Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
@thetechmind: It's a bit difficult to get a 1000D body alone, so you may want to get 1000D+18-55mm IS kit lens.

@ ashvarybabul.. very helpful suggestion.. but then i never got a chance to hold a dslr.. dont kno anything abt its operations.. can u suggest wat to c wen we go to buy a dslr.. some operations.. how to alter shutter speed and all...

Which is the best option for a cheap DSLR camera?

All I see is the Canon 1000D and Nikon D3000...Which out of these two is a better? I sure am aware of the feature difference between the two but, wanted to know the difference in image quality...

^^well, i can tell you this, most of us wont be able to spot the difference anyways, they will be near identical.

whatever you buy, is going to be damn good.

I used my Canon S3 IS during my trip to Leh - Ladakh and noticed that the pics look kinda grainy, when viewed at 100% zoom...ISO setting was at its lowest and also Shutter Speed, Apeture settings looked fine...not sure if I screwed up some with something or what?

This makes me thing of an DSLR.

^^ D_payne has the 3n1-20. He is very impressed with the bag. I personally like Kata bags but I got a good deal on a Tamrac Areo Speed 85 so I went for that one.

BF1983 said:
^^ D_payne has the 3n1-20. He is very impressed with the bag. I personally like Kata bags but I got a good deal on a Tamrac Areo Speed 85 so I went for that one.

Thanxxx for the info...:)

Payne seems to be disappeared from this thread..
Waiting for your review Payne...!!

ok i may not be as experienced as payne

Recently bought a kata DR 467, and its a awesome bag,

Currently have Canon 500D with Kitlens and a 50mm 1.8 prime + a laptop, it can easily fit two more lenses.

regards

harish_21_10 said:
I used my Canon S3 IS during my trip to Leh - Ladakh and noticed that the pics look kinda grainy, when viewed at 100% zoom...ISO setting was at its lowest and also Shutter Speed, Apeture settings looked fine...not sure if I screwed up some with something or what?
This makes me thing of an DSLR.
Did you get one yet, I am too intrested in a entry level SLR.

Well, I have these two bags right now:

Kata 3-n-1 20

Kata DR-467

The 3-n-1 22 is a laptop extension of the 3-n-1 20 - you can carry a netbook at the most with it.

I like the 3-n-1 20. It lets me carry a 80-200 f2.8, 17-35 f2.8, 50 f1.4, and a camera body in the main section, plus filters, remotes and an additional 85 f1.4 in the top section. Or you can simply put a water bottle there.

It'll do great for someone who plans to go on short photographic trips and is very very light on the back. The small size was a big factor for me to purchase it.

Hope this helps.

techno_funky said:
Did you get one yet, I am too intrested in a entry level SLR.
Not yet...been saving for a Macbook Pro, which I will be getting next month..cant afford to get a DSLR for now. Will try and get one in another 2-4months..wish I had enough cash for now to even get the DSLR, will miss the same during my visit to Rajasthan next month:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back