A question regarding Aramex Shop & Ship and Ebay (US)

aramex does the customs clearing part for you if you use aramex...they will collect the customs charges from you if they remember to collect it..

harley02 said:
Thanks m.khurana. One last question....what is the approx. custom duty on cell phones?
That totally depends on custom officials...

I was charged Rs 73 for San Fransico as duty and recently paid 350(approx) for a $18 cellphone,,,,

Actual Custom charges are 1% of the value of phone...

The duty on iPods is 27% :eek: more than the computer accessories (15%) or the mobile phones (1.3%) :(

Can't we get them marked as Mobiles from the seller and then get 'em shipped ?

Ok Guys. Thanks a lot for the info on Aramex. I have purchased a cell phone from ebay.com and my address is aramex (provided by them)....i'll be making the payment through payapl and seller with ship it to my aramex address and then aramex will forward it to me. However, initially do i have to intimate aramex about this order?

Regards,

Harley

^ Not necessary. You will get a mail from Aramex once the item reaches their US office.

Just make sure your name and mailbox id is correct when you enter the address.

what to do now :( ????
We attempted to deliver your item at 9:41 am on March 02, 2011 in SPRINGFIELD GARDENS, NY 11413 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available.
You may arrange redelivery by visiting Redelivery redirect page or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

They picked it :)

This is great news, veer_singh

I have one question though. Is it necessary to shop using a Paypal account? What if I just use my international Credit Card for the payment?

buddingwhizkid said:
Should i trust shop and ship US .

i recently have been betrayed by aramex's shipping service

Check : http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deal...er-service-feedback-66698-39.html#post1764340

Now i won this iphone 3gs and i really want it , plus i think i got it at a good price .

1. what will be the total price ill have to pay And is it a good deal ?

2. Should i trust aramex now or not :S

Iphone : Apple iphone 3GS Black (16GB) (AT&T) - eBay (item 130499744726 end time Mar-25-11 09:14:09 PDT)
aramex should be charging 600 bucks or so, assuming the pack will weight less than 500 grams.

And when you talk of trust, that is upto you to decide. If you look, every courier will have its share of horrors, and then there are times when every courier gives gud service.

Shop and Ship is their premium service(With dedicated service personnel, officers, Twitter account), I expect better service than regular courier services. They have been prompt with SNS shipments as well and secondly they have the due amount to recover from you when you use SNS accounts which means they will be extra careful. I guess you should use them and yes do mail them regarding your previous experience with them(to SNS id they cant ignore premium customers you see ), see if they can do some good.

Back