A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

I still find it a joke people using VI :D
Many have already migrated to a better networks long time ago..inc me.
Yeah i guess you are right , but I have an airtel and jio connection too and at my location in Mumbai the best speeds I get are via Vodafone . Also it was the cheapest monthly recharge compared to jio which is the most expensive provider .
Also like captain volt showed rs 38 plan does not show up on my vi app .

Can confirm Airtel has technically changed that minimum pack of 45/28 days to 49 but to recharge, you have to do it via retailer; on app and online platforms, minimum is 79. This is for Airtel Mumbai.

When I tried to do it via Airtel app, Amazon/FreeCharge, it did not work. Hence I contacted Airtel on twitter and got following;

File.jpg

I just recharged Rs49 plan on both my Airtel and Vodafone numbers.
Maybe they are rolling it out slowly but in Delhi old plan is still valid.

Attachments

• sketch-1626861548987.png
    sketch-1626861548987.png
    467.4 KB · Views: 135
Do not introduce political flair unnecessarily.
File a case before the SC at once those who have the time. They can change minimum recharge requirements but they cannot disallow SMS and retain calling for any plan. Never seen a such an illegitimate, asinine thing in my life and we are going through such time from 2014 anyway.

I still find it a joke people using VI :D
Many have already migrated to a better networks long time ago..inc me.
Personally its because I dread the idea of a Jio-airtel duopoly, during the lockdown my mobile data usage is down to virtually zero, and the plans suffice for me.

It's basically a game of shoring up ARPU to offset the losses from people migrating to WA and other mediums for telephone purposes and secondly, for 5G services to be launched later. This is for Airtel.

I don't understand these TCs of BSNL. First of all, how much talk-time will a user get for the 397 plan, if any? Is that talk-time only valid for 60 days? What happens after 60 days?

What kind of hide and seek nonsense these telcos are playing is beyond me. On olden days we would get 1 GB data against 251 rupees alright, but at least things were clear, like a 222/333/555 recharge used to give full talk-time and it didn't have limited validity. One was able to use the same for as long the user deemed. Now they take away 'your money' after 28 days irrespective of your usage! Just imagine that! And to top it all up, SMS is restricted under a paid plan, which is a fundamental right of any mobile user just like the telephony.

I don't understand these TCs of BSNL. First of all, how much talk-time will a user get for the 397 plan, if any? Is that talk-time only valid for 60 days? What happens after 60 days?

What kind of hide and seek nonsense these telcos are playing is beyond me. On olden days we would get 1 GB data against 251 rupees alright, but at least things were clear, like a 222/333/555 recharge used to give full talk-time and it didn't have limited validity. One was able to use the same for as long the user deemed. Now they take away 'your money' after 28 days irrespective of your usage! Just imagine that! And to top it all up, SMS is restricted under a paid plan, which is a fundamental right of any mobile user just like the telephony.
Yes since few years all shit and foul play growing around only to keep confusing the poor consumer more and more. On net off net and what all crap!
The plain basic phone utility has gone for a toss!
Monthly basic plans were a breeze back in golden days like Rs 251 and 199 talktime, 4gb net, 250 sms! Flat straight, simple and no non-sense!

I remember not so long I had to study for a day or two to clear confusion about some recharge values which were near identical yet with major differences.. Rs 65/69/75 or something.

Todays recharges are all complex like solving algebra trigonometry and not to forget some hidden shitty charges!
Glad I'm on postpaid for 2 decades now with no such non-sense yet have 2 prepaid nos. which I rc once in 4-5 months for bare min rc just to keep them alive!

Last edited:
^ looks like it was officially discontinued from yesterday (29th July) BUT it was enforced
much earlier. I had to recharge 3 prepaid connections recently with Rs 79 recharge ...

Yeah, I had this issue since last month end when my msgs were not getting delivered. Had to recharge 79 and another 100 to get it working. Atleast they should officially discontinue from the date of announcement.

Yes since few years all shit and foul play growing around only to keep confusing the poor consumer more and more. On net off net and what all crap!
The plain basic phone utility has gone for a toss!
Monthly basic plans were a breeze back in golden days like Rs 251 and 199 talktime, 4gb net, 250 sms! Flat straight, simple and no non-sense!

I remember not so long I had to study for a day or two to clear confusion about some recharge values which were near identical yet with major differences.. Rs 65/69/75 or something.

Todays recharges are all complex like solving algebra trigonometry and not to forget some hidden shitty charges!
Glad I'm on postpaid for 2 decades now with no such non-sense yet have 2 prepaid nos. which I rc once in 4-5 months for bare min rc just to keep them alive!
I'm not sure if my memory serves me currectly, but I think around 2016-ish I would spend 5 rupees for 1 day internet, 25 MB I think. Airtel also had a 'credit' feature where you could claim small amounts of internet/talktime and they would deduct it from you once you had sufficient balance. There were separate validity plans which provided little talktime, but gave something like 5-10 year validity. My number had 10 year validity, something which was supposed to last till 2025/6 or something. Uncle gave it as a parting gift you could say lol.

But once the daily internet packs caught on, they scrubbed it to reflect the active pack ending date as the validity date. I switched to Jio (part of problem I suppose lol) and since I was using internet almost heavily, I would opt for 2 GB per day plans (which back in the day would also used to give 5GB booster packs). I had used Idea sim which had 'unlimited' 2G, I think cap was 3 GB per day, good luck hitting that on 2g speeds lol. In the hostel we would use that to download films, keep phones for charging and while we were attending college it would download the movie. Speeds were crap for streaming but my god I saw ungodly amounts of movies / anime on my Redmi 2 prime, good times.

Also don't @ me about its small screen, I watched Eternal Sunshine Of Spotless Mind on Nokia 6233 so Redmi was like 4k TV lol

^ looks like it was officially discontinued from yesterday (29th July) BUT it was enforced
much earlier. I had to recharge 3 prepaid connections recently with Rs 79 recharge ...
Looks like 79 is the minimum amount for airtel.
Any long term validity recharge options for Airtel to keep the number active?

Back