Airtel Speed Upgraded?

this supremely sucks balls iam back to my old speed and also got the dam pop up in my browser i closed it evebn before it tried to load and rebooted my modem and iam getting 2mbps for 10mins and its back to 512kbps

No i did not do that,was getting 512kbps speed,so rebooted the modem a couple of times,i got this pop up message saying,You will now be getting speeds revised according to your fair usage policy.

I will call Airtel tomorrow,and blast them for sure.

If nothing Happens,

Im moving to reliance 1399 plan.(1mbps day and 2mbps night)

dude this sucks :( i will also call them

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i think its the kind of message that the isp backend sotware sends when a user has reached the FUP :mad: it is sent to ones IP

I dont get it,1299 plan users dont have FUP during night right,only day 100gb FUP.

i'm sure i use far less than 100gb,maybe around 60-70gb at most

i called the cc at 9.00am and registered a complaint stating that iam not getting the speeds that i have been promised after 2 hours i got a call from airtel and i explained the situation to the and now iam back on 1mbps and the cc operative said that the fup has been reset :D hope it stays like that

yay! I'm back to 1mpbs day and 2mbps night.. Called CC and they were pretty helpful.. called while I was in college and then called few more times and finally explained to me that there was backend problem on the server side and it was reset.. :)

Spy king said:
yay! I'm back to 1mpbs day and 2mbps night.. Called CC and they were pretty helpful.. called while I was in college and then called few more times and finally explained to me that there was backend problem on the server side and it was reset.. :)
What did you tell them?

They haven't made it official (the couble speed with same FUP), have they?

I'm feeling so helpless. I have talked to customer care thrice, and every time they tell me different plan. The last one said my Turbo 1299 plan has been revised to offer 1mbps throughout the day till 25GB and then 512kbps. This sucks.

I just don't know what to do. Reliance is not in my area :(

Above all, my query was not resolved and the customer care guy said he will not close it. But today I got SMS stating that query has been resolved. WTF! This is just so bad on so many levels - they change plans without updating user and customer care has also become pathetic now.

@spyking and ubergeek.

What exactly did you tell them,i said i was not getting my upgraded speeds,they said the problem will be resolved by 4:30 pm tomorrow

Srirama said:
@spyking and ubergeek.

What exactly did you tell them,i said i was not getting my upgraded speeds,they said the problem will be resolved by 4:30 pm tomorrow

i called the cc and told him that i am not getting speeds as per my plans that is 512kbps day and 1mbps nite he raised a complaint after an hour i got a call from the backend asking me whats the problem i said iam not getting the speeds as i should i also told them that i should be having 100gb during day and unlimited in nite and its not fair to change fup as they wish so immeadetley the lady turned off my fup and said i will be getting 1mbps in the day and 2mbps in the night :D

ok buddy.

I talked to them about their speed upgrade,that they made too(i.e 1mbps day and 2mbps night thingy :p).

Lets hope that action is quick,as it was in your case :)

ubergeek said:
i called the cc and told him that i am not getting speeds as per my plans that is 512kbps day and 1mbps nite he raised a complaint after an hour i got a call from the backend asking me whats the problem i said iam not getting the speeds as i should i also told them that i should be having 100gb during day and unlimited in nite and its not fair to change fup as they wish so immeadetley the lady turned off my fup and said i will be getting 1mbps in the day and 2mbps in the night :D
I did the same.. called at night and explained that I was getting online 512kbps.. after a guy wasted my fifteen mins of my time with dns settings and such, he said he'd raise a complain with the backend..

They called and when I told them I should be getting 1mbps day as per the airtel hand out, she said yes, should be getting 1mbps day and 2mpbs night.. there was no issue about the FUP, so never brought it up :)

Back