AMD Ryzen 5000 (Zen 3) processors Official launch | Where Gaming begins. (October 8, 9:30 PM)

I'm looking for ways to import the i5 11400f. I want to get it before the pricing situation gets worse. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, sure but I'm not seeing it.
Count me in as well if you can find them at the right prices... we might get some discount if buying together.

You don't think the 11400f is good enough? The 10th gen and 11th gen i5's are slaying the Ryzen 5 3600/5600X in international markets. That's how good and vfm they are.

I had to look up the numbers: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i5-11400f/

The 3600 is 10% slower in 1080p gaming and the 5600x is 10% faster in 1080p gaming.

So the 11400f is very competitive at 19k compared to the 3600 also at 19k and the 5600x at 26k. But if you can find a used 3600 for under 15k, then that's a better deal? All of these processors are on dead end sockets with no easy upgrade path.

I had to look up the numbers: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i5-11400f/

The 3600 is 10% slower in 1080p gaming and the 5600x is 10% faster in 1080p gaming.

So the 11400f is very competitive at 19k compared to the 3600 also at 19k and the 5600x at 26k. But if you can find a used 3600 for under 15k, then that's a better deal? All of these processors are on dead end sockets with no easy upgrade path.
Honestly, 3600 is only a good deal if it is priced under 14k & you already have a compatible motherboard. Otherwise you might as well spend the extra difference and gain PCIE4 & better performance.

1400f is available at around Rs 18,500 but that is scalper price for it. When this was launched in India, it was available for around 15k in some places. Not worth it IMO at 18k but given the lack of availability of products, it might be worth it to some.

It looks like the lowest price on Amazon was 13k, but that might have been Amazon's algorithm for clearing out old unsold stock:

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 6.18.31 PM.png

but given the lack of availability of products, it might be worth it to some

More and more people are coming to the consensus that it will years for prices to normalize. And for us in India, the problem is compounded by a government that increases taxes to offset bad budgeting. And then there's inflation on top of all of that. 10k today gets a lot less than 10k a year ago.

It's really difficult to justify these increased prices for a recreational purchase like computer hardware. It's different if it is a means to an income, because it just means your roi is delayed by fixed (known) amount.

I've been looking at quality of life improvements (keyboard, desk mat, cabling) for myself but they just keep getting pushed back because of the terrible pricing.

The i5 10400f, i5 11400f, R5 3600 (and somewhat R5 5600X) are all good. Problem is the pricing. People who already have either of these don't need to upgrade at all. US prices are very good and make it very worthwhile to upgrade. But Indian pricing here not at all.
And for someone who don't have any of these, either of them is a good option provided the pricing makes sense. So I personally don't consider of the i5's and R5 3600 at a good option for 19k. Only choose if there's no other option. I'll stick with my R3 3300X for as long as I can till I see a reasonable deal. And oh I don't think that I'll need the R5 5600X. So I feel that even an i5 should be good enough for me.

I feel the price of 5600x and 5800x has more or less been constant here. I've seen 5600x often dip to 22K on Amazon of late but those are very likely to be scams - all new sellers.
Maybe there has been 1K increase across the entire series depending on the vendor (I assume because of the recent lockdown, they just need a reason) but I don't think there'll be a sharp increase in prices. Are there signs indicative of this?
What's sad is all these chips go on sale/get price reductions in US, UK etc which we can never expect here, especially under the current circumstances. Has the 3600 ever been below 15K officially across major vendors besides Amazon's pricing errors/new sellers? It seems to have largely been between 17K and 19K on Amazon.

Last edited:
Did anybody see the joke of the chip called Sapphire Rapids?

Top of the line Sapphire Rapids chip costs 30% more than AMD's top of the line Genoa chip, has 36 fewer cores (60 vs 96), sucks more watts, performance is inferior (except it specific AI workload that uses Intel's opensource libraries).

Whey did they even launch it?

@desiibond Because that is the best they can make for now and there are companies which have Intel chips approved in their extensive validation. They will buy even if it's inferior. AMD will eat up the server market in long run if the gap keeps increasing.

@desiibond Because that is the best they can make for now and there are companies which have Intel chips approved in their extensive validation. They will buy even if it's inferior. AMD will eat up the server market in long run if the gap keeps increasing.
That was just an expression. (why did they even launch it). It will take really huge effort for corporates to shift to AMD.

Did anybody see the joke of the chip called Sapphire Rapids?

Top of the line Sapphire Rapids chip costs 30% more than AMD's top of the line Genoa chip, has 36 fewer cores (60 vs 96), sucks more watts, performance is inferior (except it specific AI workload that uses Intel's opensource libraries).

Whey did they even launch it?
one has to hang in there did amd stop after phenoms bulldozer etc

Interesting, I still haven't upgraded from my b450i with 2700x- this might be a decent upgrade if at all it comes to India (which I don't think it will).

Reviving this as AMD decided to revive AM4. 5600X3D launching in the US exclusively via Microcenter only.

Who thinks this is gonna come to India? Looks like AMD has only enough stock to sell through 1 retailer. It's never gonna come to India IMO.
It may. What's the US pricing. Under 20K pricing in India will be phenomenonal.
Just get a used 5800x3D or new 5800X. You will never see the 5600x3D in India. Moreover, those are 'recycled' 5800x3D that had issues.
Or shall we say castrated.

Back