Graphic Cards Amd launches ati graphics in INDIA

Mr. Raj Bhatt (good guy).. gave me this no. "adithya infotech - 9343184493" they are quoting 19500+. then "Tirupati Enterprises-ansar khan-9343807936" who used to quote 21+ till yesterday now gave me one more contact no. "Kiran-9945014015" who is quoting 21500+ and gave me one more no. "srikanth-9845055661" this is the guy who was mocking ATI.

all the best.

ronnie_gogs said:
:eek:fftopic:

How do we record telephonic conversations....

You have call recording facilities on phones.In my Nokia 6233 you just need to initiate a call & anytime during the call press the options soft key & click on record.It will start recording it.You can have that conversation stored in 'My Recordings' under 'My Gallery' in standard .amr format.

@ all wannabe 4870 owners :hap2:

i again repeat to go for petition....mods must start a thread with subject title PETITION:bla bla.... email the link of the thread to all TE members all we have to do is reply the thread with our views and in the end real name,email n phone number..:hap2:

just emailing AMD executives and calling them is not going work :no: all they are doing is passing the burden to the next guy and in the end we are left with the arrogant distributors !!!!! :mad: so this is the time to act united and not divided just 2-3 individuals calling and mailing AMD or these distributors is not going to change anything .......i say even if some members can afford 4870 @ 19.5-21k don't buy it !!!! boycott 4870z purchase locally let the stock of these distributors ROT, get from KMD if you want !!!!! Let AMD and these distributors also know what TE can do :cool2: i don't mind paying 16k for a 300$ card locally but 20-21k :mad: its loot !!

all i say is start a petition thread and after one day lets flood AMD and these distributor phone lines with calls regarding insane 4870 prices :hap2:

UNITED WE TE GANG CAN CREATE HISTORY INDIVIDUALLY WE CANT DO NOTHING JUST WASTE OUR VALUABLE TIME & ENERGY AGAINST THESE ARROGANT PPL!!!!

THIS IS A WAR AGAINST TERROR STARTED WAY BACK BY THESE DISTRIBUTORS WHO HAVE TAKEN US FOR GRANTED AND IN REALITY WAR IS FOUGHT BY GROUP OF HUMAN SOLDIERS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL

:hap2: :cool2: :hap2:​

Well online petitions are useless to be honest. None of these people care enough to do anything about it.

But personally I wont buy the HD4870 at this price. The logic behind the price of this card is simple. Its the importers / distributors who decide MRP. Which is already very high if you see the distributor price tag on these cards. They know its a higher end part and want to make most money out of it. AMD has no direct control over pricing. And discrete GPU market in India is still very very small. So this always happens with high end cards.

What we can do is simply boycott this card and not purchase it locally. And it wont sell at this price as then the price performance ratio goes out of window and people can buy 2 x 4850s for the price of 1 4870. Only sales figures matters for them and nothing else. Dont buy it. When these sales figures do not meet the expectations, then only even AMD will pressurise them to lower the prices of these cards here.

Funky said:
What we can do is simply boycott this card and not purchase it locally. And it wont sell at this price as then the price performance ratio goes out of window and people can buy 2 x 4850s for the price of 1 4870. Only sales figures matters for them and nothing else. Dont buy it. When these sales figures do not meet the expectations, then only even AMD will pressurise them to lower the prices of these cards here.

A few of us might but there're still peeps out there who'd buy it at that rate; :lol:

Thats the most simplest reason I got 2 4850s; at 1k more than the price 4870 was intended to be priced in India [17k i.e :p], this's total VFM;

A 4870 at 19k is more than rip-off I'd say; it sold for 12k INR at HK like hot cakes; :rofl: and out-of-stock in Thai a day after its launch;

And in India at 19k!!! Totally absurd and money-minded distris; damn it;

^^I hope no-one frm TE should buy the HD 4870 for now at least from the local distris.Just wait a few more days, Monday something might come out lets see :)

@ Funky
eXactly Funky I do agree with you on this boycott 4870 OR go for 2X4850z....
whats the use of shouting in the media, card for the masses 12k n 16k BS, if they cant control the people who sell the product !! :no:

@ Supra
I hope no-one frm TE should buy the HD 4870 for now at least from the local distris.Just wait a few more days, Monday something might come out lets see

lets see how things may turn on Monday :S
BTW anything special on monday :huh:

i feel ,we need to launch a petition page with most TE members airing their views and requests, once we get enough entries, email the petition link to most AMD PRs and let them see their customers plight

If they don't care, boycott their products from Indian retailers atleast till prices becomes sane
If they care, prices will come down soon and who knows, maybe TE would help make a revolution in Indian GPU scene

^^spot on...asking to stop buying in the middle of some thread wont capture everyones attention...we will need a seperate sticky

My mail to Chris Hook & Dave Erskine @ 11:14pm on 14-07-2008

Sir,
This email is to notify you about your so called 4800 series GFX cards for the masses being sold @ Insanely high prices in India. According to the Press Release 4850 is supposed to sell @ Rs.12,000 and 4870 @ Rs.16,000, the prices of 4850 are Ok but 4870 Rs.19,500 to Rs.22,000. Rs.16,000 is a sensible price but 19-20k is Insane that's like $455 to $515 for a 300$ card !!!
I don't get it, was that press release price a JOKE or just a trick to attract masses towards 4800 series so that in reality your distributors can feast on the flesh of the buyer !!! Don't release info that's false.If you cant provide your product in promised prices accept it and market it as a extreme costly product.
All I want to say is why make a bigg fuzz like VFM GFX cards when in reality they are not. If you cant keep check on your regional executives and distributors then no use marketing them as VFM products.

I know this mail is not going to change the reality but just it is my personal satisfaction that I emailed you.
With Refrence to : The Hindu : Business : AMD launches ‘teraflop’ graphics cards

Regards,
Dhananjay S. Patil
Nasik,Maharashtra, INDIA
Reply from Dave Erskine @ 11:21pm on 14-07-2008

Hi Dhananjay,
First, I'd like to thank you for supporting AMD. Feedback like this is invaluable in identifying regional disparities and costing challenges.
A handful of your fellow enthusiasts have contacted us about this issue. Avinash and his team in India are checking into it and we hope to find a resolution shortly. Hopefully we'll have some good news.
Best regards,
Dave

:S hope they do come out with some practical solution rather than giving false hope to all enthusiasts :( Or all ppl w8 till next 6 months for the card to touch the 16k mark :rofl: then we send a thank you mail to AMD :rofl:

can someone plz PM me email IDz of AMD India dUdes :cool2:

Just give them sometime guys. The matter is being followed up at quite a high level :p...just keep your fingers crossed. Btw the Sapphire HD 4870 seems to be available at 19k all incl in Bangalore...so may be something is happening after all :)

Back