Monitors 27" LED from (Korea)

Guys,
Has any1 bought these from Amazon ? I came across this monitor for 350$ few days back (it's unavailable now). There was an option to pay using debit and credit card.
I was just wondering whether there will be any extra shipping charges to ship it to India. Also will Indian international debit cards work on amazon.com?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJBU810/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A9NL8E4SMGIQ2

Thanks

As its unavailable can't verify, but in most cases it won't even be available for direct shipping to India. You will need to make use of some package forwarder.

If you need help with payment on eBay let me know, I could pay on your behalf.

There will obviously be shipping charges to India directly taken by amazon if the item is available on amazon global. And mind you shipping charges might be lot since it is a monitor. On top of that customs.
Even if you get through some third party forwarder like SNS etc, there will be shipping charges. You know what will be weight of the package ?

There will obviously be shipping charges to India directly taken by amazon if the item is available on amazon global. And mind you shipping charges might be lot since it is a monitor. On top of that customs.
Even if you get through some third party forwarder like SNS etc, there will be shipping charges. You know what will be weight of the package ?

It was ~8kgs.

With such high $$ rates , are these monitors still VFM at 28-30k ? I guess the ones who got them early got it for 24k-ish and lower.

I talked 2 a customs officers and got info that duties might be 18%-36% max depending on the country & make of the model. If it's marked as 'used item' it might be close to 18%.
I decided to but Qnix (matte) finish which costs 100$ less . 334$ . Same display but no HDMI port.
I earn in $$ so , not going to affect me much.
It should take 3-4 days max to reach here. :)

I got a XStar a few months ago. Slight BLBleeding in the corners, but mostly unnoticeable. If it irritates me enough, I might eventually open her up to fix it (The BLB apparently happens because of assembly being done without much attention to tolerances, all that needs to be done is to loosen a couple of screws).

I'm loving the additional real-estate, though I might end up eventually buying a better base for (that's my only real complaint about it). It's real flimsy and the whole monitor rocks with the slightest push on my table (My table isn't the greatest either, but that's another matter all together).

I wasn't sure if my GTX570 would have enough grunt to push out all those pixels, but apparently, I'm good for the few games that I play these days. Might eventually get a 770/290something once I move into my NCase M1 (should be getting that in Januaryish).

Delivery from Korea to the US was in 2 days for me. Ordered on a Tuesday, had it in my hands on Thursday.

I ordered the Qnix monitor (matte) on 15th , and got it today morning .
Monitor = 330$ , Customs 28% (For 200$ as declared by the seller) = 4027 INR. Fedex cleared the customs and I paid them.
Monitor has absolutely no black light bleed nor a single dead pixel . Works fine out of the box . Seller : Accessorieswhiole .
Colours are awesome and matte screen looks good.
Quality of the monitor is also good . As good as my Benq 22 inch monitor. :)

I am considering one of these, just wondering getting a 1440p is really worth it, wont it push me to get top of the line GPU, currently have the 7970

Got a Crossover 27" basic IPS from accessories whole sometime in May June - landed cost was about 21k . ( the customs i had to pay was around 1000 bucks. this might be a one time thing though. Another friend of mine who ordered the one with a tilt and height adjust mechanism was charged 3000 for customs)

I play a few fps/rpg games time permitting, fifa is only on my ps3. The other major use will be movies / shows, for which I dont think the juiced up resolution is required, please correct me if I am wrong.

I play a few fps/rpg games time permitting, fifa is only on my ps3. The other major use will be movies / shows, for which I dont think the juiced up resolution is required, please correct me if I am wrong.

Overall, the colours are better than a regular TN, watching movies etc too is better IMO however you would have to start watching 720p and 1080p rips since 480p will look like sh*t...... again if your sitting a few feet away the resolution wont even matter, a 27 1080 and 1440 would look the same to the eye i believe

If you're playing the latest games thou im sure the FPS would take a big hit.

True. But IMO, 27" with 1080p as a primary monitor is a waste of real estate. :(
Jeri, care to explain, we have 60' tv that are 1080p and are perfectly fine, why is a 27' with 1080p a bad choice?

Overall, the colours are better than a regular TN, watching movies etc too is better IMO however you would have to start watching 720p and 1080p rips since 480p will look like sh*t...... again if your sitting a few feet away the resolution wont even matter, a 27 1080 and 1440 would look the same to the eye i believe

If you're playing the latest games thou im sure the FPS would take a big hit.

Saumik, I am coming from a Dell 2408WFP, definitely going back to a TN panel, just contemplating 3 20incher eyeinfinity or a decent 27'. The problem with the Korean monitor is no ASS for a decent amount of investment, just weighing my options.

BTW- The Shimian looks very nice and subtle, did you get a perfect pixel panel? What was your landed cost?

Back