CPU/Mobo AMD drops processor prices by 47%!!

why isnt anybody waiting for socket am2? why is everybody rushing for a socket 939 processor when amd is saying that they will stop producing 939s from 2007 onwards? Explain this to me like i am a 2 year old please

doom......am2 means new mobo(which we can get cheap after a month or so).......but u need to upgrade ram...too and quality ram r xpensive........

also c2d better option than am2......

also ppl here who r goin for 939 will upgrade for c2d in future as prices of that stuff falls..... ard next yr

magnet said:
but u need to upgrade ram...too and quality ram r xpensive........

"U NEED TO UPGRADE RAM" as in current ddr sticks wont work with am2 processor and mobo or that if i put in the ddr sticks they wont offer any performance improvement

doomgiver said:
"U NEED TO UPGRADE RAM" as in current ddr sticks wont work with am2 processor and mobo or that if i put in the ddr sticks they wont offer any performance improvement

Only DDR2 works with AM2 so you need to upgrade RAM.

Plus you need real fast DDR2 RAM to reach the performance as of systems with 939 socket equivalents which translates to much higher cost just for getting equivalent/slightly faster performance which is not worth it..

Wraith said:
I called up Delta today and they offered the X2 3800+ for 8.3k plus 350/- as shipping to mumbai...they have even sent an email confirming the same..

If any1 else is interested we can place a joint order...

so you are not interested ??
I will put up for sale in the market thread then ....

X2 5000 in 19.5k in nehru place.. went there today... wat u guys say? will it drop further and should one get this? (Rio i have ur advice on my mind, thinking about it :)) also E6600 shall arrive for sale by 8th august in NP, price not known.. will E6600 beat X2 5000's prices???

lounge said:
X2 5000 in 19.5k in nehru place.. went there today... wat u guys say? will it drop further and should one get this? (Rio i have ur advice on my mind, thinking about it :)) also E6600 shall arrive for sale by 8th august in NP, price not known.. will E6600 beat X2 5000's prices???
if thats the price of X2 5000 then E6600 is gng to be over 22k here...
it will lower n stabilize with sm time...

E6600 is indeed better than X2 5000.. wat ya say regarding price performance ratio when it comes to 19.5k for X2 5000 (current price, delhi)..???

Hey there. Check the GO:Conroe thread in the market section. 6600 for 16ish grand is an awesome price :) Dont go in for the X2 5000+ now... And decent Gigabyte mobos coming in for around 8k too

wolfff said:
Hey there. Check the GO:Conroe thread in the market section. 6600 for 16ish grand is an awesome price :) Dont go in for the X2 5000+ now... And decent Gigabyte mobos coming in for around 8k too

hehe or asrock crossfire mobos for 6k ;)

E6600 looks like its gonna come @ Rs.16000 @ Prime.. .
Availability is about 10 days though...

SoulFires deal is amazing I must say.. Rs.15675 w/ VAT :p.

Further fall in AMD prices :

Updated price/performance chart reflects single-day AMD price drop | TG Daily

Suddenly, the Athlon 64 X2 3800+ is selling for an average price of $144 - down $23 from yesterday, and below the new 3600+ target price - once it's introduced - of $149.

As the market starts to anticipate some action from AMD on the "4x4" front, prices for the FX-62 tumbled $70 in just one day, to $794. Prices for the Athlon 64 X2 4600+ followed suit, dropping $26 (down 9.6%) to $246, while the 4400+ saw the steepest percentage decline of the day, down 11% ($29) to $235

Ditto for Intel :

The Tech Report - Deal of the week: Core 2 Duos and 750GB storage

ZipZoomFly is currently selling the chip [Core 2 Duo E6300]for $193, just $10 higher than Intel's list price. Meanwhile, Monarch Computer has the Core 2 Duo E6400 in stock $17.99 above Intel's price at $241.99.

Back