Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Ordered 2 washing machines from Amazon on the 2nd to separate addresses in Kolkata. Seller was Dawntech in both orders. Amazon delivery team came within the scheduled time frame in both cases, unloaded the machines and then used platform trolleys to reach the machine to my house and in the other case to my apartment (they hand carried the machine when needed). Both machines came in mint condition without any damage or dents thankfully. The delivery guys let me check the machine exteriors and interiors for any damages and only then asked for the OTP. They didn't rush me so that was good. I'm in Kolkata and the shipment was sent from Amazon's warehouse in Amta (Howrah).

Wow. I've experienced the opposite in Noida. Amazon delivery has gone to the gutters for me.

So I recently purchased a Tablet and it came packed in Amazon's cardboard packaging and on the package seal it had this sticker:

IMG_20240810_215520.jpg

Now my question is: If the seal is tampered with then do those circled areas turn pink or something?

So I recently purchased a Tablet and it came packed in Amazon's cardboard packaging and on the package seal it had this sticker:

View attachment 207461

Now my question is: If the seal is tampered with then do those circled areas turn pink or something?
Yes, Amazon started using it on the bag sealing strips several years ago.

I would assume it simply changes based on a chemical reaction if the adhesion changes.

The catch is Amazon can use this to reject some returns if they want to based on the delivery person's image showing the colourless patch.

My guess: the circles turn pink if heated. Most adhesives can be peeled without damage when heated. It's the only way to remove a GoPro mount from helmet, the 3M tape can easily handle 250+ kmph winds. People have stuck it on aircrafts too. Easy way to tell if your tablet has been replaced with rotis.

After unboxing, try heating it and share what happens.

Order a MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max Motherboard, Got a MSI B450M-A Pro Max II motherboard instead. Fortunately the motherboard is sealed pack. Customer care says they will launch an internal investigation and get back to me in 3 days. I cancelled other products like processor power supply and RAM too. I don't want to deal with this non return bullshit for High value items

View attachment 207461

No mention of red dot on their website. Instead they mention a line??

Same function
The catch is Amazon can use this to reject some returns if they want to based on the delivery person's image showing the colourless patch.
A returnable item does not have to be unopened.

Last edited:
No mention of red dot on their website. Instead they mention a line??

Same function

A returnable item does not have to be unopened.
I didn't phrase that correctly. In US, they use it to not refund either the seller or the buyer when this kind of packaging is used and found to be tampered.

Order a MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max Motherboard, Got a MSI B450M-A Pro Max II motherboard instead. Fortunately the motherboard is sealed pack. Customer care says they will launch an internal investigation and get back to me in 3 days. I cancelled other products like processor power supply and RAM too. I don't want to deal with this non return bullshit for High value items
Why order such items from amazon when there are other vendors/websites who also sell for cheaper. I would only order such items like RAM/processor from amazon if there are no other options as someone can do a swap scam and amazon sellers are half stupid in noticing the difference (as compared to vendors with dedicated site, they double check).

Why order such items from amazon when there are other vendors/websites who also sell for cheaper. I would only order such items like RAM/processor from amazon if there are no other options as someone can do a swap scam and amazon sellers are half stupid in noticing the difference (as compared to vendors with dedicated site, they double check).
Price after cashback was comparable to primeabgb. Plus Amazon delivery was faster

Got my first unfavorable resolution today, it's a bit shocking.

Ordered a pack of two wifi modules, received only one, and it's used/dead. Raised a complaint immediately because there's a 7 days replacement policy.

Two weeks later, today: the investigation is concluded, our records show that two items were delivered, thank you for shopping with Amazon donating to Amazon.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, this order was a few hundred rupees and I'm pretty sure I saved tens of thousands of rupees over the years but it's still shocking to be told that there's nothing that can be done.

Logically/financially, it's a blip so why is this injustice so difficult to accept? I'm fascinated by the emotions running around inside my head because of this.

Is it because of the anticipation of receiving something I purchased and then being disappointed and then being told there's no recourse? That investment of expectation without any reward feels like a much larger void than what you'd associate with a few hundred rupees.

It almost feels like the monetary loss isn't the primary issue — it's the breach of trust, a broken agreement.

I thought I knew myself pretty well but these feelings are all new to me. Like wow. Never thought I'd be looking for a therapist/psychologist over a couple of ESP8266 modules.

What a way to start your midlife crisis.

Ordered a pack of two wifi modules, received only one, and it's used/dead. Raised a complaint immediately because there's a 7 days replacement policy.

Two weeks later, today: the investigation is concluded, our records show that two items were delivered, thank you for shopping with Amazon donating to Amazon.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, this order was a few hundred rupees and I'm pretty sure I saved tens of thousands of rupees over the years but it's still shocking to be told that there's nothing that can be done.

Logically/financially, it's a blip so why is this injustice so difficult to accept? I'm fascinated by the emotions running around inside my head because of this.

Is it because of the anticipation of receiving something I purchased and then being disappointed and then being told there's no recourse? That investment of expectation without any reward feels like a much larger void than what you'd associate with a few hundred rupees.

It almost feels like the monetary loss isn't the primary issue — it's the breach of trust, a broken agreement.

I thought I knew myself pretty well but these feelings are all new to me. Like wow. Never thought I'd be looking for a therapist/psychologist over a couple of ESP8266 modules.

who was the seller?

Unboxing video?

No video, just photos. I did receive replacements/refunds based on photos in the past but it looks like a video would be absolutely necessary now. Before this, I would record videos only for larger purchases.

Unboxing video?
Unboxing videos don't mean a thing nowadays to flipkart/amazon. That is why I find flipkart open box delivery so much better for expensive products. Not to mention scams like this but also for physical damage many ppl forget that product warranty does not cover physical damage so if you open that package from amazon with a costly laptop/monitor/tab only to find it genuine but physically damaged then only option is to hope amazon will consider your case for replacement else money down the drain.

Sounds terrible, Did you complain on Twitter?

Back