AMD Ryzen 5000 (Zen 3) processors Official launch | Where Gaming begins. (October 8, 9:30 PM)

I saw a YT claim that they had to buy a 5950x for 95k for a build where they did'nt charged the extra to the customer. leaving the second half aside, 95k for 5950x :eek:

Guys, any idea when the low end Ryzen 5000 series processors will launch like 5600 non x & the quad core parts? There has been no news lately around this & I am wondering if AMD would even bother releasing these parts any time soon.

I am rocking a good old Ryzen 5 1600 right now & want to upgrade to something faster that can keep up with my 3060Ti. I am wondering if waiting would be better considering the huge performance delta between 5000 & 3000 series or if going with something like a Ryzen 3600 would be a better idea, this way I can reuse my old motherboard as well? I play at 1080p so I am actually facing some bottleneck due to the 1600.

Guys, any idea when the low end Ryzen 5000 series processors will launch like 5600 non x & the quad core parts? There has been no news lately around this & I am wondering if AMD would even bother releasing these parts any time soon.
I don't think it will happen anytime soon. AMD is just selling out whatever they produce, more often than not over MRP. There is just no incentive for them to produce any lower binned products that will demand lesser money.

I don't think it will happen anytime soon. AMD is just selling out whatever they produce, more often than not over MRP. There is just no incentive for them to produce any lower binned products that will demand lesser money.
Agreed, Although I have recently seen a spike in processors stocks & if you see 5600x & 5800x are now easily available at MSRP. This suggests that the processor situation is definitely starting to normalize. Intel 11th gen has also launched & products like 11600k have started undercutting 5600x pricing while performing pretty close in gaming. All this makes me wonder if AMD will soon realize they are missing out on the sub $300 market & launch some alternative products.

Lets see how it goes, I just don't want to be in a situation where I end up buying a 3600 & a couple of months down the line we see a 5000 series quad core part outperforming a 3600 in gaming which is very likely to happen.

I am rocking a good old Ryzen 5 1600 right now & want to upgrade to something faster that can keep up with my 3060Ti. I am wondering if waiting would be better considering the huge performance delta between 5000 & 3000 series or if going with something like a Ryzen 3600 would be a better idea, this way I can reuse my old motherboard as well? I play at 1080p so I am actually facing some bottleneck due to the 1600.
buy 3600 now and use it for next 2 yrs then upgrade to next gen AM5/DDR5

buy 3600 now and use it for next 2 yrs then upgrade to next gen AM5/DDR5

This is what I fear will happen pretty soon & this makes me a bit hesitant to purchase a 3600. Anyways, I'll end up saving money on motherboard so I guess it is still better for me to stick with a 3600.
I just don't want to be in a situation where I end up buying a 3600 & a couple of months down the line we see a 5000 series quad core part outperforming a 3600 in gaming which is very likely to happen.

This is what I fear will happen pretty soon & this makes me a bit hesitant to purchase a 3600. Anyways, I'll end up saving money on motherboard so I guess it is still better for me to stick with a 3600.
Ask yourself a question, Are you willing to upgrade next year when new gen processors launch? keeping in mind those investments on motherboards will serve you for a long time. If yes then don't spend too much on a new item like 5000 series else but 5600x and use it for 3yrs because when new lineup will show up you will feel the difference in performance

At 1080p, with nV card and a "slow" processor like the 1600, there are bound to be bottleneck issues including the driver overhead recently explored by Hardware Unboxed.

What board are you on? If it is a 350/370, then the best bet would be a 3600, or a 3700x if some productivity usage is also involved, as 5000 series are no go. (Even the 3000 series are on Beta BIOSes, at-least on my MSI B350 Mortar - so I am a happy camper with a 2700x that I got from here recently)

Getting a new board and a 5000 series would not be too wise as the AM4 is now a sort of dead end platform (served us real well for 4 years though), unless you're absolutely going to need locked 144Hz on a High Refresh Monitor.

To be really honest, for 1080p60 gaming, don't upgrade and save more moolah for the DDR5 premiums

Last edited:
Agreed, Although I have recently seen a spike in processors stocks & if you see 5600x & 5800x are now easily available at MSRP. This suggests that the processor situation is definitely starting to normalize. Intel 11th gen has also launched & products like 11600k have started undercutting 5600x pricing while performing pretty close in gaming. All this makes me wonder if AMD will soon realize they are missing out on the sub $300 market & launch some alternative products.

Lets see how it goes, I just don't want to be in a situation where I end up buying a 3600 & a couple of months down the line we see a 5000 series quad core part outperforming a 3600 in gaming which is very likely to happen.
11600k is very lucrative proposition if you are gaming, i particularly don't know intels socket/chipset `commitment other wise 11600k is very good proposition ,5600x actually trumps it overall.

i was expecting intel's 11 gen to at least trail amd closely and undercut them.

Regarding AM5 that would not happen this year . it would happen next year .Though intel would come up with DDR5 etc with their Alder lake later this year .

There would be another final AM4 hurrah line of processors in 2021 to counter those Alder lakes may be not matching them but very much near to them in performance.

regarding you feeling the pinch that 1600 is not good enough for 3060ti thats true .I would rather recommend to get a Higher resolution monitor (1440p) you wont have cpu bottleneck at higher resolutions .that would be a value upgrade as well

Either you splurge cash to get the best you can this year that lasts for 3 years and not think of new chips coming in next two years or stick to your current system for another year and a half, get DDR5 and am5/lga1700 based system.

There is no in between I believe. If you can get a used 3600x that can work on your board, get it. I would not spend money on new zen 2 chips now.

Intel 11600k is very good, but on AMD side, think of 5800x or higher cpu for long term, say 2 or 3 years.
BTW, there is one sale in forum. 3500 for 10k. Look at it.

Thanks everyone, I totally agree with all of your suggestions.

I think upgrading to a qhd monitor first makes a lot of sense as suggested by @burntwingzZz, that will mostly take care of the CPU bottleneck & has been on my head for quite a while now.

@Psycho_McCrazy I am on Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 board & you are right both AM4 & LGA1200 are dead platforms now & I would rather upgrade to a 3600 whenever I can get a good deal on it, maybe later in the 2nd half of this year.

@desiibond you are right, there is no in between right now. I can splurge but it makes more sense to get a 3600 & get another couple of years out of this platform. Honestly, I just want a more balanced system for gaming right now & future proofing is not something that I am looking for, that usually never works out specially with how fast CPUs performance has been improving in the last couple of years.

Yes. Look for a 3600 at good deal or a used one. Also, make sure your mobo suppers 3600x and that the bios update is available and is stable.
Looks like someone is going to post 3600 sale.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-200752.jpg
    Screenshot_20210401-200752.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I somewhat agree on the saving for DDR5.
But if you are going to stick to 1080p then you may not need more than 3600. 5000 series are very good no doubt. Even I was out waiting for the 5600 non-X. But I think that AMD will first try to clear stock of 3000 series first before they launch the 5600 non-X. Else it might eat into their profits.
The problem is the graphics cards...

Also, i feel it might be worth the wait to miss out on the first iteration of the DDR5 chips. Its going to be very costly for the first year or two as they get the kinks out of the new chips and for it be become the mainstream. If you guys remember, when DDR4 came out a couple of years ago, it took a while for the chips to be streamlined, the timings tightened and the latencies to be normalized.

As for PCiE 5 or the USB 4 ..... it still needs to become streamlined. Give it a couple of years.

I feel that the 3x series and the 5x series are going to be mainstream for a couple of more years as yet. And i am talking about the average gamer/ user and not the High End users. I'd personally invest right now into a better monitor or a power supply or a mid range CPU and hold on to my money till about 2023 and then pick on a new Mobo + proc + ram.

I think upgrading to a qhd monitor first makes a lot of sense as suggested by @burntwingzZz, that will mostly take care of the CPU bottleneck & has been on my head for quite a while now.
+1 to QHD, or better yet, UWQHD, unless you're on competitive games that crop badly in UW.

While not an ideal monitor, there's a Lenovo 34 UW available for as low as 41k sometimes... It is VA/60Hz but the 3000:1 contrast ratio will be good for movies and games, especially immersive ones like RDR2 etc..
And the 3060Ti can drive it quite well..

The problem is the graphics cards...
Fortunately I have that sorted, I was one of the few lucky one's who got the FE 3060Ti in the Feb sale.

+1 to QHD, or better yet, UWQHD, unless you're on competitive games that crop badly in UW.

While not an ideal monitor, there's a Lenovo 34 UW available for as low as 41k sometimes... It is VA/60Hz but the 3000:1 contrast ratio will be good for movies and games, especially immersive ones like RDR2 etc..
And the 3060Ti can drive it quite well..
I think 41k is a bit too much for me & I also don't have space for an ultra wide on my table. I am a casual gamer so wouldn't splurge on a high price monitor, I was thinking of going with something like an Acer Nitro XV272U. Its cheap right now on Amazon & reviews are also decent.

Fortunately I have that sorted, I was one of the few lucky one's who got the FE 3060Ti in the Feb sale.

I think 41k is a bit too much for me & I also don't have space for an ultra wide on my table. I am a casual gamer so wouldn't splurge on a high price monitor, I was thinking of going with something like an Acer Nitro XV272U. Its cheap right now on Amazon & reviews are also decent.
Yeah, now the retailers are no longer selling GPU only (untill you know them really well ;) ). GPU Market looks to be like this for a long time now.

By the way the new i5-11400 performs better than 3600 and is cheaper too, at least in the US. So AMD will have to respond to that at some point with a 5600 but GN expects it to happen only by the end of this year, if we're being optimistic.

Back