Graphic Cards AMD Catalyst & nVidia Forceware driver updates

Re: Recently released ATi Catalyst & nVidia Forceware drivers

ya i'l try 10e... hated the new ccc's 5 effing (the fifth coming from wpf caching fonts for it) processes running in the background, all for wanting to enforce video settings since my display's controls are out of whack. thats y decided to only install the display driver, and yet the external events service was installed without any use which i deleted... amd should take a serious look at the hogginess of their appz not to mention these bsods n stuff....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

well i installed the default radeon 5600 series driver that windows 7 installs, v8.791...dunno which catalyst it would be associated to...Turns out that external events monitor service is installed by the driver itself since its now running... i'll just let it run this time. ;) the boot up is a lot faster now compared to what i was getting installing the graphics driver through ati... hopefully it won't misbehave, fingers crossed.

My comp was showing black screen and mouse arrow at login screen, safe mode was visible... Dunno how suddenly 10.4 drivers malfunctioned ?

Now I have installed catalyst 10.12 , display is good , but ccc dont open up !!

should i try the hotfix ?

3 question, have you disabled any catalyst startup items? did you cleanup after uninstalling? and did u install the preview or the standard ccc?

abhifusion said:
My comp was showing black screen and mouse arrow at login screen, safe mode was visible... Dunno how suddenly 10.4 drivers malfunctioned ?

Now I have installed catalyst 10.12 , display is good , but ccc dont open up !!

should i try the hotfix ?
Try it. Just overlay.

PrK said:
3 question, have you disabled any catalyst startup items? did you cleanup after uninstalling? and did u install the preview or the standard ccc?
Ans1 : Nope ...

Ans2 : I uninstalled it through Driver Sweeper , Was not able to uninstall them in safe mode through control panel or uninstaller utility ...

Ans3 : Installed standard ccc ...

Alright, about answer 2, did you not use the inbuilt uninstaller first before using driver sweeper? if so, then uninstall the present installation using the inbuilt uninstaller and try installing again, do not perform cleanup by any cleaner, then try installing 10.12a this time like asingh suggested. it should fix the opening up issue.

10.12 is working flawlessly on my system ,no bsod,none were there in the older version also,only thing is the ccc has got a make over:).

Edit-I guess the thread Title should be AMD Catalyst driver?

CCC sometimes gets disabled happed to my friends pc,all u have to do is uninstall through control panel ,then use driver sweeper in safe mode,then delete the fold named ATI or AMD in the C drive,then restart the system,then your pc is driver clean ,install the latest catalyst and ccc will work.

thegame said:
10.12 performance analysis by techpowerup...

AMD Catalyst 10.12 Performance Analysis Review - Page 1/13 | techPowerUp

and guys is the new UI for Win7 i.e. > WinXp as i am using XP SP3 and i find no diff between 10.12 and the old ones...
yes its only for vista/7 supporting the windows presentation foundation

i reinstalled the 10.12 which is now working without problems for me as well... i even enabled driver verifier on it for 24 hrs and no bsods no other problems whatsoever. seems the driver cleanup (which also cleaned up the windows repository drivers and some files from the winsxs folder) was the culprit! the startup times are great now even with the ccc preview installed... i just learnt not to look at the 3 processes of the ccc :D.

PrK said:
Alright, about answer 2, did you not use the inbuilt uninstaller first before using driver sweeper? if so, then uninstall the present installation using the inbuilt uninstaller and try installing again, do not perform cleanup by any cleaner, then try installing 10.12a this time like asingh suggested. it should fix the opening up issue.
joel.monty said:
10.12 is working flawlessly on my system ,no bsod,none were there in the older version also,only thing is the ccc has got a make over:).

Edit-I guess the thread Title should be AMD Catalyst driver?

CCC sometimes gets disabled happed to my friends pc,all u have to do is uninstall through control panel ,then use driver sweeper in safe mode,then delete the fold named ATI or AMD in the C drive,then restart the system,then your pc is driver clean ,install the latest catalyst and ccc will work.
Did clean install of Win7 n installed ccc2 over it ... working now :) ...

Hi guys
I want to update my HD4200 (IGP) drivers with a stable version of catalyst
which version should i look for?
Also , should i download the entire Catalyst Suite, or selective drivers?

What should i do before installing the new drivers?
I am using
Windows 7 x64

p.s.
please don't laugh at me guys:help:
i am updating my drivers for the first time since i bought this pc
so i don't want anything to go wrong:)

^^ check AMD game site. There's a section for mobo package, i.e. IGP chips.

Guys....what is the best catalyst driver for a HD 5770 at the moment.I'm using 11.2 right now should I switch back to an older driver?

hmm...true,no issues as such. I was just a little unhappy with the performance in Bulletstorm so I thought maybe its a driver issue but now I'm thinking it's just that the game is heavier than I thought.Thanks I'll stick to 11.1(not 11.2).Is there any point in trying to get Morphological AA to work?Has anyone found it useful?

nuke'em said:
hmm...true,no issues as such. I was just a little unhappy with the performance in Bulletstorm so I thought maybe its a driver issue but now I'm thinking it's just that the game is heavier than I thought.Thanks I'll stick to 11.1(not 11.2).Is there any point in trying to get Morphological AA to work?Has anyone found it useful?
It uses an old engine so you should not face much stuttering. What exact issue you getting..?

I think MLAA does not work with 5xxx series.

The issue is that the framerate is not that good at 1600x900.It is around 30-40fps avg.And the framerate is not that consistent there's some stuttering.Crysis 2 actually feels smoother at the same res Hardcore settings.AFAIK MLAA is supported for 5xxx properly in 10.11e or through some driver file tweak other drivers.As for Bulletstorm i think its an issue with the game.Other people seem to have stuttering problems too.

^^

Did you try Bullet Storm with vsync ON.

Back