Amazon India - Feedback Thread

It almost feels like the monetary loss isn't the primary issue — it's the breach of trust, a broken agreement.
If they asked you for unboxing proof, ask them for boxing proof.

The sad reality is that for every corp seeking never ending "growth", there comes a time when the only way to increase profits is to screw over their customer base.

Amazon was already exploiting warehouse workers, logistics personnel, and sellers. Now the only way to please share holders is to screw customers. Afterall, a shepherd selling sheep wool can only increase his profit by selling them for slaughter. Scamming is more profitable than any legit business. Basically, enshittification.

Last edited:
Sounds terrible, Did you complain on Twitter?
No use especially for amazon. All it does in most cases is get a longer "investigation" whose result will still not be in buyer's favour.

The sad reality is that for every corp seeking never ending "growth", there comes a time when the only way to increase profits is to screw over their customer base.

Amazon was already exploiting warehouse workers, logistics personnel, and sellers. Now the only way to please share holders is to screw customers. Afterall, a shepherd selling sheep wool can only increase his profit by selling them for slaughter. Scamming is more profitable than any legit business. Basically, enshittification.
Every coin has two sides. Amazon is no saint but neither are many buyers. At one time ppl were operating 500+ amazon accs (yes that's five hundred) to collect 50 cb coupon in each acc on mobile/dth recharges etc using virtual US numbers for receiving otp via free online services forcing amazon to make the rule that any amazon India acc must have a linked Indian mobile number to be eligible for any offer/cb. Then there were "old pros" (the ones who invented the soap instead of phone inside the box much before fraud sellers) who basically bankrupted ebay in India & tried to do the same with amazon/fk & in a way succeeded too as evident in such anti-consumer policies nowadays on amazon/fk. I don't know how many know here buy paytm once caught few of its own employees who caused it a loss of at least few crores by stealing promo codes from unsuspecting user accs to place order for products at large discount & then resell them.

No use especially for amazon. All it does in most cases is get a longer "investigation" whose result will still not be in buyer's favour.

Every coin has two sides. Amazon is no saint but neither are many buyers. At one time ppl were operating 500+ amazon accs (yes that's five hundred) to collect 50 cb coupon in each acc on mobile/dth recharges etc using virtual US numbers for receiving otp via free online services forcing amazon to make the rule that any amazon India acc must have a linked Indian mobile number to be eligible for any offer/cb. Then there were "old pros" (the ones who invented the soap instead of phone inside the box much before fraud sellers) who basically bankrupted ebay in India & tried to do the same with amazon/fk & in a way succeeded too as evident in such anti-consumer policies nowadays on amazon/fk. I don't know how many know here buy paytm once caught few of its own employees who caused it a loss of at least few crores by stealing promo codes from unsuspecting user accs to place order for products at large discount & then resell them.
It's true, i have heard word of mouth but I don't want to advocate for a big company like Amazon. It's their problem and they aren't solving it, rather they are screwing the genuine buyers in the end. I legit can't place any order on Amazon without doing a risk assessment session. Dare I say, making purchase here looks safer than Amazon.

Amazon needs to find solutions rather than loosing trust. As i have said before, open box is good start. Improving packaging like strict tear free packaging even if it means changing the buyer for it should also be looked upon.. Other than this, there should be more options but the scale of operation is the challenge.

Oh I'm also having issues cancelling GPay auto renewal cancellation, GPay is giving me error when I try to cancel auto renewal of a Jio Cinema subscription I did for someone as one time thing.. the complaint is open since 3 months on both GPay and consumer forum, but I'm still being charged and I can't cancel.. anyone knows what to do? Or similar experience?

GPay is giving me error when I try to cancel auto renewal of a Jio Cinema subscription I did for someone as one time thing..
Is it upi based or card based? If card based then need to use that bank's internet banking/website option to look for mandate management option & then cancel from there. If upi based then need to involve NPCI somehow.

Oh I'm also having issues cancelling GPay auto renewal cancellation, GPay is giving me error when I try to cancel auto renewal of a Jio Cinema subscription I did for someone as one time thing.. the complaint is open since 3 months on both GPay and consumer forum, but I'm still being charged and I can't cancel.. anyone knows what to do? Or similar experience?
Three options come to mind.
1. Ask your bank to cancel it. They usually have the power to do so.
2. If it's UPI AutoPay, just uninstall GPay or unlink your bank account. That should remove every subscription as well. Or, at least, it did back when AutoPay was new. I just avoid using AP exactly because of issues like those haha
3. Post a grievance on NPCI Portal

Sadly, more and more companies are now charging extra or not providing one-time recharge options. For example, Spotify charges extra for non-subscription/one-time buyers, and 1 year option is no longer an option at all for Students :p

They always have the power to do so, the issue is how to reach the proper authority/backend for this as typical customer care doesn't always know about it or knows but can't do anything about it without involving backend which may or may not happen.

Is it upi based or card based? If card based then need to use that bank's internet banking/website option to look for mandate management option & then cancel from there. If upi based then need to involve NPCI somehow.
UPI, thanks for the lead, I will try requesting npci
Three options come to mind.
2. If it's UPI AutoPay, just uninstall GPay or unlink your bank account. That should remove every subscription as well. Or, at least, it did back when AutoPay was new. I just avoid using AP exactly because of issues like those haha
3. Post a grievance on NPCI Portal

Sadly, more and more companies are now charging extra or not providing one-time recharge options. For example, Spotify charges extra for non-subscription/one-time buyers, and 1 year option is no longer an option at all for Students :p
I just tested the waters with bank, they hinted I need to sort this with GPay, i also tried to contact jio cinema.
Uninstalling didn't work, I will try unlinking but I have a few connections that i should be keeping, I will try.
Yeah the support people are just trying to stall everything or to just move it to the next party to solve, same issue in most services these days.. APC UPS cc was exception, they actually helped.

Last edited:
The products were delivered and handed over to the customer. Neither the bank nor NPCI has the authority to issue a refund in India. Only Amazon have that power. Show them that it is not working, hoping someone will hear the voice.

An eye for an eye...

Also there's really no need to defend a trillion dollar company. They can afford to pay people to do it.
I am not defending anyone, just explaining why no company with a policy of customer is always right & no questions asked returns can survive here. Also, two wrongs don't make a right, because @rsaeon was scammed that shouldn't mean that as per "eye for an eye" now he try to scam amazon by ordering a 10 times more expensive product & then return it by swapping some crucial part inside.

this happens everywhere and is particularly egregious in US and Costco's return policy, orgs like Amazon/Costco do take this into account before calculating their bottom line, I dont think its wrong what policies Amazon/Flipkart are bringing but shitty behavior is shitty behavior

try to scam amazon by ordering a 10 times more expensive product & then return it by swapping some crucial part inside.

I'm actually horrified by such morally bankrupt people — it's difficult the believe we breathe the same air as them. Like when you read about the way societies were in history books, it's difficult to accept even though the reports are undeniable.

Life's been really good with Amazon, sometimes I feel like it's been a little too good. But they're desperate to move old stock from time to time and making space for new stock is somehow more profitable for them.

For example, there's an extremely high quality 3D printer enclosure that's been marked down from 16k to 6k on Amazon right now, for the original Snapmaker. It can easily be repuposed to house a small-ish custom/modern 3D printer to allow for ABS printing.

These kind of discounts are unheard of in the real world.

Got my first unfavorable resolution today, it's a bit shocking.

Ordered a pack of two wifi modules, received only one, and it's used/dead. Raised a complaint immediately because there's a 7 days replacement policy.

Two weeks later, today: the investigation is concluded, our records show that two items were delivered, thank you for shopping with Amazon donating to Amazon.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, this order was a few hundred rupees and I'm pretty sure I saved tens of thousands of rupees over the years but it's still shocking to be told that there's nothing that can be done.

Logically/financially, it's a blip so why is this injustice so difficult to accept? I'm fascinated by the emotions running around inside my head because of this.

Is it because of the anticipation of receiving something I purchased and then being disappointed and then being told there's no recourse? That investment of expectation without any reward feels like a much larger void than what you'd associate with a few hundred rupees.

It almost feels like the monetary loss isn't the primary issue — it's the breach of trust, a broken agreement.

I thought I knew myself pretty well but these feelings are all new to me. Like wow. Never thought I'd be looking for a therapist/psychologist over a couple of ESP8266 modules.

What a way to start your midlife crisis.

It isn't the money or an agreement. It is the sheer intent to cause harm, if for their benefit rather than your loss. What you feel might be rage. Or worse, hate.

As an aside, things like this will develop and at some point is why the human race should, and will, eventually go extinct.

Got my first unfavorable resolution today, it's a bit shocking.

Ordered a pack of two wifi modules, received only one, and it's used/dead. Raised a complaint immediately because there's a 7 days replacement policy.

Two weeks later, today: the investigation is concluded, our records show that two items were delivered, thank you for shopping with Amazon donating to Amazon.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, this order was a few hundred rupees and I'm pretty sure I saved tens of thousands of rupees over the years but it's still shocking to be told that there's nothing that can be done.

Logically/financially, it's a blip so why is this injustice so difficult to accept? I'm fascinated by the emotions running around inside my head because of this.

Is it because of the anticipation of receiving something I purchased and then being disappointed and then being told there's no recourse? That investment of expectation without any reward feels like a much larger void than what you'd associate with a few hundred rupees.

I thought I knew myself pretty well but these feelings are all new to me. Like wow. Never thought I'd be looking for a therapist/psychologist over a couple of ESP8266 modules.

What a way to start your midlife crisis.

Complain via INGRAM/PGPORTAL.

Added a review:

Screenshot_2024-09-22-07-35-11-099_com.microsoft.emmx-edit.jpg

And realized that I missed two other reviews with the same complaint.

were they at the top? or were they hidden? in my experience amazon hides negative reviews, so you gotta scroll a lot to see them
Always look at Recent Reviews. Initial reviews for new products are almost always fake, paid ones. Once a product is well established, they may swap it for a lower quality one.

Also keep in mind, Az might remove reviews altogether to maintain ratings.

Always look at Recent Reviews. Initial reviews for new products are almost always fake, paid ones. Once a product is well established, they may swap it for a lower quality one.

Also keep in mind, Az might remove reviews altogether to maintain ratings.
I never buy any new products with less ratings unless its Amazon fulfilled/prime, the only exceptions are phone cases/tempered glass. both Amazon/Flipkart allow way too many sketchy sellers and with the current trends in return policies its just not worth it buying there,

Unboxing videos don't mean a thing nowadays to flipkart/amazon. That is why I find flipkart open box delivery so much better for expensive products. Not to mention scams like this but also for physical damage many ppl forget that product warranty does not cover physical damage so if you open that package from amazon with a costly laptop/monitor/tab only to find it genuine but physically damaged then only option is to hope amazon will consider your case for replacement else money down the drain.
time to move with local shops/retailers. I found, for RAM, they ae giving better price than online sellers.

Back