Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its available for 45.5K in camshot.in

Even a Canon authorized dealer [distributor] quoted me 45.7 K....

Smartshoppers are looting us..

Small non DSLR related query...

Currently I dont have laptop, and not many memory cards too..

A month later I will be attending my cousin's marriage, which actually means too many photos, plus RAW seduction..

So want to know, does any type of Hard disk exists which can read the memory cards, and could copy all the data without a need of computer...

Need only Hard disks, and not those media player existing in the market which do the same and play music, videos etc....

:mad: nikon dropped price on the D3000.....major!

so now D3000+4gb+UV filter+bag+18-55 VR lens - 23500

and 1000D+2gb+UV filter+bag+18-55 NON IS lens - 22500

focus changing from the canon to the nikon now :no:

Parv said:
^^ I think still you may like to get 1000D instead of D3000.

yep +1, i did more of reading and the 1000D comes out better than the D1000....only thing is i would have to spend more on the IS lens. Currently I'm looking out for a dealer who can sell me body only and then I can just purchase the stock IS lens separately. which is additional 2.5k

I remember many people getting the Canon 1000D off ebay. Can anyone help me by asking the dealer from where they got it if they would sell body only separately + is lens. or the cam bundled with the is lens.

pls assist. thanks in advance.

ive got a rate of rs.19500 for the 1000d body only. the other rate i have received is for 26,000rs. with IS lens, the old lens will be taken away as buy back.

please assist! thank you all in advance.

Yup in pure IQ, Canon comes on top. Better high ISO noise and arguably better support in India at least.

However Nikon does have a few + points. A better grip and most importanty a much better viewfinder. The Canon 1000D has a dull, dark and really small viewfinder. IMO a brighter viewfinder is better than slightly better IQ as whatever IQ advantages Canon has will not be noticeable in any normal print sizes.

But then again, cheap old Nikon lenses will not AF on the D3000 so there goes another advantage to Canon

thetechmind said:
yep +1, i did more of reading and the 1000D comes out better than the D1000....only thing is i would have to spend more on the IS lens. Currently I'm looking out for a dealer who can sell me body only and then I can just purchase the stock IS lens separately. which is additional 2.5k

I remember many people getting the Canon 1000D off ebay. Can anyone help me by asking the dealer from where they got it if they would sell body only separately + is lens. or the cam bundled with the is lens.

pls assist. thanks in advance.

ive got a rate of rs.19500 for the 1000d body only. the other rate i have received is for 26,000rs. with IS lens, the old lens will be taken away as buy back.

please assist! thank you all in advance.

When the ebay promotion was going on, the promotion bundle had non IS lens. the seller asked for depositing 2k extra additional in his account directly and he shipped the IS lens.

If you go for both the things separately you will not be able to get good price.

IIRC, aces170 got 1000D from JJMEHTA at mumbai with IS lense and he paid around 25k.

If you get body only 19.5k and go for lens separately 18-55 IS lens will set you back by atleast 9k atleast and the deal goes sour.

Try to exchage the non IS lens with IS lens at the dealer and pay only 2k extra, thats the norm.

BF1983 said:
Yup in pure IQ, Canon comes on top. Better high ISO noise and arguably better support in India at least.

However Nikon does have a few + points. A better grip and most importanty a much better viewfinder. The Canon 1000D has a dull, dark and really small viewfinder. IMO a brighter viewfinder is better than slightly better IQ as whatever IQ advantages Canon has will not be noticeable in any normal print sizes.

But then again, cheap old Nikon lenses will not AF on the D3000 so there goes another advantage to Canon

I tried 1000D and 500D today in CANON IMAGE EXPRESS EXPO in surat.

Yes the viewfinder is little darker but definitely better that sonly A350, the first times will not find any problems adjusting with 1000D.

The grip is definitely tiring with big hands like me, Nikon provides a great grip there.

Now I am getting confused between NIkon and Canon. :p

Will look for good deals in USA and have few people lined up to come so will grab the best deal which I can get.

btw any one knows how much F1.8 50mm prime lense costs for Nikon?

@thetechmind: I and zhopudey bought it from customer.shop when this was in deal of the week, so it had imi options also.

Seller replaced the kit lens with IS kit lens for additional 2k on request. So probably you can ask him.

PM me in case you want his contact no.

Parv said:
@thetechmind: I and zhopudey bought it from customer.shop when this was in deal of the week, so it had imi options also.

Seller replaced the kit lens with IS kit lens for additional 2k on request. So probably you can ask him.

PM me in case you want his contact no.

@parv :

yep , i missed that opportunity for sure. where is the dealer located ? it would be really nice if you could personally have a word with the seller since u have bought something off him recently , he would be more likely to talk to u , than me considering as "just another inquiry".....:no: :ashamed:, if u could ask him the queries i have and also if he can put up the thread with the emi option it would be just perfect.....i clearly remember seeing a thread last week for 23k with standard non is lens with the emi option, today i checked it wasnt there, dont remember the seller though.

do pm me the details as well......pls let me know....

@medpal / @bf1983 : appreciate your response as well, thanks for the info

thetechmind said:
@parv :
yep , i missed that opportunity for sure. where is the dealer located ? it would be really nice if you could personally have a word with the seller since u have bought something off him recently , he would be more likely to talk to u , than me considering as "just another inquiry".....:no: :ashamed:, if u could ask him the queries i have and also if he can put up the thread with the emi option it would be just perfect.....i clearly remember seeing a thread last week for 23k with standard non is lens with the emi option, today i checked it wasnt there, dont remember the seller though.

do pm me the details as well......pls let me know....
I would also be interested in the EMI option details...

medpal said:
btw any one knows how much F1.8 50mm prime lense costs for Nikon?

well, it is 5.6k approx, but again it wont auto focus on anything under the D90.
they have a AF-S 35mm prime, thats 10-11k (200$)

ajab.ghajab said:
^ This dealer is in Chennai. He also runs smartshoppers.in

No, he is not among the smartshoppers.in team.

@thetechmind: I'll talk to him this evening after office hours.

Parv said:
No, he is not among the smartshoppers.in team.

That's interesting. Satish guy right? He operates out of a residential colony in Nungambakkam. Recently for the D5000 DOW, my friend was unable to complete the purchase online on eBay, and so he went and collected it from the chap personally.

Many of TEians had got the Canon DSLR and some are hunting for 50mm f/1.8 too...

So how about if we start a GO [or IC whatever it is called] for the 50mm f/1.8

^^ What kind of IC you want for 50mm F1.8?

It's readily available on eBay for 5.2k with 2 years Canon India warranty.

Parv said:
^^ What kind of IC you want for 50mm F1.8?

It's readily available on eBay for 5.2k with 2 years Canon India warranty.

I know it buddy...

moreover it is bit cheaper in some other shops..
I wanted the IC [or GO] so that we can get it in more cheaper prices...

Few of the shops reduce the price to good extent if we order in Bulk...
So if we deal with the dealer with decent number of orders, I hope we can get the much better price for it...

^^^^^^^^^^^what coupon did u use???

If someone has a 1k ebay discount coupon which they are not using, please help me.
I need the 50mm F1.8 lens.
I can transfer the amount to their account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back