Airtel Speed Upgraded?

Srirama said:
I'm Back to 512kbps,im going to change back to my earlier plan itself.(512kbps day,1mbps night)

No one at home is supportive to move to Reliance.
that plan is discontinued as per the CC , so hard luck buddy :p ... even i was on the same plan and now they shifted me to 1mbps through-out at the same price with a 25gb FUP

kunallkw said:
that plan is discontinued as per the CC , so hard luck buddy :p ... even i was on the same plan and now they shifted me to 1mbps through-out at the same price with a 25gb FUP

Na,Man just bashed,them I'm back onto my old plan,I need all those Gbs :p

Srirama said:
I'm Back to 512kbps,im going to change back to my earlier plan itself.(512kbps day,1mbps night)

No one at home is supportive to move to Reliance.
kunallkw said:
I feel very sad for you guys.

Because guess what I am on Reliance 1 Mbps pure unlimited plan for Rs. 1099, and I love the pure unlimited thingy.

I download and Upload day and night, and I have crossed total traffic of 150 GB already (my connection was installed on 10th) :D

Srirama said:
Na,Man just bashed,them I'm back onto my old plan,I need all those Gbs :p
i just hope they did not pacify you claiming you'll be put back to the older plan , and continue with the same one and when you call again it's someone else's headache . Widely practised CC trick ;)

Anyone experiencing slightly dropped speeds on the 1Mbps connection? I was getting 163/174KBps download speed from start, but only since yesterday evening, it's been hovering around 133/147KBps download at the max on all HTTP downloads.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Anyone experiencing slightly dropped speeds on the 1Mbps connection? I was getting 163/174KBps download speed from start, but only since yesterday evening, it's been hovering around 133/147KBps download at the max on all HTTP downloads.
My speed has also been reduced slightly... Damn AIRTEL.... :mad:

Getting similar speeds as yours even though its still slightly above 1Mbps...

Im too on a similair front,The CC say my plan has been reverted to the old turbo 1299 plan.

getting 512kbps sometimes,i switch on and off the modem,back to 1mbps.

I'm getting varying speeds,sometimes 150+,mostly above 110 mark.

No constant speed even on http.

dinjo said:
Yeah the leisure time is over now ;-)
Not really. It could be a temporary issue. Besides, it above 1Mbps, so it's not all that bad.

@HailStone & Srirma: Looks like it's a common reduction in that case. Let's wait & see if it reverts to the original speed.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Not really. It could be a temporary issue. Besides, it above 1Mbps, so it's not all that bad.

@HailStone & Srirma: Looks like it's a common reduction in that case. Let's wait & see if it reverts to the original speed.
I certainly hope so.... But with AIRTEL its always one step forward & two step backwards... :(

Still I've exhausted my backlog & not much to download... My daily max is reduced to 10.2GB from 12.7GB. A loss of ~2.5GB or ~75GB each month... Thankfully all that I need is already with me & only a few non important downloads remain.. If it sticks to 1.1Mbps then also it should be more than 300GB each month provided AIRTEL does not FUP me... :(

@hailstone,hope airtel does not FUP me,the thing is i am on the old turbo 1299 plan(512k during,1meg night),but im getting 1mbps throughout,i have confirmed many times with the CC,that FUP will not affect me.(since 100gb FUP is only for day,and night its unlimited).

So i really dont know,on what plan i am on.

@speedyfreak,there is no true unlimited 2mbps plan,i think 1699 plan is there for 2mbps with 40gb FUP

I'm not heavily affected with this minor reduction either, but I hope they revert to the old speed. Since no FUP was being applied to this plan, I was planning to take a leap of faith and go for the 4Mbps plan with 8GB FUP (or higher), just to see if it would get FUP'd or not. It's a gamble which can pay off in a huge way. My friend in Delhi says that his 4Mbps 1399 (20GB FUP) hasn't been FUP'd at all. He has easily crossed over 300GB. I'm so tempted at this point, but I don't want to mess up my existing plan, which is, suffice to say, decent enough for me.

@Srirama..You are still on Turbo 1299.. Enjoy enhanced speed with no FUP.. :)

@Ethan_Hunt... Don't be tempted.... Migration will surely put you under FUP.. If you are not affected much then leave it as it is...

@hailstone hope you are right :p

@Ethan_Hunt,

you know what,i have some freinds on the 4mbps plan that your friend is on,ill consult with them and let you know about the FUP thingie.

Unusual update (entry 1): Since the last 2 days, when I start my Internet connection, it gives me 512Kbps speeds. I reboot the router twice and it goes back to 1Mbps. Have the Airtel peeps gone bonkers? First they bring the download speeds down to 143KBps and now this.

its been two days now since i am getting 2 mbps at night.......usually its 1 mbps throughout day and night......i am on 1299 turbo plan....dont know if airtel has upgraded my speed or its just limited free usage.....

@Ethan_hunt,my day speed has been extremely erratic,sometimes 512kbps,on rebooting modem goes back to 1mbps,otherwise sometimes,it stays at 512kbps no matter what i do.

My night speed is anywhere between 1.2 to 1.8mbps,consistently though,Seroiusly do not understand what is happening at airtel.

But if something is happening,Im not too sure its going to benefit the customer,as IT IS AIRTEL,we are talking abt :(

Tdy i saw this pamphlet in Chennai, I dont know you guyz are already aware..

512kbps UL @ Rs. 899
1Mbps UL @ Rs. 1099
2Mbps UL @ Rs. 1299

No info on FUP..

Back