Airtel, Idea, Vodafone hike mobile Internet rates.

Instead of price hike those companies should have focused on installing caching servers that would have saved them lots of bandwidth

Getting this message from Docomo from last two weeks...
This is for Docomo PostPay in Pune.
Hi! The internet usage charges for your number have been revised. Charges - upto 30MB@ 1p/1KB, Post 30MB @ 0.1p/1KB.

But my plan already has 1GB bundled 3G data which I dont finish since I have wifi at home and office. These rates will be applicable if I finish 1GB + 30MB. Stupid anyways.
I am switching to 2G again as 3G makes no sense to me. In pune I have wifi at most of the places I visit and if I am travelling out stations chances are next to none of getting good 3G coverage. Also when on the move my note 2 battery is also a concern which is why 3G is not the best way to go :)

Actually some company like Tikona should come up with the idea of providing wifi access in city areas like streets, etc. They already have radios everywhere in major cities. This way they can get more customers and people have an option.

Caching servers? Care to elaborate.
Most of traffic on internet nowadays is video steaming content. In India there are not many data centers where such content get hosted. So our video streaming traffic goes over sea that cost a lot to ISP . If Indian ISP started caching the video content, the data doesn't go outside the ISP network and it loads locally from their caching servers that saves a significant bandwidth cost to ISP.

I have activated and internet pack this month...

125 was high enough.. Have wifi at home and college.. Have learnt to live without it for the little time I'm not at school or college..

Yes. Currently I've taken that plan. Its a 2GB@ rs 450 plan which they're giving for 225 for two months. After two months they charge 450.

The pay as you go price reduction is useless as most users use the Internet with the monthly packs.
So these AVoId group is doing practically nothing in terms of bringing price of Internet packages down.

246 for 3gb in reliance 3G. But those assholes give 2gb first and say 1gb will be given in 48 hrs. But that 1gb never arrives. Trust me, this has happened to me and 3 of my buddies. Reliance is looting people and scamming them.

Even Tata Docomo has increased data rates in Mumbai . It's only 2 g for them here still they charge more . And in Mumbai their data service is pathetic .

This was bound to happen. Thanks to such high level of corruption in our country. This happened due to re-auction of 2G spectrum after the SC's decision. This is the reason why no changes have also happened to 3G plans.

246 for 3gb in reliance 3G. But those assholes give 2gb first and say 1gb will be given in 48 hrs. But that 1gb never arrives. Trust me, this has happened to me and 3 of my buddies. Reliance is looting people and scamming them.

Same thing with me too. I purchased reliance gsm solely because of their comparatively lesser 3g rates. First time recharge gave me 1gb as promised and then both, the Rs.123 and the Rs. 246 recharge gave me half the data of what is marketed. And their CC always has some technical issue so basically a scam. SOBs also regularly cut Rs.3-5 using those flash messages which CANNOT be disabled even from the sim menu since it never opens. STAY AWAY FROM RELIANCE!!

Apart from Hiking 2G rates, these morons(A-VO-ID) have decreased montly sms to 850/month from 1000 for 77 Bucks. Almost 9p/sms.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India this isn't a Good Sign.

Same thing with me too. I purchased reliance gsm solely because of their comparatively lesser 3g rates. First time recharge gave me 1gb as promised and then both, the Rs.123 and the Rs. 246 recharge gave me half the data of what is marketed. And their CC always has some technical issue so basically a scam. SOBs also regularly cut Rs.3-5 using those flash messages which CANNOT be disabled even from the sim menu since it never opens. STAY AWAY FROM RELIANCE!!

Exactly. I think imma just buy a new sim of reliance. Never had any problems with the new one for couple of months and then VAS charges and whatnot and I never activated them. And half the data is shit!

Back