Airtel Speed Upgraded?

When I called them yesterday and said that I should be getting 1mbps day and 2mbps night, the person said "NO" - your Turbo 1299 plan has been revised and you will get 1mbps throughout the day. One said I will get 1mbps throughout the day for first 25GBs and after that back to 512kbps in day and 1mbps in night. Other person said, it will be 512kbps throughout the day after I cross 25GBs.

So much confusion within Airtel. Damn!

mixke said:
When I called them yesterday and said that I should be getting 1mbps day and 2mbps night, the person said "NO" - your Turbo 1299 plan has been revised and you will get 1mbps throughout the day. One said I will get 1mbps throughout the day for first 25GBs and after that back to 512kbps in day and 1mbps in night. Other person said, it will be 512kbps throughout the day after I cross 25GBs.

So much confusion within Airtel. Damn!
Call them & then simply tell them you want to get it disconnected... ;)

sahilshah1987 said:
I am on 512kbps connection, but I am getting 200 KBps+ download speed :rofl:

Well i enjoyed 250 KBPS for 5 days after which the airtel guys slashed it to 30 KBPS.

Are the speeds back to normal?I'm getting the usual 512kbps from today morning.

Mine is still going strong with 1Mbps day & night since 2 months now *touchwood* . This month alone my download crossed nearly 30GB in the first few days itself and still no FUP.

HailStonE said:
Call them & then simply tell them you want to get it disconnected... ;)
This is to wait for retention plans or actually get it disconnected. I don't really have a better option in my area. Reliance is not available, and BSNL will take ages to install.

The thing which hurts is they have changed the plan without informing me. And I just cannot get a definitive answer customer care. Every time I call, I get different answer.

@mixke

Same situation with me,it seems they moved me over to some other plan of 30gb FUP,after which i will be getting 512 during day,1meg during night.

I really cannot stand this :mad:

@everyone else.

enjoy your speed :)

Srirama said:
@mixke

Same situation with me,it seems they moved me over to some other plan of 30gb FUP,after which i will be getting 512 during day,1meg during night.

@everyone else.

did you get your problem rectified?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Srirama said:
@mixke
@everyone else.

did you get your problem rectified?

comp@ddict said:
This is the one, I'm facing this situation. I even got down to 256KB lol, but 512KB stable now.
Damn, you were also on Turbo 1299?

This is so bad. 1mbps only for first 25GBs and after that 512kbps, while paying Rs1400+ per month. Damn it!

Iam in Turbo 1299 plan... I mailed them regarding if there is any change in FUP... Today morning i got a call from airtel customer care executive. He said me that I will be getting 1 Mbps in both day and night upto 25GB. And when i cross 25GB, I vill be getting 512mbps in day and same 1mbps in night.

I also got mail from airtel which is something different... In the mail the following info waz given...

And regarding FUP it was mentioned that : "FUP limit is 100 GB per month after that speed will be reduced to 256 KBPS Day and 512 KBPS in night and the same will be retained in next billing cycle"

Something fishy is going on with airtel...

navino87 said:
He said me that I will be getting 1 Mbps in both day and night upto 25GB. And when i cross 25GB, I vill be getting 512mbps in day and same 1mbps in night.

I was told this by one customer care executive. However some other customer care executive said it's 512kbps throughout the day after 25GB, when I called them next day to confirm the plan. I knew I'll get different answer. Airtel customer care is no good anymore. They have so much confusion within themselves, that they pass it on to customers also.

Heck, one of my friends is still getting original speeds of Turbo 1299 plan i.e. 512kbps in day and 1mbps in night.

I have been using airtel 256 unlimited (850 PM) plan more than 2 yrs. Recently They doubled my speed to 512. I found that from few days my speed is to 256. I called the up, they said FUP of 10GB.

This is seriously bad. I am planning to switch to Beam cable. they are offering 2MBPS at 1k PM . Can some one suggest, is it worth upgrading?

^^^ seriously man...but only if u can live with noobish CC people.By the way,beam is good and the best part is that your pings will be unbelievably low.

I'm Back to 512kbps,im going to change back to my earlier plan itself.(512kbps day,1mbps night)

No one at home is supportive to move to Reliance.

Back