Amazon India lightning deals

Similar thing happened with a clothing item order of mine although with the replacement. I ordered and it was delivered within 2 days IIRC.
The size was not an ideal fit so I requested an exchange. Strangely for the very first time ever in my years of experience with amazon exchange the system wanted us to return the item first and only when the item was received by the seller the replacement item would be shipped.

At this point you may think this might be a third party seller and not amazon fulfilled. Hold that thought, it was Cocoblu Retail and was amazon fulfilled with Prime delivery options which was one of the reasons I bought it in the first place. So next day item was picked up and the replacement order showed "Not yet dispatched". Strangely there was absolutely no expected shipping/delivery date at all.
I waited for a few days around 4-5 days later item reached seller and return was complete. A couple days went by with no status change on the replacement item and 1-2 days more later status changed to "Preparing for dispatch" although again with no estimated dates.

Nothing else happened 2 weeks went by still status same. I keep enquiring with customer support and get false assurance of shipping and delivery dates. I waited patiently another week. So now 3 weeks went by after the item was reached the seller, no shipping. I was very frustrated and this time around the Customer support suggested to take refund which I had to as there was no choice at that point.

This was the only case where amazon didn't manage to fulfill an order for me.

Oh man I also had a similar experience with Cocoblu Retail on Amazon. Bought Skechers shoes from them and they shipped it in a damaged and tattered box. Thankfully the shoes were new and not used! I have ordered a winter jacket from them and it's due for arrival on the 27th but they haven't shipped it yet so I don't know if I'll even get it at all. Thankfully it's a COD order.

iQOO 9 5G 8/128 SD 888+ available for 39,990/- + 5k instant discount using ICICI card + 8K additional cashback on exchange.

Seems like a good deal...
They have increased price by 4k. 12gb/256gb was listed for 39990 and both offers (6k on ICICI and 8k exchange) working provided total exchange value including bonus was 12k.

Now they have increased the price.

Just curious, what are you guys using these micro sd cards for? Offline media consumption, video, photos, music on smartphone?
Steam deck, raspberry pi and dash cam
I have plugged a tiny 2GB micro sd card in my raspberry pi and it's full and it's crashing all the time. :D
I had a hard time running on a 8gb card. How is it even running with 2gb?

How is he lucky when the device is not working? :p

I ordered 1 now. COD option lets see if it comes or if it works.
This was delivered today. A quick test with Crystal Disk Mark.
Its Ok for 250 rupees. Seems a bit faster than the advertised 85MB/s for read.
ST MSD 32GB.jpg

Headless raspberry lite os 32 bit. It's full and crashing so not recommended.
I just tried a couple days back on Rpi 0W, DietPi 8.10.2 (armv6l) + Pihole and unbound, that's it. On a 4GB card only 877MB was free. So kinda doable not sure how long it will survive with package updates over time.
Anyways I just did it for lulz to check how a secondary pihole on the network performs.

I bought the Strontium 32GB micro sd card for Rs 249.
It did get delivered the next day.
But the card was unreadable/not detected in 2 different computers and via adaptors.
Have requested a replacement, lets see how it goes.

Update as on 30/10/22
Replacement was requested on 22/10/22, they day it was delivered.
Hasn't shipped yet.

Contacted amazon CS regarding shipping status for replacement order, they made some excuse saying it hasn't reached amazon warehouse so return still incomplete, but the original order return status says item received by seller and return is successful. Not sure what warehouse they are talking about.

I don't expect the seller to ship the micro sd now, price has increased.
I think they were hoping to offload cheap(and probably fake) cards and hope majority customers don't notice and make some quick money. (just my guess)

Still have a cancel option on the replacement order.
Will wait for maybe another week, then cancel.

Update as on 30/10/22
Replacement was requested on 22/10/22, they day it was delivered.
Hasn't shipped yet.
Same as in my case with clothing item. They said first your item will reach seller only then replacement will ship.
It reached within 2-3 days of pickup and they never shipped replacement for weeks after that. Finally the order was cancelled and refunded.

I've shared more details here earlier.

Back