Graphic Cards Amd launches ati graphics in INDIA

Had a reply from Dave(AMD)

Hi,
We definitely would like to see everyone have access to our new cards. I have no visibility into the India market and any tariffs or other cost challenges they might face. I have cc'd my colleague Avinash as he is our resident expert on India. Avinash, can you address ****'s concerns?
Regards,
Dave

Dear Mr. Vaidyanathan,
Appreciate your feedback on the pricing of AMD’s ATI range of products in India.
The pricing of ATI Radeon 4850 is accurate, but the pricing mentioned by you for ATI Radeon 4870 seems to have a disconnect. The card should retail between Rs. 17,000/- and Rs. 18,000/-. I would request you to give me your location so that I can recommend a few partners who can provide the product at the right price point. It would also help to understand which partners are quoting higher price points, if you can share that with us.
We do rely on feedback from customers like you to ensure that we are delivering the right service and products and we appreciate your inputs. For any further queries or feedback, please write to me or feel free to reach Raj Bhatt, ( National Sales Manager - Graphics products group) on **********.
Warm Regards,

Avinash Ramachandra

Corporate Affairs

AMD India

Ph +91 80 ********

M +91 **********

talk about quick responses!

anyone wants the phone/mobile numbers? pm me

Here is my mail to AMD

HI Avinash,

A friend forwarded your reply to me. Actually we are a group of enthusiasts in India which have collaborated in the community forums :

Indian Technology and Computer Discussion Portal - TechEnclave

India Technology Forum - TechEnclave

I had bought a Palit HD 4850 last week as I was quite excited by the mind boggling performance of the card for a mid range price.I got it for around 12000/- all inclusive of taxes locally here in Bangalore.

The distributor of the card is Tirupati Enterprises, Kolkata and my I sourced from heir branch in Bangalore directly as none of the dealers here in Bangalore know about the AMD HD 4000 series yet.

Now many of the friends here in our forums have a keen interest on the HD 4870 as it has hige levels of performnace coupled by a even better price. But we were only disappointed by the dealers/distributors who quoted no less than 20000/- to 21000/- for this card. Now for a 300$ card obviosuly this is ridiculous. Then suddenly one of the members posted of the hindu link where it was pointed by your respected AMD senior PR persons MR Chris that the price expected is around 16000/- and yes thats what we felt in our forums will be a great price which will help the card become very popular in India.

I hope you would look into the matter and make sure end-users and enthusiasts like us do have the capacity to get access to the the latest technology from AMD at the right price. I always see AMD processors being priced very well in India and I am sure same will happen with the video cards as well. And thanks to the AMD PR Team to appreciate our feedback :)

I have just completed the review of the Palit HD 4850 and in our forums. May be you can have a look , its more of a user review rather than a professional review. I hope to get the feeback of your people on the review.

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/palit-hd-4850-reviewed-against-8800gt-114729.html

Reply from Mr. Avinash (AMD India Operations, i think)

Hi,

Appreciate your feedback on the availability and pricing of AMD’s ATI range of products in India.

On the availability front, we have ensured sufficient stocks with the distributors and the retailers. You can reach out to Vinod from Aditya Infotech in Chennai, who will help you with the appropriate pricing and availability.

The pricing of ATI Radeon 4850 is accurate, but the pricing mentioned by you for ATI Radeon 4870 seems to have a disconnect. The card should retail between Rs. 17,000/- and Rs. 18,000/-.

We do rely on feedback from customers like you to ensure that we are delivering the right service and products and we appreciate your inputs. For any further queries or feedback, please write to me or feel free to reach Raj Bhatt, ( National Sales Manager - Graphics products group) on 9820357713.

Regards,
Avinash Ramachandra

Pls PM me for his emailID, if u need to contact him

great work guys..
The full name of the person from AMD GPG, is Mr. Rajshekhar Bhatt, i had mailed him last year about ATI's delayed launch in india, will mail again for Price query.. :D:

well great works guys but can somebody do the same to gigabyte their Mobo are priced quite high i did mail gigabyte they replied saying its the fault of the distributers and the distributers didnt bother to reply.

its not working... :'( i had called Mr. Raj Bhatt and he gave me the no. of 'adithya infotech' and 'Tirupati Enterprises' ... when i contacted them they are quoting the same old Ridiculously high pirce Rs.19500+ and Rs.21500+ respectively... :mad:

i have to buy a new comp tomorrow and i thought this thread came in the right time... but.......

prathapr said:
its not working... :'( i had called Mr. Raj Bhatt and he gave me the no. of 'adithya infotech' and 'Tirupati Enterprises' ... when i contacted them they are quoting the same old Ridiculously high pirce Rs.19500+ and Rs.21500+ respectively... :mad:

i have to buy a new comp tomorrow and i thought this thread came in the right time... but.......

convey the same to Mr. Avinash and see what he can do...Pmed his email ID to you...

again no use guys... i had called one more guy and these people are mocking ATI people... i felt like kicking that guy... he was yaapping too much. they are like who will give you for that price.. if you are so sure then go to ATI and buy from them itself.

again no use guys... i had called one more guy and these people are mocking ATI people... i felt like kicking that guy... he was yaapping too much. they are like who will give you for that price.. if you are so sure then go to ATI and buy from them itself.

Please go about it systematically.

Post the details of the distributors you are contacting, the person's name and his designation.Contact no will also be helpful. Otherwise you wont be ever be able to net those greedy lamers :p. Do let me know the details.

Back