AMD 6000 series graphics cards

jai1611

Patron
Videocardz seems to have gathered all the specs

The card they showed at the cpu launch event was supposedly the 6800xt. Will be interesting to see where performance and pricing actually lands.

the 6900xt will apparently be available through AMD only

Well I was going to start a thread on the same but any ways here we are !
yes RX 6900XT is AMD only cards with air and water cooler variants as per the leaks.

I hope its not more than 800USD for the air one, really interested in that if its more than 10% faster then RX 6800XT else 3rd party RX 6800XT is the way to go and I think we already have some leaks on ASUS Strix RX 6800XT version.

link :

I remember having a X1900GT back in 2006. That point of time they also had 1900XT and 1900XTX.
I hope those days come back with the 6900XTX

Still have an x1900xtx chugging along in a retro pc.
I gave my X1900GT away to someone. It was sapphire stock one.

1603708642718.png

Exactly how it looked. I remember that X1900 XTX used to be a beast of a card.

LETS GOOOOO!!

RX 6800 ~ USD579
RX 6800 XT ~ USD649
RX 6900 XT ~ USD999

RX 6800 Vs GTX 2080 Ti @1440p

AMD RX6800 Vs GTX 2080 Ti @2k.png

RX 6800XT Vs RTX 3080 @1440p.

AMD RX6800XT Vs RTX 3080 @2k.png

OMG AMD RX 6900 XT for USD999 only omg

amd rx 6900 xt Screenshot.png

RX 6900XT Vs RTX 3090 @4k.

AMD RX6900XT at 4k USD999.png

Last edited:
Crossposting from the other thread
6800 XT is a solid product at 649. However I feel the 6900 XT slide is suspect. Why are there no numbers on any of the nvidia cards?

Theoretically, the 6900 XT 80CU vs 72CU for the 6800 XT so it is at max 10% or so better. Linear scaling with same clocks is almost impossible with such wide GPUs.

Especially when the 3090 is an additional 25% extra resources compared to the 3080 and it yields around 10-15% better.

Also why are there no RT benchmarks. Are they so far back on it that they don't wish to show the same?

I'd wait for the reviews to hit before putting any money down - especially for the 6900 XT. The 6800/6800 XT are nice cards though but the price difference between the 6800 XT and the 6800 is too small for 6800 to be relevant.

If the power draw can be increased by Custom PCB, there might be more performance. I think by November end we'll see all the details but for RX 6900 XT its going to be December 8. Damn long wait again but I am glad that i waited. Probably will upgrade post March 2021.
Finally time to retire 2600K.

If the power draw can be increased by Custom PCB, there might be more performance. I think by November end we'll see all the details but for RX 6900 XT its going to be December 8. Damn long wait again but I am glad that i waited. Probably will upgrade post March 2021.
There's always a current limit before the silicon gives in. I'm sure they already have it maxed out - why would they leave performance on the table.

Damn im impressed with AMD overall this year. Head-on with Intel/NVidia and beat both in Gaming & CPU performance. Nvidia still has DLSS and better RT compatibility (my guess) over AMD though.

Pricing for 5800X and 6800 make it less attractive, proabably they want us to buy 5900X & 6800XT lol.

I am personally planning to go for RT 6800Xt or RX6900XT depending on the Indian pricing. also planning to upgrade to Ryzen 5900X from 3900x but then this one is silicon lottery chip so confused if I should upgrade or not :banghead:

dibs on the motherboard thx lol.

@princeoo7 you might want to wait till Jan or Feb 2021 lol. The market is a freaking mess right now.

Last edited:
I wish RX6900XT was $799, I would have picked up it eye closed. have hopes but the return on re sale will be way to low for those :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I hope I can pick up a card in November 2020 itself from either AMD or 3rd party company like sapphire ;)

The only clean numbers seem to be 6800xt. Seems same ballpark as the 3080. The other numbers not comparable. The 6900xt ones include rage mode (some for of auto OC) and smart shift (Direct storage, works with specific games). The 6800 ones use smart shift. Makes it tough to figure out how the three cards actually compare.
fingers crossed on the India pricing /availability!

The only clean numbers seem to be 6800xt. Seems same ballpark as the 3080. The other numbers not comparable. The 6900xt ones include rage mode (some for of auto OC) and smart shift (Direct storage, works with specific games). The 6800 ones use smart shift. Makes it tough to figure out how the three cards actually compare.
fingers crossed on the India pricing /availability!
Exactly why I think the 6900 XT numbers are highly suspect.

Exactly why I think the 6900 XT numbers are highly suspect.

In any case it seems that it will still be be very close to RTX 3090 even if it performs a little worse & at 66% of 3090s price it sure is going to be a value champion among the two.

smart shift (Direct storage, works with specific games).

I don't think that it is direct storage, that API is yet to be made public by Microsoft. It seems to something entirely different where the CPU can directly access the GPU memory space. Not sure about the last bit though as there doesn't seem to be any official detailed information about this.

One thing that could hurt AMD significantly is DLSS. They don't seem to have an answer for that & didn't divulge into much information on this.

In any case it seems that it will still be be very close to RTX 3090 even if it performs a little worse & at 66% of 3090s price it sure is going to be a value champion among the two.

I don't think that it is direct storage, that API is yet to be made public by Microsoft. It seems to something entirely different where the CPU can directly access the GPU memory space. Not sure about the last bit though as there doesn't seem to be any official detailed information about this.

One thing that could hurt AMD significantly is DLSS. They don't seem to have an answer for that & didn't divulge into much information on this.
yes agree on the DLSS point. they just stated that something will come but when is the real question which they dough. also software offering from nvidia is something many people will consider as well !

Back