Budget 25-30k Any clue when Asus zenfone 8 will release?

bigquads

Market Restricted
Disciple
I'm due for a mobile upgrade having used Poco F1 for almost 3 years now! Brilliant phone but now it's noticeably slower and has battery issues. Looking towards the Zenfone 8 even though 40K range might be more than I want to spend on a phone.. I'm spoilt by the VFM factor of Poco F1 now..

I'm open to other phone suggestions as well. My ideal phone would be:
1. Good screen (OLED more important than fast refresh rate),
2. Decent camera (I take 20-30 photos in a year at best),
3. Small-ish size (max 6 inches),
4. Clean UI
5. Most importantly - battery life!

Support for 5G and availability of custom ROMs such as LineageOS is an added bonus! I'd like to restrict my spending to 30k( if possible). I'm open to buying a year old flagship also..

I have also looked into Poco X3 Pro but it misses out on OLED screen, size too big, UI too clunky!

Don't know what Asus is thinking. Anyways just get a Pixel 4a if you want a smaller device. No other options
Better yet wait till phones with new socs are released. Recent decisions by many mobile manufacturers like moto never releasing g100 in India, Asus going radio silent, Google totally ignoring India portend an even more limited mobile market in terms of choice.

Also, Pixel 4a has a not very decent processor. If longevity with small screen is what you seek better wait a little for iphone 12 mini to drop in price.

Don't know what Asus is thinking. Anyways just get a Pixel 4a if you want a smaller device. No other options
Got the iPhone 12 Mini (128GB) this Diwali at 35K after bank discount and exchanging my pocof1. Excellent buy!

I was worried about the battery life but 1 charge to 90% utilized to 20% before recharging, gives me 5 hours SOT. This is perfect for any day. I charge it once daily, have a car and office charger too.

Got the iPhone 12 Mini (128GB) this Diwali at 35K after bank discount and exchanging my pocof1. Excellent buy!

I was worried about the battery life but 1 charge to 90% utilized to 20% before recharging, gives me 5 hours SOT. This is perfect for any day. I charge it once daily, have a car and office charger too.
Ah, sorry I was writing the comment and didn't see your comment. 12 mini is a great phone!

Ah, sorry I was writing the comment and didn't see your comment. 12 mini is a great phone!
Indeed man! It gets a bad rap from people who use phones for 8-10 hours a day hence have to charge it twice.

IMHO, it is exactly what a phone should be, well built, compact, powerful, secure and updated for 5 years. Media can be consumed on tabs/laptops/TVs etc.

Indeed man! It gets a bad rap from people who use phones for 8-10 hours a day hence have to charge it twice.

IMHO, it is exactly what a phone should be, well built, compact, powerful, secure and updated for 5 years. Media can be consumed on tabs/laptops/TVs etc.
Yep. I was thinking of getting se 2 but its battery is abysmal. Iphone 12 mini seems to be better. Hopefully it will go again for 35k. Asus doesn't seem very keen on getting out zenfone 8 to India, anyway :(

Yep. I was thinking of getting se 2 but its battery is abysmal. Iphone 12 mini seems to be better. Hopefully it will go again for 35k. Asus doesn't seem very keen on getting out zenfone 8 to India, anyway :(
So my dad has the SE2020 - for his 3-4 hour SOT per day, it fits perfectly.

I'd say go for the 12Mini if it comes down to 35K-40K. IIRC, 16th December'21 the prices are going low again. Do remember that as soon as the sale starts (midnight), the prices are the lowest and slowly start increasing as the sale progresses by 500-1000 a day.

Yes, ASUS really messed up. With OnePlus screwing on software front, ASUS had the opportunity of the decade to become the next flagship killer. Alas, some things aren't meant to be...

So my dad has the SE2020 - for his 3-4 hour SOT per day, it fits perfectly.

I'd say go for the 12Mini if it comes down to 35K-40K. IIRC, 16th December'21 the prices are going low again. Do remember that as soon as the sale starts (midnight), the prices are the lowest and slowly start increasing as the sale progresses by 500-1000 a day.

Yes, ASUS really messed up. With OnePlus screwing on software front, ASUS had the opportunity of the decade to become the next flagship killer. Alas, some things aren't meant to be...
Yep, will be watching the sale like a hawk.
These companies have got tons of analysts with access to what people want. Or so I'd like to believe. Perhaps they know more than us. Small screen is certainly not in huge demand now because of high amount of time spent on content consumption. Hope asus and moto are wiser in the future and more small screen phones are launched.

Back