A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

how do i know what is using my mobile data (even when i've shut if off) or if the telecom operator is cheating on me? I'm seeing a few paise being reduced from my main idea balance every day a number of times. I tried putting a firewall and blocking mobile data to every app and still money is being charged.

View attachment 78124
Which phone?
And on which recharge plan?
Dont you have that per day 1gb free data incl with your recharge?
May be you received some mms messages which gets automatically downloaded which is the default setting on any phone.
Try deleting all APNs and see if it still eats data secretly.

It's Redmi Note 5 (not the pro one). I haven't subscribed to the 1GB per day plan. I recharged for talk time of 90 and there was 500MB free data for some 45 days or something. Don't want data as I don't get any speed at all even if the phone says its connected to 4G. I get more than 4Mbps on wifi so no use of mobile data.

I installed glasswire on phone. I have seen the money get charged even when I was travelling and no wifi or data was switched on. I saw Amazon Kindle show me an ad once even when there was no data connection. Maybe its the Kindle app. But it was a one time occurrence. Maybe it's google app or mi system app or something.

Edit: I switched my internet settings to the vodafone postpaid sim. Now if I get charged on my Idea sim, then its another shit tactic that the company has come up with.

Is anyone able to see the incoming validity on an outgoing-barred Vodafone SIM? Earlier it was in one of the menus but i can't find it now.

Not charged on Idea anymore. But got an sms saying validity was going to be over and they will deduct Rs24 for increasing validity for another 28 days. Vodafone app shows 0.0 data usage. So probably Idea scamming pre paid users like me who don't use the service much.

my idea was about to expire on 19th, but they keep on extending outgoing validity till today. finally, got the msg. today, that o/g will be barred by tonight.

One of my neighbour (airtel user) has mentioned about deduction from the main balance after incoming validity got over, and this was done without obtaining consent of any sorts.

Any way to stop this automatic deduction of Rs 35 from the main balance allowing the user to extend the validity upon his/her discretion?

Is anyone able to see the incoming validity on an outgoing-barred Vodafone SIM? Earlier it was in one of the menus but i can't find it now.

Update: on one of my voda numbers which was previously extended to 19th december, today I got an sms saying incoming calls will be stopped from 4th Jan. So it looks like around 15 days of outgoing blocked and then incoming as well.

In VoId there is some ussd for stopping auto debit *369#

Tried it and it gave a message like your request is under process or something. No other info.

Where did you get this code? Couldn't find anything online.

I hope you haven't made me enter some nuclear launch codes...

i got the msg. of auto deduction of 24 Rs. the code i used to opt out is *369*240#.
I forgot the code actually. I wanted to opt-out on some other number.. I pressed *369*24# and boom they recharged 99 RC for me..

Best thing would be *369# and there you can see the option. :)

Best thing would be *369# and there you can see the option.

I would say that best would be to visit their kiosk and ask before trying any code one is not too sure about. With the desperate ways these people have been showing, it becomes a tad dicey with any kinda service request code being sent.

Idea is maha chor. They deducted 24 from my balance on 31 Dec to increase validity for 28 days. Now they are sending me messages that outgoing will stop today 1st Jan 2019 unless I make some top up or else they will deduct another 24 to increase validity. My og validity shows till 27th Jan 2019. They are trying to deduct money again and again from my balance.

Had a talk with CC - guy says no money has been deducted and there is no history of money being deducted in their system. he told me to go to local idea showroom if my amount gets deducted again.
When i asked him how that will help, guy had no clue. Told me to call CC again when it does not work and are telling me to go to a store. :S

wtf. what kind of system do these people have?

Last edited:
Update from Vodafone CC: Total grace period is 90 days. 15 days outgoing barred+15 days incoming barred, after another 60 days the sim will be deactivated. Also, they are claiming there is no option of auto-deduction of 24 etc. in case you don't recharge and have balance. Also don't know about *369#. Note, this was a call back from them in response to a complaint I had made about not being able to send the port sms in spite of having main balance. So they may not have the details, and asked me to call CC once more to check about the two issues in doubt.

p.s. Vodafone and Idea are not exactly the same so people should keep in mind that USSD codes, policies etc. may not be cross-applicable...

And as expected, Vodafone has stopped incoming calls as well. SMS, however, is still incoming.

So my (alternate no.) Jio plan was expiring and I have some traveling upcoming, and i'm not sure about jio's roaming where i'm going, so decided to recharge my vodafone instead of porting to jio. big mistake.

even though i got a similar plan as jio on special 121 offer, Rs. 398 with 1.4gb/day 84 days (regular price Rs. 458), although the 'unlimited' calling is FU'd to 250 mins/day or 1000 mins/week. Still thought it would be enough for my use. Well, network coverage/signal strength has gone to shit, 4g speeds i dunno if i should call it even 2g, leave alone 3g. Lucky to get 1mbps where earlier i was getting 20mbps. Oh and volte doesn't work. I spent 20 mins on hold till a CC executive was connected, and the dude was clueless. He registered a complaint. Later I got an sms "we have activated your volte" but it still isn't working.

Vodafone at least, is finished.

Back