Anxiety and palpitations

Ever suffered? Lmao. Been suffering since when I was 3 years old. Now I'm 33. Obviously won't mention the reasons here. When you are 3 years old, you don't know that you are suffering something and what is the extent of it, not even at 10 years of age. It's just a fear in a child's mind, which later is going to turn to something serious. The seed was planted when I was 3. At 33 now the tree is fully grown.

From the age of 12 I could never sleep peacefully. Now, forget it. Doctor has prescribed amitriptyline and sleeping pills but we all know how nerve calming pills work. Sure, it may help you sleep at night, as your brain is gonna be dead for perceiving any anxiety but think about the next day, when you will wake up feeling like a piece of shit. I have stopped taking the amitriptyline for now. Even if I do I take light dosae of the same, thanks to red dragon for that advice.

Only natural way to overcoming anxiety for me is to replace it with sheer hatred. Wish I became same hateful as I am today at least 15 years ago. It would have saved me from tons of regrets and repentance.

Benzos or any sedative hypnotic for that matter is mainly used as a SOS for when the anxiety gets pretty bad or as a stop gap till other meds and lifestyle changes start to take effect and very rarely for chronic conditions

Most sedative hypnotics (like benzos) can pretty easily cause dependence/withdrawal symptoms if taken regularly so very rarely a doctor will prescribe it for chronic use

Ever suffered? Lmao. Been suffering since when I was 3 years old. Now I'm 33. Obviously won't mention the reasons here. When you are 3 years old, you don't know that you are suffering something and what is the extent of it, not even at 10 years of age. It's just a fear in a child's mind, which later is going to turn to something serious. The seed was planted when I was 3. At 33 now the tree is fully grown.

From the age of 12 I could never sleep peacefully.
I can totally identify with your pain brother....mine started when I was in 2nd or 3rd standard. It again happened in 6th. As a kid I thought something is terribly wrong with me, so I got unwanted attentions.
Though my parents were genuinely nice folks, due to a strange of guilt and shame could not tell them anything.
Studies were my only escape for years to come. And that became drugs when I reached a point where more studies don't matter all that much ( the doctors here will understand it....when you're doing MD in general medicine, you are pretty much set for life)
Even during the first half of my 18 years of recovery I couldn't tell anybody the worst secret of my life.
But after a failed marriage and generally feeling miserable most of the time even after quitting H and alcohol for 10 years, I took the craziest and the most brave decision of my so far pathetic life....told another human being about the childhood trauma I went through. And instantly regretted it!! Thought I would loose the closest person I had in a completely strange country, where I was truly alone (lost both parents earlier)
But God had other plans for me...that person started trusting me completely ( I can't tell her story here without permission, but she was also broken into pieces)
Now well in my 40s, finally I am at peace with myself. Yes, the insomnia ( my longest friend) still comes back from time to time, but I have learnt to use it to my advantage...work even more.
And I do understand that hatred you have, the dreaded "why me" all the time. Don't worry my friend, if I can be happy with life in general, trust me on this, anyone can and will. It's all about changing the "why me" to "how me".

Life is not fair at all, in fact it's a b**ch most of the time, but accepting it as it is and courage to change the things we can and knowing the difference between the two ( things we can not change and can change) is the definition of life for an imperfect person like me.

P.S Sorry for the long winded whiny post.

Benzos or any sedative hypnotic for that matter is mainly used as a SOS for when the anxiety gets pretty bad or as a stop gap till other meds and lifestyle changes start to take effect and very rarely for chronic conditions

Most sedative hypnotics (like benzos) can pretty easily cause dependence/withdrawal symptoms if taken regularly so very rarely a doctor will prescribe it for chronic use
I've been prescribed two benzos, been taking for two months now. Haven't been able to make consistent lifestyle changes yet, trying to but not able to most of the time.

Life is not fair at all, in fact it's a b**ch most of the time, but accepting it as it is and courage to change the things we can and knowing the difference between the two ( things we can not change and can change) is the definition of life for an imperfect person like me.
This is definitely what I feel as well, it's really difficult to accept it and takes time but slowly and steadily I am trying to accept things the way they are, accepting that things can be outside my control.

If you don't know already Google up the serenity prayer.
@OP, is it possible to change the thread title to something broader yet simple to understand, like mental health or something.
Along with covid there's another epidemic going on...mental health issues.

Heard a lot of positive things about psilocybin based treatments. Wondering whether someone underwent that.

If inappropriate, can delete this post.

Heard a lot of positive things about psilocybin based treatments. Wondering whether someone underwent that.

If inappropriate, can delete this post.
Why inappropriate? It's a perfectly fine question.4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine and psilocin have been tried extensively in US and certain countries of EU. There are some papers on effects of shrooms on severe depression with suicidal ideation with very encouraging results.
Unfortunately studies like these have to jump too many hoops and almost impossible to involve pharma companies ( after what happened with Bayer in 1898 and later with Purdue Pharma)

Taking discussion to this thread as it's more appropriate here.

I still feel them. Sometimes have to take propanol 40 mg . Any of you still feel them ??
Don't feel any of it now. My anxiety was temporary and more because of reasons other than corona. My friends believe that I suffered most brunt of covid not because of the virus but because my mind wasn't in the right place at the time.

Biggest thing I learnt to keep anxiety at bay is that I kept myself super busy in the work. It taught me to control my train of thoughts. And not to mention, I got professional help. It turned off the anxiety like a switch.

Have you ever tried Ashwagandha for sleeping trouble?

Taking discussion to this thread as it's more appropriate here.

Don't feel any of it now. My anxiety was temporary and more because of reasons other than corona. My friends believe that I suffered most brunt of covid not because of the virus but because my mind wasn't in the right place at the time.

Biggest thing I learnt to keep anxiety at bay is that I kept myself super busy in the work. It taught me to control my train of thoughts. And not to mention, I got professional help. It turned off the anxiety like a switch.

Have you ever tried Ashwagandha for sleeping trouble?
I take ashwagandha. Daily with milk. But sometimes i wake up with bad dreams with pounding heart. And thats the baddest thing. In mid of night i have to take deep breaths.

I take ashwagandha. Daily with milk. But sometimes i wake up with bad dreams with pounding heart. And thats the baddest thing. In mid of night i have to take deep breaths.
How much ashwagandha? Need to take between 2 gram to 5 gram for to be effective.
You can also try Inositol (aka Vitamin B8) (500mg to 1000mg) before bed. It's natural substance found in a lot of things. It gives one of the best dreams. You'll see a full blown hollywood movie in your dreams. It'll make you crave to go to bed early. You can also add some magnesium (more important mineral than calcium or iron). All these including calcium you are already having with milk can be a best supplement stack for sleep. If you are still unsatisfied then add some melatonin (sleep hormone) too.

In mid of night i have to take deep breaths.
Is that like sleep apnea?

Last edited:
Just a suggestion please leave supplement suggestions and medical guessing to professionals. There's so many stuff in medical that might look familiar but could have totally different causes and so one man's medicine may not work for another and might end up doing more bad than good.

@Mukeshmeena Talk to your doc and clarify your issues then get treatment accordingly. Do not pop in supplements especially in heavy dose without consulting doctor and checking if you're actually deficient and then take prescribed meds from the doc. This guessing game when it comes to medical stuff will lead nowhere, I learnt it the hard way.

How much ashwagandha? Need to take between 2 gram to 5 gram for to be effective.
You can also try Inositol (500mg to 1000mg) before bed. It's natural substance found in a lot of things. It gives one of the best dreams. You'll see a full blown hollywood movie in your dreams. It'll make you crave to go to bed early. You can also add some magnesium. All these including calcium you are already having with milk can be a best supplement stack for sleep. If you are still unsatisfied then add some melatonin (sleep hormone) too.

Is that like sleep apnea?
No not sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a different thing. I only get this once in a week. But i cant tolerate it.
Just a suggestion please leave supplement suggestions and medical guessing to professionals. There's so many stuff in medical that might look familiar but could have totally different causes and so one man's medicine may not work for another and might end up doing more bad than good.

@Mukeshmeena Talk to your doc and clarify your issues then get treatment accordingly. Do not pop in supplements especially in heavy dose without consulting doctor and checking if you're actually deficient and then take prescribed meds from the doc. This guessing game when it comes to medical stuff will lead nowhere, I learnt it the hard way.
Its all after this covid 19.my friend also have same to same symptomps. I also got checked ecg blood test sugar test all were normal. So in his case. But he went to a big cardiologist. In his report all came normal but diagnosis mentioned" post covid 19 palpitations."

Last edited:
Its all after this covid 19.my friend also have same to same symptomps. I also got checked ecg blood test sugar test all were normal. So in his case. But he went to a big cardiologist. In his report all came normal but diagnosis mentioned" post covid 19 palpitations."
So you didn't have anxiety issues and palpitation before covid? Sorry I didn't go through this thread fully so forgive me if I got things wrong.

So you didn't have anxiety issues and palpitation before covid? Sorry I didn't go through this thread fully so forgive me if I got things wrong.
I had like . once in six month my heart use to race for two minutes max. But after covid i felt t every day.Never knew it was due to post covid. Now i dont have that intensity of palpitation. but sometimes reappears Without any stress or any tension.

I had like . once in six month my heart use to race for two minutes max. But after covid i felt t every day.Never knew it was due to post covid. Now i dont have that intensity of palpitation. but sometimes reappears Without any stress or any tension.
Stay the hell away from caffeinated drinks like tea, coffee, chocolate, most cold drinks.

sounds like ptsd from covid. might wanna visit a doc

Back