Anxiety and palpitations

As far as anxiety and palpitations, mild exercising, meditation, etc. may help. Sometimes, we have to take a hard break from what we are already during also. A Dr. or therapist better for above average or mild ot harsher symptoms..

@LaatSahab this is what politicizing in multiple facets imaginable on social media and hyperventilating issues does to innocent, naive and sensitive people. Rather, reading about your case make me more sad than reading about actual news.

Now allegations are coming out putting responsibility directly on blatant negligence of wild life department there and their direct role in the mishap. The issue is far deeper than what we know, now have far far bad real world implications on life for poor locals, know some people from that area.

Wild elephant died in Kerala on 27 May. During lock down period when people are for the first time at home and insecure, the issue was politically hyperventilated with nefarious motives enough to cause psychological trauma to you.

In Sep 2020, four elephants used for tourist entertainment died due to starvation (initial allegation) in Rajasthan, later blamed on lack of physical exercise ! Nobody even heard about that, didn't bat and eyelid, no one caught trauma from that, no politically backed hyperventilation.Even considering fate of those poor animals were directly in human hands which when considered factually is brutal. Some huge corporate entity who feigned sorrow on the case actually earlier illegally captured so much evergreen forest that Kerala govt. had to use satellite mapping to declare forest land. Mining in some regions without any checks and balances is another story. Yes it is a clown world as far as such things are considered.

Again, sorry to hear about plight.

Last edited:
@Prashant Verma Heard that there is some genetic link with vitamin B absorption. Don't know how true that that.

Also, Diabetic people who take Metformin, etc. need Vit. B Complex supplements.

For gut health, probiotics are highly upcoming field now. For Indians, Kefir, Kombucha, etc. might be easily accessible and helpful I think.
Special supplements from outside India seems to be exorbitantly costly.

Last edited:
Yes, some people are biologically unable to absorb B12 and they have to take intramuscular cobalamine shots like every month or so. Vitcofol is an example.

I suffered from B12 deficiency and its consequences a long time back but thankfully, after including non veg in my diet I have been able to maintain my B12 levels without the need of supplements.

Probiotics are helpful but honestly, a holistic approach of having a healthier lifestyle, therapy, better diet, mindfulness and meditative practices along with medication for an appropriate/extended period of time can truly do wonders.

A lot of good and practical advice has been shared here. Even the one which encourages losing yourself into work because the more engaged you are lesser the opportunity you have of going back into that rut of never ending miserable thoughts.

Idk if this might help but TISS (Tata institute of Social sciences) has an initiative called iCall which maintains a crowd sourced list of "better therapists" of India. I suggest anyone who has been struggling with behavioral, psychological issues to get in contact. A session would probably set you back as a pizza might. Tough choice, I know :p . I wish you all the best...no matter how far you are into your personal blackhole of human experience, I promise you that turning arnd is always worth it.

TISS iCall

Last edited:
in
Recently lightning strike in Jaipur (amer) which killed 30 people.Very nearby area I worry about these things. Why such tragedies ??. Such things worsened my anxiety. My brother and mom denies me not to think too much about this. All you can do is pray for them. But now i Don't worry about such things. I pray for such misfortunes not to happen. And meditation and yoga helped a lot and drinking water too.
in this world there are stories of people who survived truck hit but there are also people who die with mild fall so..
some things are out of our control stop imagining things don't be afraid of your anxiety or palpitation u if u r afraid it will be worse instead tell to you mind that
this anxiety or palpitation is nothing just a false alarm for nothing to happen......:)

"Pain is not what we carry....but what we hide everyday"
Quote from an unknown insignificant drug addict who once was a prominent physics teacher in an University.
We are as sick as our secrets...this is the root of all the anxiety, palpitation and other sufferings.
We all carry some guilts, some of us had childhood traumas, that we never can forget, but we try to move on. Beleive it or not, I work with so called "drug addicts", criminals (crimes committed either under influence or in withdrawals) And we judge them based on their behaviour and there's nothing wrong with it.
I don't believe in the theory of " addiction is a genetic disease and like homosexuality it's not a matter of choice"
It was a BAD DECISION, but it was the most LOGICAL DECISION at that point. And it all stems from some childhood trauma that remain buried.
My job is to dig it out from memory and if associated with too much shame, I request them to write it down and show it to someone they trust. Believe it or not, this simple thing has helped hundreds of these broken people to get into the process of recovery.
Same with many neurosis. After all we all are broken, the entire life is about fixing it.
Replace the drug thing with money, power, ego and even healthy things...we all are hooked to something...if you're not I salute you and want to learn from you.
Sorry for my English. I could express myself better in Czech.

2 days ago, due to something that happened in family, got into a very dark place after almost 8 years, something which I thought wouldn't happen again. Thoughts of abandoning life, even suicide, kept on running in my head. Didn't talk to anyone that day, complete social cut-off. It all started in the gym, so knew "exercise helps" won't cut it here. So after 2 years of being a teetotaller, puffed one up and slept. Woke up, kept myself distracted with chores, and decided to not a give a damn about the thing that brought me to that bleak moment. Plus talked to a very good friend of mine yesterday and now feeling better.

Feel better. Wake up on time. sleep on time. Started doing exercise. And feeling much better.
This is exactly what worked for me. Adding to what you have said , I also did

1) 3km morning/evening walk in an open ground,

2) talking with a friend,

3) kept myself busy with different things, (sitting idle will bring over-thinking).

4) slept instead of overthinking (when my mind is filled with thoughts to the brim)

5) Progressive muscle relaxation technique, when you want to sleep/relax but can't . This is an awesome technique, never fails to work for me.

Finally remember , you are already doing well and on the right track. Takes a lot to accept it and seekout help. Good luck and take care, bro.

Are there any physical health effects if these issues are left untreated for a long time?
For treatment doctor may prescribe you clonazepam or propanol. Clonazepam will make you sleep. Its a sedative tablet. But its long term effects are worse. Such as memory loss etc. There are many persons who take 2.5 mg of clonazepam everyday. According to me if you want to treat it. Just start exercising. Eat healthy , maintain same biological cycle,avoid coffee, and you may also take ashwagandha.. Doctor prescribed me 0.25mg of clonazepam but now i stopped taking it. And doing regular exercise and maintaining same cycle. And it helped a lot.and stop thinking about it.

Just adding a bit to the earlier post. Irony of fate with me is that my sister is about to do her Doctorate in Climate Change, and it's impact on mental health especially on Adolescents, but she's the last person I would talk to about my issues. Whereas my friend whom I talked to, he himself has been visiting a psychologist for last 8 years, whenever things became "difficult" and he's the one who sensitized me about importance of mental health. One day we were in the middle of the market talking with a bunch of other people about future and career(all were preparing for UPSC). He was on his last attempt and that bit coupled with relationship troubles gave him a panic attack. He just asked me to come with him to his flat and just be there for a while and not talk about all that stuff. I didn't understand what was going on at that time, but a couple of days later he told me what happened and how me just being there was enough for him in that situation. Till date, even after all what he and I have been through, he is the most even keeled person I know.

T
Just adding a bit to the earlier post. Irony of fate with me is that my sister is about to do her Doctorate in Climate Change, and it's impact on mental health especially on Adolescents, but she's the last person I would talk to about my issues. Whereas my friend whom I talked to, he himself has been visiting a psychologist for last 8 years, whenever things became "difficult" and he's the one who sensitized me about importance of mental health. One day we were in the middle of the market talking with a bunch of other people about future and career(all He was on his last attempt and that bit coupled with relationship troubles gave him a panic attack. He just asked me to come with him to his flat and just be there for a while and not talk about all that stuff. I didn't understand what was going on at that time, but a couple of days later he told me what happened and how me just being there was enough for him in that situation. Till date, even after all what he and I have been through, he is the most even keeled person I know.
To be honest when i first time felt palpitations. I was out of mind. Series of thought that came in mind. Is it a heart attack? why only me ? .visited a doctor. Ecg blood test sugar level tsh level all were normal. But over period of time. It all became normal. I accepted that i have it. Sometimes I still have chest pain sometimes.But reduced in intensity. Cold shower also helps.

Clonazepam or any benzo for that matter is the worst treatment for palpitation, anxiety issues.
Specially with clonazepam..since it has pretty potent anti epileptic action ( possibly after lorazepam), weaning from it can cause massive seizures even status epilepticus)

Back