Graphic Cards Amd launches ati graphics in INDIA

got a call from Amit, he was trying to explain me why 4870 cant be 16K as they informed in press

i told him, sorry, i cant buy your reasoning.

When 4850 sells for 11K, why does 4870 costs 19-20K. Just because its a high end card, they try to rip us.

He told, he can make it 18K max. I said, sorry I cant buy at that price point, if its around 15K, I will buy

pcgamer said:
got a call from Amit, he was trying to explain me why 4870 cant be 16K as they informed in press

i told him, sorry, i cant buy your reasoning.

When 4850 sells for 11K, why does 4870 costs 19-20K. Just because its a high end card, they try to rip us.

He told, he can make it 18K max. I said, sorry I cant buy at that price point, if its around 15K, I will buy

:hap2: nice pcgamer

pcgamer said:
I said, sorry I cant buy at that price point, if its around 15K, I will buy

Wow!!! Thats too much of optimism;

As someone said before 6 months down the line and u can get it even
cheaper; :lol:

There should be a reason why the thing retails for 18k here and 12k in S'pore/HK and the likes whereas the CPU market is more or less the same everywhere; :D

sTALKEr said:
ps- could you give us some reasoning on as to why it should be sold for 15k? show us the math :cool2:
ps2 - AMD aint ripping anyone. its for the distrys to rip

I didnt say 4870 should cost 15K, i told him, when it comes to 15K, i will buy. I am prepared to hold on. I cant buy at this price point

BTW..how do u say AMD is not ripping. Unless we know the inside facts, we cant say who is ripping...one thing is sure, they are definitely RIPPING US

My personal opinion/rant- They dont really care.

Ultimately AMD is represented by its employees here. The sales team has to meet its targets and thats all they care about. They could as well meet it by selling other products in their line- especially the ultra low end stuff, they dont need to sweat over a few buyers not buying a 4870 because it is blatently overpriced here.

I dont know if they are so passionate about their brand as the enthusiasts on this forum. We can kick up a fuss and prove that their argument on pricing is crap, but ultimately will even 20 people from TE buy 4870s at a special GO price of hopefully 15-16k?

Any concessions TE members will get will be a major bonus, and only to keep us from squealing too loudly :p , nothing will change in the regular retail channel i guess!

They are still going to price gouge with every new release, and thats not going to change overnight. But the effort made by TE members and other people may eventually lead to a change in policy! :)

Well,I think 19K is the right price. As Mr RajShekhar told ragsbava that card reaches here 17k & that is same price of KMD..Now including tax, distri & retailers have to earn (KMD don't) before they sell it to us, so it gets avalaible to us at 19K.
:)

KMD's end user price is arnd 15k now , and that includes CVD and related taxes. Also of course he has his own margin and that is included as well.Still he is able to sell arnd 15k......even if we take into account multiple distris/dealers , max they ask arnd is 16.5~17k all incl from the end users with tax and everything :)

^^ KMD price is now 15K coz 4870 is now priced $270-280.. Here 19K reflect the old price of $299 that translates into 17K when card reaches here.. I hope new price will be ~ 17K ($270).. Seems we can't do anything, lets wait for AMD posts here..

there is one point i would like to mention which mr raj told me earlier today.

when the local distry has to get cards rma'd, inevitably it has to be sent to Taiwan/China/hong kong..

now that catch here is that, our government taxes the cards which come back after RMA. As in, they dont bother with checking whether it is an RMA'd product which is being brought in. As long as its being brought in, they need to tax it.

the duties as such are arnd 19.36%

they charge a premium to take care of the restocking tax(in case of rma)

then there is VAT of 4%

local freight

octroi as applicable

plus margins.

another thing you ppl need to keep in mind is that a direct comparison with prices on sites like newegg is pointless, mainly because of the numbers involved.

sites like newegg place orders of thousand+cards(prolly more) at a time.

I wonder if AMD has managed to sell even 1000 of these cards to the end user. do remember that if i am buying 1000 cards, the distry is going to give me a much better per card price rather than in case i was to order a 100 cards.

another thing i could make out after our talk was that the days of BBA cards seem to be gone....

We all understand that ! But the HD 4850 is priced at 11k+taxes and we just want the HD 4870 to be priced in a similar way :)

If its possible for the HD 4850, it should be possible for the HD 4870 as well. There is no denying that fact :)

sTALKEr said:
there is one point i would like to mention which mr raj told me earlier today.

when the local distry has to get cards rma'd, inevitably it has to be sent to Taiwan/China/hong kong..

now that catch here is that, our government taxes the cards which come back after RMA. As in, they dont bother with checking whether it is an RMA'd product which is being brought in. As long as its being brought in, they need to tax it.

the duties as such are arnd 19.36%

they charge a premium to take care of the restocking tax(in case of rma)

then there is VAT of 4%

local freight

octroi as applicable

plus margins.

another thing you ppl need to keep in mind is that a direct comparison with prices on sites like newegg is pointless, mainly because of the numbers involved.

sites like newegg place orders of thousand+cards(prolly more) at a time.

I wonder if AMD has managed to sell even 1000 of these cards to the end user. do remember that if i am buying 1000 cards, the distry is going to give me a much better per card price rather than in case i was to order a 100 cards.

another thing i could make out after our talk was that the days of BBA cards seem to be gone....

BBA?

@supra.. i guess its best to wait for them to reply here.

@techie. BBA = Built By ATI.. ati used to make their own cards once upon a time

@muzux.. the duty figures are exactly the same on both cards. 199/299 doesnt make a difference.

I think, Duties + tax etc on $199 product would be less than that over $299..

There is nthing to think abt :p

All video cards attract a peak import duty (inclusinf CVD & other taxes) of arnd 21.36% or so. Only VAT & octroi can be extra on that depending on where the card is being sold !

@ fangface

do agree with you

@ muzux2

Well,I think 19K is the right price. As Mr RajShekhar told ragsbava that card reaches here 17k & that is same price of KMD..Now including tax, distri & retailers have to earn (KMD don't) before they sell it to us, so it gets avalaible to us at 19K.

i don't :hap5: believe it ill tel u in the end of the post

@ Supra

KMD's end user price is arnd 15k now , and that includes CVD and related taxes. Also of course he has his own margin and that is included as well.Still he is able to sell arnd 15k......even if we take into account multiple distris/dealers , max they ask arnd is 16.5~17k all incl from the end users with tax and everything

+1 :cool2:
@ sTALKEr

the RMA thing...does that mean 4850 and other so many cards sold are crap that they don't need that kind of RMA that 4870 needs ?

@ Supra again

We all understand that ! But the HD 4850 is priced at 11k+taxes and we just want the HD 4870 to be priced in a similar way

If its possible for the HD 4850, it should be possible for the HD 4870 as well. There is no denying that fact

+1

I don't believe all the crap these people are telling us cause these guys are not true to their words, I was told I will be mailed still I am w8in for the mail from last 5 days, I emailed that I am still w8in for the mail i got a reply " No Sir, we will send the mail to you,". There is something called commitment !!!
Their representative is still posting on the forum :p

If it was not possible them to sell the card @ 16k why did they shouted 16k price tag for 4870 in press release !!! and why are v forgetting that 200 $ and 300$ for both cards are the end user costs on newegg not the price @ which newegg buys the cards form the AIB's . So just think these distributors are getting price lower than 200 and 300$ and looking @ current market condition these guys get attractive schemes and other benefits :S .

muzux2 said:

:)

I'm sure KMD takes his cut as well. He's not running a charity here.

the difference is that KMD buys from the US retail market, and at that point , the american wholesalers and retailers have already taken their margins

so lets get the breakup

KMD price = KMD's margin + usa -> india shipping + US retailer margin + US wholesaler Margin + Ati USA's Price for the wholesalers

Indian Price = Indian Retailer margin + Indian Wholesaler margin + Ati India's price to wholesalers . and remember , the roduct is shipped from china direct , unlike in KMD's case where it is shipped halfway around the world ,twice.

i fail to see how there can be any comparison.You cant equate AMD india's cost price to KMD's selling price. the latter has 2x more shipping , and three people (KMD, US retailer and wholesaler) taking their margins, and somehow still manages to be 2k cheaper than what Ati india recieves it for. Either Ati is clueless here and ripping us off , or KMD knows some logistics secrets the rest of us , and certainly Ati doesnt know.

^^agree with you.. Are these cards ship from Taiwan or from US? If it is former, then distri & retailers are to be blamed. Moreover, i couldn't why Mr. raj quote 17K with ragsbava?.. Whom we can trust? Heck i couldn't understnd why it happen to GC most?

Back