Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a 450D body alone for 30k with canon india warranty. How's the deal?

How much for the 18-55 IS lens in grey?

I think 450D with kit lens in grey is around 30k.

I don't know if its a good deal or not but the 18-55mm IS lens in grey is about 6k or so.

I suggest you wait for a month or so. With the release of the 550D, prices of the 500D will come down a lot.

Will the 450d also get cheaper? :) I'm thinking on one of the following options -

1) 450d w/kit thru grey.
2) 1000d w/IS lens w/B&W
3) Some older cam thru one of the photography forums, like 350d or 400d. (BTW, are the jjm forums down?)
What would be the pros/cons for each option? I will be buying in a couple of months. I'll start with the 18-55mm and get the 50mm 1.8 for indoor portraits.

I am planning to buy telephoto lens for my 500D. Please suggest some good lenes for me. Budget is max 15K. also require flower hood for lenses. Please suggest.

zhopudey said:
Will the 450d also get cheaper? :) I'm thinking on one of the following options -

1) 450d w/kit thru grey.
2) 1000d w/IS lens w/B&W
3) Some older cam thru one of the photography forums, like 350d or 400d. (BTW, are the jjm forums down?)
What would be the pros/cons for each option? I will be buying in a couple of months. I'll start with the 18-55mm and get the 50mm 1.8 for indoor portraits.

Of course it will get cheaper if you wait ! That is true with ANY electronic product.

However chances are it will disappear from the market altogether once stocks vanish.

@maddy -

^^ Get the Canon 55-250mm IS lens. Cheap and best. Will cost you 11.5k new from smartshoppers.in

BF1983 said:
Of course it will get cheaper if you wait ! That is true with ANY electronic product.
However chances are it will disappear from the market altogether once stocks vanish.
Well, what are your opinions on my 3 options?

Suggest a Entry level DSLR

Hi, I am looking to purchase an entry level DSlr in a couple of months max. My requirements is based on the following parameters

Travel/Outdoor (light and sturdy)

Spontaneous (quick and good fps)

Landscapes

Macro

Night/Low Light

Based on this I have shortlisted the Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi). I also think the 550D would be great, but am not sure if it's available. Could you please suggest which would be a good camera for me. A colleague suggested I go for the 1000D and spend the rest on lenses as later I may choose to upgrade the body. I feel it is too old a model to invest in. Sorry but I am a noob here and am not aware of any good photography forums. Please suggest either a camera or a forum I could find help on.

Thanks

Re: Suggest a Entry level DSLR

1000d is a newer model than 450D.
They performs exactly same except few tidbits.

You will need lenses and not body for such wide range of work.
Get a 450d/500d.If you can spend get a 500D + atleast 2 lenses.

What is your budget?

I could start with 50K. That's not an issue as I want to invest in a good one. So should I go with the 1000D and get a couple of lenses? or the 450D? What about the 550D is it available here?

If you are interested in higher fps, you should be looking at bodies like Canon 40D.

Else get a 1000D and invest in good glass and upgrade to 40D or other XXD you can afford at that time.Go for 500d if video is so important.

You should look at the 18-55 Is kit lens( better wide angle lens could cost a whole lot more!, like 10-22mm or even 16-85,17-55f2.8) and a 50mm f1.8 prime. For macros you can get a 90mm tamron or a Raynox kit for that matter.

Also check out the Nikon D90, its an awesome piece of kit.

I would suggest getting Nikon D90 with 18-105mm kit, its a very good kit lens. It comprises better viewfinder(pentaprism), better low iso performance, better grip and body, high fps etc.

Darky said:
I would suggest getting Nikon D90 with 18-105mm kit, its a very good kit lens. It comprises better viewfinder(pentaprism), better low iso performance, better grip and body, high fps etc.

+1
was in a same kinda situation some time back
i bought D90 and am quite happy with my decision !

I ll say get a 450D/500d body only from grey and get lenses with rest of the money.

No point splandering money on a D90 when you are just starting.

blufox said:
I ll say get a 450D/500d body only from grey and get lenses with rest of the money.
No point splandering money on a D90 when you are just starting.

Wont the warranty matter? Also will it be a good idea to go for a 2nd hand one compared to a grey one?

You can get the 450D (only body) with bill.

And talk to the shop-owner to replace the kit-lens with better lens.

I also remember seeing a 450D with 80-200 lens in Spencer's (south city mall, kolkata). I think it was priced just over 50k.

You can go for a 2nd hand provided it comes with an existing bill. :)

[of course you have the check the number of clicks also] ;)

^^ Of course it will be awesome ! It has an awesome price to boot !!! :)

It costs around 55k with the 18-105mm kit lens so its more expensive than say the 450D which costs about 32k with the 18-55mm kit lens.

@Kidrock - Spend on glass, not on your camera body. My 2 cents.

Get a Tamron 17-50mm lens instead of the kit lens and get a Canon 55-250mm IS lens to go with the 1000D. So 1000D (25k) + Tamron 17-50mm (17k) + Canon 55-250mm (11k) - Sell 18-55mm kit lens (5k) and the total comes to 48k. If you can, add a Canon 50mm f1.8 to the mix and you have got a practically complete system. The Canon 55-250mm IS lens doubles up as a pseudo macro lens as well.

so, i might be planning a trip to ladhak in the near future. my current kit includes a d90 body with a 18-105mm lens. i really want to get an ultrawide before i go and the 2 lenses that i have shortlisted are:

tokina 11-16 f2.8 constant for dx formats

nikon 10-24 f3.5-4.5 for dx formats

any suggestions? the tokina is faster and sharper from what i have read online.

need dslr within 30k

budget 30k
i did some diggin over net and got the followin info..
brand:nikon
best buy d40 which is now unavailable..
d5000 and d3000 arnt value for money
brand:canon
best buy 350d [considering budget],again unavailable..
450 is way too costly..
brand:sony
dont kno a lot abt it.. but ppl suggested a200 over a230
dont kno abt other models..

can sombody suggest me a good dslr.. brand not imp.. as long as it is good..
not considering the "long run" factor.. after few yrs ill buy a whole new camera..

but rright now i am thinkin of buyin a200.. which is again unavailable.. buy few sites r providing it..
plz suggest....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back