or any workaround won't work for BGR layout. Only thing that will work is flip the monitor from the stand and then vertical flip the resolution as well. But then GSync won't work.

My suggestion will be LG 27Gl850. G sync and also works well with my AMD card. no issue at all. Dell is also good but stock issue will hunt you and if it comes to rma, more of an issue. asus one is good but LG will be on my priority list. skip Gigabyte due to alot of issues with rma in india.
I am thinking of pulling the trigger with the LG 27GL850-B by today or tomorrow. Is it suitable for both FPS games like Warzone and office use ex. excel, word, etc.?. what is your experience?. Also I coudnt find the 27GL850-B model anywhere.

Back