ALLIANCE KOLKATA 6mbps SPEED TEST

the one I use is sufficient i believe...
Mine is at one corner and it picks up decent signal even at the other extreme corner...5dbi antenna is what you will get within your budget

can't say since their website hasn't mentioned any such specifications.
but being more expensive,it should have a range matching my router!!

oh,but still, you could try your luck you know...maybe when they are in a good mood!:)[DOUBLEPOST=1369709182][/DOUBLEPOST]I use this one,works great for me...range is pretty good too for my home!
and it is very cheap

http://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-wr740n-150mbps-wireless-n-router/p/itmd7hn92fytnj3h

hi, I am presently using bsnl broadband may be for last 5 yrs, but recently there are lots of downtime. Alliance has started service in my area, so I was thinking to get a new connection from them. They are asking a sum of 1200 + 300 = Rs. 1500/- for a new connection. I have few questions regarding alliance connection, please answer:

1) I have a router TP-LINK TL-MR3220, whether this will work with alliance or not?
2) I have heard from somewhere that you can not use internet from more than one computer at a time, is it right? There are times when both myself and my wife uses desktop and laptop simultaneously - is it possible?
3) How are the recent downtimes? I had sify before using bsnl and it was painful

1)Your router will work with alliance
2)The internet is registered with your PC's/router's MAC address,so you can't plug the cable into another PC cause then the internet won't work.
But with a router things are very easy,you can have the router copy your PC's MAC address or alternatively get your router's MAC address registered into their system...Anyway you choose you could run as many devices as you like,so don't worry.
3)My connection is pretty great,much better than that sucky BSNL!
used to have downtime of a few minutes every couple of days(a few mins did not bother me,esp coming from BSNL whose connection seemed to go out for weeks),but now it seems to work great...but eventually it depends on your local cable guy,cause he is responsible for your internet!

1)Your router will work with alliance
2)The internet is registered with your PC's/router's MAC address,so you can't plug the cable into another PC cause then the internet won't work.
But with a router things are very easy,you can have the router copy your PC's MAC address or alternatively get your router's MAC address registered into their system...Anyway you choose you could run as many devices as you like,so don't worry.
3)My connection is pretty great,much better than that sucky BSNL!
used to have downtime of a few minutes every couple of days(a few mins did not bother me,esp coming from BSNL whose connection seemed to go out for weeks),but now it seems to work great...but eventually it depends on your local cable guy,cause he is responsible for your internet!

Thanks a lot for an early and detailed reply!

Anyone here from Tollygunge? Can anyone please give me some reviews about Allianace at Tollygunge?

I'm done with BSNL, will be moving to Alliance / Airtel / Reliance.

I just got Alliance Broadband 750kbps ul plan with peering at 25mbps today and it is fast!!!
Downloading 20gb in 2 hours!!! :)

Back