Graphic Cards AMD Catalyst & nVidia Forceware driver updates

Re: Recently released ATi Catalyst & nVidia Forceware drivers

ForceWare 257.21 performance

The performance of 19x.xx with my configuration is less than the older 186.18 release. Please refer to this post for performance numbers. The gameplay experience is also smoother with 186.18. So I gave up hope on the 19x.xx series. I was using 186.18 ForceWare and waiting for the next series of ForceWares. My wait is finally over. The ForceWare 257.21 drivers are just released. I downloaded them and ran some benchmarks to see if they are better than 186.18 with my configuration.

Please refer to this post post for hardware configuration and software used. The same hardware and software is used. The benchmarking methods remain same.

I ran 3DMark Vantage and the benchmark that comes with Far Cry 2, and I am satisfied with the results. Compared to 186.18 there is no major improvement in performance. There is a 2% increase in performance in Far Cry2. The vantage results are almost same. Though there is no performance increase, these drivers dont decrease the performance like the 19x.xx series, which means I can finally move from 186.18 to the latest drivers. I am using these drivers now. The first time I ran FarCry2 benchmark it crashed. I am not sure if its because of the drivers. It ran fine on the second try. Except for the crash these drivers are so far good for me :). Slightly better than 186.18 and far better then 19x.xx.

ATI 10.6 Drivers Out!!!

Supposedly brings huge improvements in CrossFire setups.I had many issues with the idle clocks and temperatures even though I used Driver cleaner and did a clean install.Try it out and please tell if it worked out....

DOWNLOAD LINK

nuke'em said:
ATI 10.6 Drivers Out!!!

Supposedly brings huge improvements in CrossFire setups.I had many issues with the idle clocks and temperatures even though I used Driver cleaner and did a clean install.Try it out and please tell if it worked out....

DOWNLOAD LINK
also lot of improvement with single cards in a lot of games ... performance gain from 3 to 14% with 58XX and 5970 cards ...

Most of the reviews/posts I read for 10.6, give it a buggy license. 10.4a is better, at least for me. Not trying this driver.

10.6 is extremely buggy,it did not even recognise my card. :mad:

Had to do a system restore,im on 10.3 now

^^

Yes it is a really failed and broken driver. Avoid it like the plague.

i am not sure if its crashing for others or where its broken ... so far 10.6 has been very stable for me and it has got me some of my best scores in vantage , 3d mark plus had no problems in most of the games i have played.

Which is the most recent ( tested for stability ) Catalyst for Windows XP 32 Bit for 4870 GPU

Currently on 9.12

Asingh advised 10.4b but was not sure if its available for XP 32 bit or not

I also googled for it but could not find any download site offering the same specifically for XP 32 Bit

Please provide the link also for downloading the recommended catalyst if possible to avoid wrong download

Thanks for advising

NVIDIA released the WHQL-signed GeForce 258.96 driver suite.The drivers provide official support for the GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTX 480M, GeForce 315/310 series graphics accelerators, apart from supporting every GeForce GPU since 6-series, and ION chipsets. Along with updates to the graphics driver, it also brings along updated PhysX system software, and updated HDMI audio drivers.

shravank30 said:
Which is the most recent ( tested for stability ) Catalyst for Windows XP 32 Bit for 4870 GPU

Currently on 9.12

Asingh advised 10.4b but was not sure if its available for XP 32 bit or not

I also googled for it but could not find any download site offering the same specifically for XP 32 Bit

Please provide the link also for downloading the recommended catalyst if possible to avoid wrong download

Thanks for advising
Post #139 has a link. It is stable.

Ok. Sorry. Try this. Is off a paid site, so the free section will be slow.

Does not any one have the legacy ones stored on their system..?

asingh said:
Ok. Sorry. Try this. Is off a paid site, so the free section will be slow.

Does not any one have the legacy ones stored on their system..?

Thanks

Downloading now

Will let you know the outcome

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

shravank30 said:
Thanks

Downloading now

Will let you know the outcome

Downloaded & installed it without removing the 9.12 drivers

Its working & the freezing has stopped but I cant open the CCC again

So I will have to uninstall the drivers completely & then reinstall again

i just uninstalled from add & remove programs & installed 10.4 again & luckily every thing is normal. CCC is working

I did not have to remove drivers manually

So a lesson well learnt.

You cant install new drivers without removing the old drivers in ATI

Damn, when is the Catalyst 10.7 releasing? :mad:

It has an update for VLC to do GPU decoding.

its going to be released on 26th as per the official website and from a twitter post from catalyst maker.

nVidia seriously beats ATI in the drivers department, ATI is just too lazy imho.

Back