CPU/Mobo AMD Bulldozer Discussion Thread

A lil birdy had told me the chips have been delayed to October 1st week :(

I think I will buy SB next weekend, cant wait anymore...

what is happening AMD?
Date has been further pushed back to 26th Sept..
I've got this from wiki page of bulldozer..
Its less then month remaining in launch and still no benchmark!
This seriously makes me think like it is failed to post their mark..
I hope i am wrong..

sumonpathak said:
^^o or it could be standard business strategy...keeping the cards in hand

I really doubt that. They know they are pushing all the waiting customers off to Intel. I think they are realizing that they can't charge the price they had earlier planned because the performance of these chips is sub-par.

The thing is that Bulldozer has been delayed so much, it doesn't make much of a difference even if they do manage to beat Sandy bridge in terms of performance. Intel will be ready with their new chip very soon.

baccilus said:
I really doubt that. They know they are pushing all the waiting customers off to Intel. I think they are realizing that they can't charge the price they had earlier planned because the performance of these chips is sub-par.

how can you say that?
viralbug said:
The thing is that Bulldozer has been delayed so much, it doesn't make much of a difference even if they do manage to beat Sandy bridge in terms of performance. Intel will be ready with their new chip very soon.

as far as *chew [ the veteran overlcocker] is concerned...they may pose some kind of competition even to sb-e...and all is not rosy in intels side too..

BD Clock speeds leaked by Gigabyte

Google Translate

80122917.png

Back