Graphic Cards Amd launches ati graphics in INDIA

^^:p :p thtz true man, but u need to give shocks and pinches to get the work done ;) so again plz PM me AMD India dUdes emailz and BTW 19k is not a sweet price :S

ATi India team is working according to IST :rofl: so it will take time say 6 months to touch the 16k mark :hap2:

BTW my dealer in Nasik called ASUS regional manager...he said ASUS 4870z are in transit the stock will take 20 days to settle in the market he was saying 18k + 4% + Shipping + Octroi :mad:...after tht my dealer argued that the launch price is said to be 16k online :tongue: . The manager said let the stocks settle 18k is a indicative price not the final one its for sure that whatever happens it wont cross the 18k mark and he said that it will be lesser than 18k :clap:

I feel is that as 4870z are out from fewer brands these distris want to feast on the flesh of people...as we get all good brands like ASUS MSI GIGA here in ample stock the prices will settle for sure in next 6 months :rofl:

some one was speakin of 4870z by MSI 16-17k this week on TE some thread i don't remember now :ashamed:

I feel, it would be advisable to wait for 2-3 months to lay hands on 4870 locally, as there ain't any groundbreaking games released now and all AAA titles are scheduled only from september

4870 prices might go down by 50$ in next 2 months as Nvidia has come back hard by massive price cuts. ATI will now be under pressure to reduce price of both 4850 and 4870.

Also once Indian market gets good enough stocks, 4870 should retail anywhere between 13-14K

Mail from AMD India, hopefully something good will turn up

From Bhatt, Raj <Raj.Bhatt@amd.com>

Hi,

Thks for yr mail, I have requested Amit to call you on the same, in the meanwhile we will put a comment on Techenclave explaining them the pricing & contact details for any issue, pls stay tuned,
Thanks & regards.

Rajshekhar Bhatt

Hi Raj,

Many Thanks for your reply and help extended.Appreciate it.

I am a longtime member of India's biggest tech community TECHENCLAVE with more than 31000 members Indian Technology and Computer Discussion Portal - TechEnclave

Many people in this forum have shared their views on the Big comeback ATI did with their 48** range of GFX cards as well as the prohibitive pricing in Indian retail

Many of the community members have resisted their purchase in view of the bad pricing available to us here in India

A 275$ 4870 card is selling for 19 to 21K in India :-(

If you can become a member of this community and make a post, you would be surprised to see as to how many people are interested and vouching support for ATI cards. If you can organize a Group Order, there would be many people willing to buy at good prices.

Else, if u permit, I can pass your mobile number to the community, so that interested people may directly contact you.

I would request you can take view of this situation and introduce very competitive and aggressive pricing(like proccies) in India to help ATi cards get a good market in India as well

I am holding of my purchase of 4870 for a couple of months for better prices and price drops

I will contact you directly on your mobile, once I need to buy it.

my mail to Dave, Crish and Avinash ON 23rd July 08

Sir,

With reference to my previous mails to you I don't see any serious practical action been taken against this serious issue !! The said card is still selling at insanely high prices, whats the use of only selling the card cheap in one country ? and shout out loud that we have competitive prices !! The card is still selling for 19-21k everywhere.
If we import the card from USA its costing 16k with shipping and all paid !!!!! Only issue will be of warranty that can also be managed with delay.
I think you people will sell the card for 16k in India after 1 year when the card will sell for 150$ in USA. If you guys really want to make a difference in nVidia ruled Indian market please use sane prices for ATi products and don't let these leeches drink our blood.

Some links you guys should go through.

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/amd-launches-ati-graphics-in-india-114644.html
http://www.techenclave.com/dealer-s-paradise/go-ati-s-red-beast-s-114375-2.html

AGAIN I know this mail is not going to change the reality but just it is my personal satisfaction that I emailed you.

I got a call last Saturday explaining how they can't sell 4870 around 16k in India.
All the calculations they gave me pointed that the card comes in India till 17K then the distributors and the local tax bla bla :bleh: thingies make it 19-20k :mad:
SO DON'T GET TOO EXITED GUYS :tongue: all you gonna get is an explanation on how they are helpless and sorry and how they can't get the card cheap :rofl:

BTW it was Raj Bhatt or Avinash Ramachandra I don't recollect (sorry for the bad memory :ashamed: some viruses are feasting on it) pretty sure it was Raj Bhatt but I was told that Amit will call you and I told him to please mail me all the things that he has explained me !! so that I can post it on the forums but he is still mailing me, this shows that they may be this is a joint ripoff mission of the distris and AMD India team. That's why I didn't get the mail (I don't want to accuse anyonehere :tongue:)!!!!

And practically when 4850 was launched for 200$ in US it was sold for and is selling for 11.5K in India that's approx 275$. and 4870 300$ and is selling here for 19-21k that's approx 450-500$ do see the price difference. Now the reasons of heavy pricing that was given to me were.. shipping cost (don't think the card weight is in tonnes), shipping insurance (looks like 4850 has some free insurance), some 20-30% custom duty, then warranty issues (seems 4850 is way to cheap for maintaining warranty expense), then the profits these distris and local dealers make (seems like 4850 is favorite stuff for these local shops so they are making no profit outta it) !!!!!

:tongue: SO BOTTOM LINE IS GUYS THOUGH 4870 IS A VERY GOOD VFM CARD, BUT ITS A SHAME THAT ATi AMD CAN'T DO IT FOR US IN INDIA SO HERE PRACTICALLY ATI AMD IS MAKING NO POINT SUCH AS VFM !! :tongue:​

bullsh*t crap they are feeding us, rags, why dont you go ahead and mail them back with your comments, so that they can have some sense stuffed into their head....

SO DON'T GET TOO EXITED GUYS all you gonna get is an explanation on how they are helpless and sorry and how they can't get the card cheap

U gt a fetish with smileys or what!

It just 2 weeks....ppl from AMD have promised, that they will come up with something very soon ! And ya it will be posted on TE by them only. If not for all Indian public, I am sure at least TE members will get a very good price for the HD 4870 compared to the current price of 19k all incl :)

Doesn't hurt to hold on to your horses for just some more days :)

ragsbava said:
I got a call last Saturday explaining how they can't sell 4870 around 16k in India.
All the calculations they gave me pointed that the card comes in India till 17K then the distributors and the local tax bla bla :bleh: thingies make it 19-20k :mad:
SO DON'T GET TOO EXITED GUYS :tongue: all you gonna get is an explanation on how they are helpless and sorry and how they can't get the card cheap :rofl:

BTW it was Raj Bhatt or Avinash Ramachandra I don't recollect (sorry for the bad memory :ashamed: some viruses are feasting on it) pretty sure it was Raj Bhatt but I was told that Amit will call you and I told him to please mail me all the things that he has explained me !! so that I can post it on the forums but he is still mailing me, this shows that they may be this is a joint ripoff mission of the distris and AMD India team. That's why I didn't get the mail (I don't want to accuse anyonehere :tongue:)!!!!

And practically when 4850 was launched for 200$ in US it was sold for and is selling for 11.5K in India that's approx 275$. and 4870 300$ and is selling here for 19-21k that's approx 450-500$ do see the price difference. Now the reasons of heavy pricing that was given to me were.. shipping cost (don't think the card weight is in tonnes), shipping insurance (looks like 4850 has some free insurance), some 20-30% custom duty, then warranty issues (seems 4850 is way to cheap for maintaining warranty expense), then the profits these distris and local dealers make (seems like 4850 is favorite stuff for these local shops so they are making no profit outta it) !!!!!

:tongue: SO BOTTOM LINE IS GUYS THOUGH 4870 IS A VERY GOOD VFM CARD, BUT ITS A SHAME THAT ATi AMD CAN'T DO IT FOR US IN INDIA SO HERE PRACTICALLY ATI AMD IS MAKING NO POINT SUCH AS VFM !! :tongue:​

Hmm,
I wonder why KMD can then get us the 4870 for 16.3k . :mad: Ask them that, they will prolly say he is smuggling lol.

custom duties on graphics card is 21.653% and then they add 5% sales tax on the custom duty.

so 275$+62$(which is customs duty of 21.653%+5% of salex tax on customs)=337$

now 337$ x 43=14491 + local vat 4%= 15070 final price.

@ Supra

U gt a fetish with smileys or what!

:tongue: ya i do :hap2:

It just 2 weeks....ppl from AMD have promised, that they will come up with something very soon ! And ya it will be posted on TE by them only. If not for all Indian public, I am sure at least TE members will get a very good price for the HD 4870 compared to the current price of 19k all incl

they wont come up with something :p very soon, sooner will be 6 months :tongue:

Doesn't hurt to hold on to your horses for just some more days

:S depends on an individual Supra :tongue:

they wont come up with something very soon, sooner will be 6 months

If they do come up...u will be banned from using smileys anymore :rofl:

And dnt try & ridicule ppl ...this thread is not for that...u can make your own thread in the test section and test all the smileys

just got off the phone with Raj Bhatt.

he/someone from AMD is gonna be posting in this thread sooner rather than later.

like Supra said, hold on to your horses. They'r gonna do something about the blatant 21k price gouging and supposedly also have a few initiatives lined up for the coming days.

hang on guys :)

Back