Airtel takes on JioFiber with new Xstream bundle broadband plans starting at Rs 499

Panda

Disciple
The plans under Airtel Xstream Bundle comes with Airtel Xstream Fiber with speeds upto 1 Gbps, unlimited data, Airtel Xstream Android 4K TV Box and access to all OTT content.

EhNxeQ-UYAAcdw5

Wow, i just checked it last night and there was nothing less than the 799 plan.

588 bucks looks decent for 40mbps

This is for new users. Existing users still have data caps and will be updated in 1 -2 weeks.

How does calls unlimited work though? I already ported two phone numbers from bsnl to airtel and currently paying around 750 per month for that (with 4g of course) so i'm not sure how that would work. Kinda glad that jio fiber is competing hard although i'm not interested in jio at all, they do give the compeitition a run for their money. Hoping act fixes their prices in bangalore too because this is really tempting with my act plan going to expire this month
Post automatically merged:

1599458739144.png

oh lol landline

Actually now that i recall, do note that their plans do still say "upto (number) mbps". Long back in march, right before the lockdown i had inquired with airtel and was going to pay the bil however and quite thankfully their customer service called me up and informed me that I would get perhaps only upto 60 mbps in my apartment. Coming to think of it i have seen the same cases on the bangalore subreddit too. So i would still expect nothing much to change and they would still only provide upto 60 mbps. So more or less they give around 60% of the promised speeds on each plan. Just a question for anyone who is using airtel here, how much are you actually getting? I will be surprised if anyone answers they got close to what was promised.

I would really like to move on from my den connection
The issue is i had paid for a year back in March and at that time i wasn't bothered about their paltry upload speed of just 5mbps but now i can say it was a wrong decision owing to so many online sessions and all, along with that after 9pm the 2 4ghz network goes for a toss...

Although i know its a fruitless exercise, but is there a way out...

I would really like to get a jio or airtel fiber for same download and upload speed.

Thanks

Actually now that i recall, do note that their plans do still say "upto (number) mbps". Long back in march, right before the lockdown i had inquired with airtel and was going to pay the bil however and quite thankfully their customer service called me up and informed me that I would get perhaps only upto 60 mbps in my apartment. Coming to think of it i have seen the same cases on the bangalore subreddit too. So i would still expect nothing much to change and they would still only provide upto 60 mbps. So more or less they give around 60% of the promised speeds on each plan. Just a question for anyone who is using airtel here, how much are you actually getting? I will be surprised if anyone answers they got close to what was promised

Check again. Its was 40 Mbps in my area for a long time. Recently they upgraded to 100 and above.

I would really like to move on from my den connection
The issue is i had paid for a year back in March and at that time i wasn't bothered about their paltry upload speed of just 5mbps but now i can say it was a wrong decision owing to so many online sessions and all, along with that after 9pm the 2 4ghz network goes for a toss...

Although i know its a fruitless exercise, but is there a way out...

I would really like to get a jio or airtel fiber for same download and upload speed.

Thanks

I get 95 download and 75 - 80 upload on my 100 Mbps line

Check again. Its was 40 Mbps in my area for a long time. Recently they upgraded to 100 and above.

I get 95 download and 75 - 80 upload on my 100 Mbps line
On Den network????
5mbps is their default, they don't give more than this on any of their plans in Delhi.

I am so interested in getting a decent upload speed and move to airtel as they have been operating here since past 5 years though with adsl network, I hope they have upgraded it

On Den network????
5mbps is their default, they don't give more than this on any of their plans in Delhi.

I am so interested in getting a decent upload speed and move to airtel as they have been operating here since past 5 years though with adsl network, I hope they have upgraded it

Sorry Airtel.

Sorry Airtel.
Yeah, guessed so
Although den has one of the best technical and field team, they resolve issues in no time but the upload speed is a deal breaker now.
I guess I ll just call them and see what they say

The reason I am asking is that in that case they would need IPTV license apart from DTH. I am trying to reach airtel with this query but their IVR system is just impossible to get to a human. The one time I did get across to person he asked me to contact 12150 which is only for existing xtreme DTH users.

Anybody knows if the xtream box bundled with the broadband need a dish to watch live TV. Can it work off internet for Live TV?

yes. they will just upgrade the stb to the new box. you would need an active dth connection or else access to OTT will be disabled too.

Back