Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google maps 5 onwards caching is supported I guess. Brut maps should also work fine.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Brut maps can be used in froyo. But i think the last brut map that was available was for google map 4.7. No idea if caching is supported. But Brut navigation is really good(best one i could find)

Will GPS connect in Airplane mode. I thought mobiles have A-GPS which get some signals from the operator tower for connecting to GPS satellite.

A-GPs means a quicker fix.

Mobiles with A-GPS get Ephermis data from the data connection. This enables a quick cold fix. Without this data, a cold fix can take 2-3 minutes with clear view of the sky.

Many of location based apps(Google maps...) does use A-GPS data(where normal GPS is not present) for fixing the location, though accuracy will be less comparing with normal GPS, in some cases it might in the range of 500m - 5Kms :)

Smith_shah said:
And contrary to what you might think, rooting does not "Open up a whole new world", personally as far as i am concerned, rooting is necessary "more" for the low end Android phones in the market, which have low internal memory, low processors and such.

I'm not so sure I agree with this....personally, I thought it was worth it just for the USB tethering. Depending on the ROM and phone, you can also get wifi hotspot and there are a number of great apps that won't work unless you are rooted. We were all noobs once when it comes to Android, but in general it is much easier now than it used to be. I agree that you should do your research and familiarize yourself with the process before you start and read the instructions carefully. There are so many good tutorials out there and XDA is probably one of the best place to find this type of info.

i know ive seen this answer here on the forum but cant fnd where . i have a galaxy s vibrant , + a capdase xpose 2 case. invoking the poer button to unlock the screen has become lil difficult and kinda a pain, whats the app to invoke it by any of the capacitive buttons up front ?

^^ I believe that some of the home replacement apps let you do this.. like ADW Launcher and LauncherPro.. I think you can also do this in CyanogenMod in the Cyanogen settings.

DanDroiD said:
I'm not so sure I agree with this....personally, I thought it was worth it just for the USB tethering. Depending on the ROM and phone, you can also get wifi hotspot and there are a number of great apps that won't work unless you are rooted. We were all noobs once when it comes to Android, but in general it is much easier now than it used to be. I agree that you should do your research and familiarize yourself with the process before you start and read the instructions carefully. There are so many good tutorials out there and XDA is probably one of the best place to find this type of info.

Wifi HotSpot already exists in Froyo 2.2, no need to root.

Plus the apps you speak of, are apps related to overclocking, maximizing internal memory etc. Again all related apps required for the low end processors, and phones with low internal memory.

I rooted my phone when i had the Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition, but i see no need to in the HTC Desire HD which i recently got.

I'm asuming this is the thread to post info about android phones.

saw an Android from Max mobile at a local store yesterday.

costs 6.5k and comes with 8GB MicroSDHC :)

couldnot switch it ON as it i was only allowed to check the main body without opening any accessories or battery.

Gaurish said:
What are the specs of this "Max Mobile"? And what android version?
none of that info was on the box.

MR 440

3.1 inch touchscreen (assuming capacitive from the feel of touch)

3.2 MP camera.

no other specs that i could gather.

Actually I was referring to apps like SUFBS, Rom Manager, Titanium Backup, Terminal Emulater to name a few... they really don't have anything to do with these things
Smith_shah said:
Plus the apps you speak of, are apps related to overclocking, maximizing internal memory etc. Again all related apps required for the low end processors, and phones with low internal memory.
but are very useful apps for everyone rooted ;) I also find tethering my laptop to my Android phone quite useful when I can't find a free wifi at my location. :D especially since T-mobile getting ready to launch some pretty good speeds in my area soon.

Hi guys,
I bought a new lg optimus one with froyo os,It supports usb as well as wifi tethering, but on usb mode the net connection disconnects after a few mins but on wifi mode it works fine..
Can any one provide a sollution to this..
As wifi tethering consumes a lot of battery, so i prefer usb tethering insted..
Please help here....

On my ZTE blade, i have to always press the power button to see the screen (when in locked mode) and then unlock the phone. Any way by which if i press menu/home/back key and get the screen to subsequently unlock ?

raksrules said:
On my ZTE blade, i have to always press the power button to see the screen (when in locked mode) and then unlock the phone. Any way by which if i press menu/home/back key and get the screen to subsequently unlock ?
Use LockBot....Using on my HTC Incredible..!!

I tried using different cable but still same problem..no difference...still disconnects after some time..

Aakash said:
I tried using different cable but still same problem..no difference...still disconnects after some time..
Have you tried with some other Sim..??Although it looks to be a problem of phone coz on wifi tethering its wrking fine..!!

Try a different Sim and if problem persists flash with a different firmware...!!

My lg firmware only updates with pc suit, and their is a problem with pc suit,i reinstalled it then also it does not recognises the update..
Mine is 10b..latest in india is 10c..Please help me how to update firmware..If possible will go for europe release 10e(they say its better.)
But confused will that work in india???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back