A noob's guide on buying consoles!

But you need not pay any money to have a PSN account. A basic PSN account is sufficient for online gameplay. However, the Xbox Live requires a paid membership for online gameplay.

Time to do some basic searching yourself !!!!
(cheaper on xbox india website)
upload_2013-8-13_1-23-5.png

Nope, they would work. Both the new consoles are region free. PS4 was one from day one, the Xbox One announcement came recently.

I just got a HDMI capable 1080P monitor,
And i have been primarily a PC gamer ,
For me PS3 seems to adding more value than the PC, eg:pS+ subscription and free games.
And also it has good number of console exclusives.
During the release of PS4 i wouldnt have that much games to play since it is a new console whereas in the PS3 i wil be getting a lot of games rite? sooo should i wait for PS4 or get a PS3 now?

Ok before I ask my questions, let me say that this is an excellent thread to read for all. Now to the confusion :D
I have always been a fan of the Grand Theft Auto Series and perhaps it is the only game I play.. I last played GTA IV for PC when it came out and got myself a new rig just to play the game. I did play a few others like Mafia/Bio Shock but GTA IV was always the game I liked the most.

Now the GTA V is coming for PS3 in September which makes me wanna buy a PS 3 (I can't and don't want to game on PC anymore).. I did a few searches and found GTA V PS 3 Bundle. As evident, it is actually very good value at amazon.com so I thought let me order this. But then I realized there is a 20 odd % custom duty on gaming consoles imports which makes the saving in cost price redundant.
Firstly, do you guys have any idea on whether the GTA V PS3 Bundle will be launched in India?
Secondly, If I were to buy the PS3 (assuming the bundle is not released), should I buy the 12GB one or the 500GB one?
Finally, if it is available online for a cheap price, links to those websites.

Thanks!

About that GTA5 bundle can't say anything.

But regarding 12GB or 500GB one, you can go for 12GB if you don't plan to download games from PSN (with PS+ Subscription), store BluRay Movies in HDD etc.

Yes 500GB is always better to be on safe side, but if you really don't plan to use up that space there's no reason to invest in that extra space. So think wisely.

Generally in PS3, you must update the games before playing, which ranges anywhere between 100MB - 500MB / 1GB. So you may need to clear HDD once it's filled up with the game updates which you have completed. So if you plan to continue with multiple games at a time, there can be a problem depending on the update size.

But believe me, with 12GB PS3 one can easily continue playing more than 10 games at once.

But finally the important part is that, as you are into GTA5, please note that AFAIK Rockstar announced that one needs to install the game (around 8GB) in order to play it. So here's your main issue. So think wisely.

If you can invest go for 500GB one, you'll love PS3 exclusives like Uncharted Series, God of War Series, Killzone Series, Resistance Series, The Last of Us etc.

Firstly, do you guys have any idea on whether the GTA V PS3 Bundle will be launched in India?
Secondly, If I were to buy the PS3 (assuming the bundle is not released), should I buy the 12GB one or the 500GB one?
Finally, if it is available online for a cheap price, links to those websites.

Thanks!

My advice, visit one of your local stores to see if you can find one of those older slim models still in stock. Sony really made a sloppy move by launching the 12GB PS3. The amount of Digital content it offers over PSN+, you'll run out of that space in no time. Just get an older slim and pre-order a copy of GTA V. If you can't find one, then the super slim 500GB would be your immediate choice. I saw one on Ebay with 3 free titles; inFamous, Heavenly Sword and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. That's a really good offer.

Don't think it's gonna release here, pal.
I spoke to the guys at Nextworld and they told me that it was scheduled to be launched in India but due to the recent dollar rise, there is a possibility of it being cancelled. He also told me that the price of GTA V would increase to 3,299 or 3,499 once its launched.
Don't know how far is he correct though. So just to be on the safer side, I did pre order it and in case the bundle realeases, i'll cancel the pre-order.
I just hope that a situation doesn't arise where I'm left with GTA V without the PS 3 lol

Back