A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

what is the cheapest plan for vodafone how to activate it via ussd from main balance?
depends on if you're using post paid or pre paid. Do the *121# in ussd and you should get the best plans for your number. then select corresponding number next to the plan and send it to activate the plan if you have balance.

For me the cheapest it's showing in both pre paid and postpaid is 245 and 299 per month. Double that of Jio or idea. Vodafone not worth it now imo.

I ported from idea to airtel last week , suprised to find that i had to do a mandatory "First Recharge" of 248 rs to activate the sim.

i put a porting request to Jio from vodafone. Got like 20 missed calls and two people called me trying to convince me to stay with vodafone and pay for their Red plans with a 50 rupees discount for 6 months and 299 there after. They just couldn't understand why that 200 rupees is still more than the 149 I would be paying to Jio for more facilities and more data. They just kept trying to either make me convert my post paid to pre paid sim (vidafone pre paid plans still suck compared to Idea or Jio) or stay in post paid and go for a higher 499 plan in pre paid for some reason. I hope the porting request goes through.

i put a porting request to Jio from vodafone. Got like 20 missed calls and two people called me trying to convince me to stay with vodafone and pay for their Red plans with a 50 rupees discount for 6 months and 299 there after. They just couldn't understand why that 200 rupees is still more than the 149 I would be paying to Jio for more facilities and more data. They just kept trying to either make me convert my post paid to pre paid sim (vidafone pre paid plans still suck compared to Idea or Jio) or stay in post paid and go for a higher 499 plan in pre paid for some reason. I hope the porting request goes through.
Only 5xx plans from avoid offering 3gb per day are good and worthy opting if network is good in concerned area. Otherwise for cheap usage, jio is better. But that too if jio network is decent in area.

In my area, jio and Airtel have switched their qos status. Now Airtel is giving 10-20 Mbps speed and jio is giving 1-2 Mbps. And at in some rooms, practically zero speed. And this is main City area in Pune I am talking about. Their excuse is congestion but it's like that for more than year.

So unwillingly I shall probably be porting out of jio to Airtel spending more. Just for the sake of usable service.

So porting was successful. Do i have to make the first recharge through an offline store or can do through the myjio app too?

All the plans in my jio app are including Rs99 for jio prime and no way to unselect the prime option. Is it every month or one time?

So porting was successful. Do i have to make the first recharge through an offline store or can do through the myjio app too?

All the plans in my jio app are including Rs99 for jio prime and no way to unselect the prime option. Is it every month or one time?
Jio Prime should be one time. Initially they had mentioned of it being yearly cost, but I do not recollect it getting charged again.

guys planning to port to jio from vodafone. it jio network better than vodafone.. also after porting first recharge is compulsary ?
Depends on where you are. Your location is the most important thing. I did the same thing. Ported my decade old Vodafone no. to Jio couple of months ago and hands down one of the worst decisions I have ever taken. I am in the outskirts of Calcutta, W.B. Can't wait for three months to be over so that I can port back to Voda. I had no idea Jio network over here has been degraded to this level. My main problem is the calls made from my phone to others don't even ring for more than 15 seconds, it was initially happening from Jio to other networks mainly but hilariously its happening from Jio to Jio now too. Half the times the receiving party call me back as they were not near their phone but could hear it ringing but by the time they reach their phone to receive it 15 secs. or so are over and call is disconnected.

Pathetic. I never did care for their 4G data network, but if they can't have the basic stuffs like the abovementioned down, then its not even worth considering.

PS- After porting you have to recharge for 99 to activate the Prime plan thing and then whatever recharge plan you want to opt for. Do it from My Jio app, as it will automatically select the 99 plan along with your desired plan and show the total amount to be paid. That's how I did it, despite Jio store saying the first recharge after porting should not be done online, obviously they tried to mislead.

What's the cheapest you can go on Jio per month? I have a decade old Vodafone number that's tied to many services. I don't even use it for anything else, unnecessarily paying 299 per month from past 2 years.

What's the cheapest you can go on Jio per month? I have a decade old Vodafone number that's tied to many services. I don't even use it for anything else, unnecessarily paying 299 per month from past 2 years.
Just contact the vodafone CC and ask them you want to close the account or convert to Prepaid. They will give you cheapest postpaid plan. I got 49 per month plan from them.

Just contact the vodafone CC and ask them you want to close the account or convert to Prepaid. They will give you cheapest postpaid plan. I got 49 per month plan from them.
There's no way to stack up balance on Vodafone for a later recharge from main balance right? That was one of the main reason i moved to Jio. I can just do recharge in advance with Jio and they get queued and automatically activated upon existing plan's expiry. In this way i can utilise all the cashback offers from freecharge, Amazon etc. On damn Vodafone i had to recharge for 398 in one go, could never utilise any cashback offer :(

I'm in Kolkata circle if that matters.

There's no way to stack up balance on Vodafone for a later recharge from main balance right? That was one of the main reason i moved to Jio. I can just do recharge in advance with Jio and they get queued and automatically activated upon existing plan's expiry. In this way i can utilise all the cashback offers from freecharge, Amazon etc. On damn Vodafone i had to recharge for 398 in one go, could never utilise any cashback offer :(

I'm in Kolkata circle if that matters.
Yes that is correct about Voda Prepaid. The Rs 49 plan I mentioned was for Postpaid.

so Vi has increased their minimum recharge from Rs 49 to Rs 79 for 28 days also you cant use any other packs if this recharge isnt done :(

i did a recharge for my alternate no which i do use for calls just did a 48 data recharge it didnt work vi said a minimum recharge is required to use :(

Last edited:
so Vi has increased their minimum recharge from Rs 49 to Rs 79 for 28 days also you cant use any other packs if this recharge isnt done :(

i did a recharge for my alternate no which i do use for calls just did a 48 data recharge it didnt work vi said a minimum recharge is required to use :(
for which circle?? in up west it still shows.

Same here in mumbai for vodafone . I used to recharge with 49 rs for 3gb data for 28 days . Now I must switch operators as I don't want to recharge by 1499 365 days plan as I don't have much confidence in the company anymore .

this.

Attachments

• Vi plan.png
    Vi plan.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 119
Back