80 - 1 Lakh System for 3D- / Image Editing

I think something's wrong with yours :p

I think you're in for a world of hurt if your world view on technology is based on Newegg 'reviews'. Those are good for compatibility research and the occasional laugh, but not for definitive opinions on the technical performance of any kind of PC hardware. For a start, none of those "reviewers" have any test equipment.

To begin, see the electrical noise charts here: Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Next, look carefully at the efficiency figures: Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets it drops below the rated 80% at some point in time.

Let's verify this, shall we? Look at this chart: Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review Review Seems the power supply is not truly 80Plus.

Here's the thread on fan noise. TX-750 fan noise - The Corsair Support Forums A simple search on the Corsair support forums point out to this being an universal issue. Here's more: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1517622

Again, the manufacturer clearly indicates a higher noise level for the TX750 than its own 650 and 850 watt supplies. Do your own research, the Corsair site should be easy enough to find for you. I hope.

Don't.

May I suggest researching instead.

abhigupta said:
What's the price of HX850 and HX750??

I suppose I read it TX850...also what's the price of TX 850 and 750??

Is it worth investing on a modular one?? I've never used one....
yes its definitly worth spending the extra 1000- 1400rs on a modular psu. also as i already mentioned the hx series have better effeciency than the tx psu's (also shown in the links provided by cranky above, you could also check the same on the corsair site)

Also dont forget that the tx is 5years warranty & the hx is 7years warranty.

cranky said:
I think you're in for a world of hurt if your world view on technology is based on Newegg 'reviews'. Those are good for compatibility research and the occasional laugh, but not for definitive opinions on the technical performance of any kind of PC hardware. For a start, none of those "reviewers" have any test equipment.

To begin, see the electrical noise charts here: Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Next, look carefully at the efficiency figures: Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets it drops below the rated 80% at some point in time.

Let's verify this, shall we? Look at this chart: Corsair TX750W Power Supply Review Review Seems the power supply is not truly 80Plus.

Here's the thread on fan noise. TX-750 fan noise - The Corsair Support Forums A simple search on the Corsair support forums point out to this being an universal issue. Here's more: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1517622

Again, the manufacturer clearly indicates a higher noise level for the TX750 than its own 650 and 850 watt supplies. Do your own research, the Corsair site should be easy enough to find for you. I hope.

Don't.

May I suggest researching instead.
You'll make me stop thinking??? Low minds like you?? People who start fighting over one or the other issue....

Dumb people having their EGOs touching the sky even when they've not made any contribution for the development of this planet....

Rather than telling someone who's unaware of something like a civilized human, they make the other person feel that "I'm the king...I know a lot...BOW DOWN..hahaha....now he'll get to know what I am"

You seriously need to grow up and stop behaving like kids who start fighting for reasons which are never gonna affect their lives in any way.....

First off, you probably need to attend an anger management class. Read the post again, there was nothing I said that should have caused anyone to get their knickers in a twist.

Read the below carefully and try not to take offense, it is not intended - either in this or my preceding post.

You made a statement about the condition and performance of a power supply that

1) you do not own

2) you have no practical experience with

3) you have not evaluated after looking at professional benchmarks and reviews.

In that light, your 'I think' comes from a position of neither knowledge or experience, either yours or anyone else's. Thought is a process of logic, which I did not see you apply in your statement. Therefore, that thought is not useful to anyone, and not even factually correct to boot. That sort of thinking doesn't work. You probably like this post even less than my last, I don't want to always spell everything out.

In this thread, you have contributed opinions, but you've not backed them up by a single professional review or benchmark, or even come from a position of experience like at least three other members have - and a few are in the same domain as the TS and have communicated their point of view. I may not agree with everything they say, but the discussion is civilised. We've been members here a while, and have respect for each other built on time and healthy debate.

I would seriously think about where the anger is coming from. If you react to every piece of advice and contradictory post the way you have on this thread, things are not going to go well for you or anyone who interacts with you.

Good Luck.

Hi,

Update!

Things are going well so far :cool2:

Answering some questions in the thread.... (now that TE is back on :p)

- I am going with the 850W mainly to make it upgrade-proof, in case I got another card in SLI or something similarly power intense.

- I hunted for the MSI 460GTX Hawk, but its out of stock everywhere.

- I will be getting another system in few months that's likely to be better than this one (budget wise) and I would look at a superior card/RAM/SSDs for that system.

Q : Could you guys please suggest a UPS for the system... I am likely to use dual monitors.

I am pasting the config below :

FINAL CONFIG

CPU+mobo: i7 950 + Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard

GPU: MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC

PSU: Corsair HX850W

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL (ordered on newegg)

HDD: WD Black 1TB (FAEX) for OS

Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs as storage

CASE: NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series

DVD: LG GH22NS50

MONITOR: Dell UltraSharp U2311H, 23" (ordered from Dell directly)

TY everyone ^_^

erratic

erratic said:

Q : Could you guys please suggest a UPS for the system... I am likely to use dual monitors.

erratic
what is the basic requirement for the ups. do you just need it to save the files, or you need long backup.

mention the budget for ups.

i would think an apc br1500 will be enough for your rig. if you have the budget then get a apc smart ups.

The basic requirement is that it protects the system and the components... secondly just to give little time to save files and shut down the computer. 5 minutes should be enough.

erratic said:
The basic requirement is that it protects the system and the components... secondly just to give little time to save files and shut down the computer. 5 minutes should be enough.
If you have sufficient funds go for smart UPS from APC like SUA1000i or SUA1500i.

erratic said:
then as i said, the br 1500 will be enough. it sells for around 9k.
if you have the budget then sua1500

Finally its done!

I assembled the system on friday night and have been using it without any glitches so far.

Everything fell in place and was pretty easy.. thank u guys!

I purchased most components from Prime. I was happy with the prices, more so with the service.

Swapnil was prompt with replies on both phone and email and would send me costs very quickly... even though I made no reference to TE initially.

The RAM was ordered from newegg through ICCworld, again was very happy and the item was delivered within 7 days of me placing the order.

Moniters were purchased from Dell directly. There was almost a Rs.1500-2000 difference between lammy prices and Dell directly.

However if you order from Dell it does take longer, they say it takes 4 days but in my case they almost took a good 8 days.

Below is the final system I went with... special thanks to Cranky for his recommendations and dealing with my constant PMs and all

the other members here on the thread- kippu, stormblast, DarkAngel, RD274, zhopudey, NAV33N abhigupta.. pardon me if I missed anyone.

CPU+mobo: i7 950 + Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard Rs. 28000

GPU: MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC Rs. 13000

PSU: Corsair HX850W Rs. 9250

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL Rs.14300 (ordered on newegg thru ICCworld- includes shipping)

HDD: WD Black 1TB (FAEX) for OS Rs. 4950

Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs as storage Rs. 2950

CASE: NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series Rs. 5600

DVD: LG GH22NS50 Rs. 950

MONITOR: Dell UltraSharp U2311H, 23" (ordered from Dell directly) Rs. 14470

So far everything works out nicely, I have to still tweak the system to optimize it for Photoshop, it feel a a bit of lag when I work on files more than 200mb.

I am glad I found this forum, and if u have any queries related to graphic design feel free to PM me :)

Thank You!

erratic

Back