AMD Ryzen 5000 (Zen 3) processors Official launch | Where Gaming begins. (October 8, 9:30 PM)

What I meant was the pricing here won't be equivalent to US pricing. Also Intel can change things up with regards to the pricing. AMD here did it with the Zen 3. Doesn't mean that Intel won't do it either if there's good profit to be made. I just checked and bhp has a preorder pricing at ~$168. Which is around 13k INR. The i5 10400f is currently available for that price. If they release the 11400f at 13-14k then they will need to cut the prices of the 10th gen which I don't think will happen at all tbh.
As for the motherboard Intel will sell the Z chipset ones first yeah? I don't think we'll be seeing the lower H/B 5x chipset that early in the market.

What I meant was the pricing here won't be equivalent to US pricing. Also Intel can change things up with regards to the pricing. AMD here did it with the Zen 3. Doesn't mean that Intel won't do it either if there's good profit to be made. I just checked and bhp has a preorder pricing at ~$168. Which is around 13k INR. The i5 10400f is currently available for that price. If they release the 11400f at 13-14k then they will need to cut the prices of the 10th gen which I don't think will happen at all tbh.
As for the motherboard Intel will sell the Z chipset ones first yeah? I don't think we'll be seeing the lower H/B 5x chipset that early in the market.
B560 motherboards are already available on primabgb & at pretty decent prices like ASUS TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS at 12.8k.

Regarding CPU pricing, 11600k is available for 25k, so I would assume 11400/f would be around 18/16k in some time. At these prices these processors have better performance compared to a 3600 for people building a new PC. Hopefully AMD will counter this in the 2nd half of the year.

I have the same problem of severe CPU bottleneck at the moment. I am playing Forza Horizon 4 at the moment in 1440p at ultra with unlocked framerate and I am only getting 50-55% gpu utilisation. Doing the benchmark I get 100% cpu bottleneck. I have a Ryzen 1600 with Rtx 3060ti. Any suggestion what should be my best course of action at the moment to reduce this cpu bottleneck?

So, called SP Road again today. Galax RTX 3600 12GB model costs 55k (+tax). Still atrocious pricing. The good thing though is that there is consistent stock availability here, unlike a month ago when they would plainly say 'no stock at all'. Or would quote a lot more than 60k (without tax). Given that not many are buying these RTX cards at these prices now, I believe GPU-related issues will slowly get sorted out in India at least from the month of May when the stock is not moving from shelves as fast as they wanted.
I have the same problem of severe CPU bottleneck at the moment. I am playing Forza Horizon 4 at the moment in 1440p at ultra with unlocked framerate and I am only getting 50-55% gpu utilisation. Doing the benchmark I get 100% cpu bottleneck. I have a Ryzen 1600 with Rtx 3060ti. Any suggestion what should be my best course of action at the moment to reduce this cpu bottleneck?
Wait few weeks. Expecting price cuts for AMD Zen 2 chips, especially the 3600x.

So my ideal plan should be to get a 3600/3600x and slot that into my existing B450 motherboard?

Not worth getting the Zen 3 or Intel 11th gen with a motherboard change right?
Now being dead end platforms, no need to change to New AM4 or LGA1200 (intel 11th).
However, B450 supports Zen3 so that can be an option, but a 3600x or a 3700x would be a way better value proposition, and essentially eliminate all bottlenecks.

Now being dead end platforms, no need to change to New AM4 or LGA1200 (intel 11th).
However, B450 supports Zen3 so that can be an option, but a 3600x or a 3700x would be a way better value proposition, and essentially eliminate all bottlenecks.

That’s a lot mate, I was looking at the most cost efficient way to eliminate that severe CPU bottleneck that I was facing. And like you rightly mentioned it does not make sense to change motherboard on a dead platform.

Also would 3600 not be a better choice compared to 3600x and 3700x considering similar gaming performance?

Also would 3600 not be a better choice compared to 3600x and 3700x considering similar gaming performance?
That is correct. A 3600 with a good cooler, PBO and good RAM tuning can sure be as good as the X models. 3700x if and ONLY IF productivity applications are run on the same machine.

Upgrade to a 5600x - that is the easiest fix

You are hitting the cpu overhead issue of nvidia drivers in DX12.

That is correct. A 3600 with a good cooler, PBO and good RAM tuning can sure be as good as the X models. 3700x if and ONLY IF productivity applications are run on the same machine.

Thanks mate, will keep a lookout in case the 3600 goes for cheap.

Upgrade to a 5600x - that is the easiest fix

5600x is very costly for my budget and not to mention I would have to change my motherboard as well given my B450 motherboard only has a beta bios which seems quite unstable from what I have read online.

5600x is very costly for my budget and not to mention I would have to change my motherboard as well given my B450 motherboard only has a beta bios which seems quite unstable from what I have read online.
well people are right about dead platform but they are not practical

one of my frnd had a b450 tomahawk and he wanted a second m2 ssd ,which tomahawk doesnt so ,one of the option would be getting pcie to nvme adapter and that would solve the problem . So what he did was he got a good deal on used msi b550 mortar ,the difference what was about 3k . He was aware that he wont be ocing very hard .And bonus thing the previous owner had orinal windows registered on that board

So what he gained
-extra m2 that he wanted
-Pcie 4.0 which could cover pcie 4.0 ssd and in future devices the devices which could utilize it.
-Now his board could support zen 3 procs
-Warranty is renewed considering old board has less warranty

totally it was practical and worth it

In your case you could flip your current one with other good b450 of your liking or move onto b550

In future you could flip 3600 and get 5600x or any of the 5XXX and you would feel the difference and keep it for years.

AM5 and new platform would be a big balloon ,with high prices of DDR5 ,pcie 5.0 /6.0 and lot of be the first premium prices.

well people are right about dead platform but they are not practical

one of my frnd had a b450 tomahawk and he wanted a second m2 ssd ,which tomahawk doesnt so ,one of the option would be getting pcie to nvme adapter and that would solve the problem . So what he did was he got a good deal on used msi b550 mortar ,the difference what was about 3k . He was aware that he wont be ocing very hard .And bonus thing the previous owner had orinal windows registered on that board

So what he gained
-extra m2 that he wanted
-Pcie 4.0 which could cover pcie 4.0 ssd and in future devices the devices which could utilize it.
-Now his board could support zen 3 procs
-Warranty is renewed considering old board has less warranty

totally it was practical and worth it

In your case you could flip your current one with other good b450 of your liking or move onto b550

In future you could flip 3600 and get 5600x or any of the 5XXX and you would feel the difference and keep it for years.

AM5 and new platform would be a big balloon ,with high prices of DDR5 ,pcie 5.0 /6.0 and lot of be the first premium prices.

I do agree a few QOL features like pice 4 and second m2 drive would be quite good but then I would have to buy both a new 550 motherboard and 3600 which again would be on the expensive side right. If I am changing the motherboard might as well get the 5600 non x when it launches.

B550 boards and 3600 processors seem very rare in the second hand market. OLX has nothing and our marketplace also does not seem to have any.

Which motherboard do you have?

Highly unlikely, although boards from Asus both b560 & h570 are available for around 11/12k right now, so we might get some lower ends one close to that price eventually.
Amongst the 11th gen i5's only the i5 11500 is available which costs 19500rs. I don't think this is a good value. The "F" variants might come much latter.

Back